NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism

2 posters

Go down

Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism Empty Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism 3126_4875

Mike Hookem

Satirical magazine Private Eye has hit back over criticism by a UK Independence Party candidate for printing his mobile phone number - arguing it is on the party’s own website .

Mike Hookem complained he had received death threats after his business card was printed in full in Private Eye including his mobile telephone number and email address.

But the magazine has pointed out that Mr Hookem’s mobile phone number is already in the public domain because it can be viewed on the UKIP website.

Mr Hookem told the Yorkshire Post: “It is on the website but I still think it is a little bit silly of them to publish all my details. I’ve had another phone call today on the same lines.

“I’m not happy with them putting them out there and my wife and daughter are worried about what’s happening.

“I think what they are saying is an easy cop out.”

Mr Hookem is UKIP’s chairman for the Yorkshire and Humber region and is standing as one of the party’s candidates in the European elections which take place in May.

Private Eye, which is famous for poking fun at politicians, published a picture of one of Mr Hookem’s business cards after a mistake led to “independence” in the party’s name being printed as “independance”.

Mr Hookem said following the publication he had received two anonymous death threats which he had reported to the police.

He said he had written to Private Eye to demand an explanation.

Mr Hookem is third on UKIP’s list of candidates for Yorkshire in the European Elections behind Jane Collins and Amjad Bashir.

He has previously stood as a candidate in the 2010 General Election.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/news/article/3126/private-eye-hits-back-over-ukip-candidatersquos-criticism

lol!  What a muppet!

Back to top Go down

Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism Empty Re: Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:28 pm

They should rename UKIP.

The muppet show!

Back to top Go down

Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism Empty Re: Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism

Post by Dagenham Monologues Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:43 pm

Now now I see a sqeeming fit coming on.

Dagenham Monologues
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:49 pm

So death threats are funny are they?

By the way anyone want to have a guess at the ancestry of Amjad Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Can you imagine Catman's outrage if this had been done by a UKIP member to a black, muslim or gay person?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Tess. wrote:Can you imagine Catman's outrage if this had been done by a UKIP member to a black, muslim or gay person?

Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtq8gZpg5VAO1icbf5Ixb3wxRK7lPbd6S99-RAD6zJix0RKCiS7f3YcbM0
Tess (UKIP)

::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg::

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Catman wrote:
Tess. wrote:Can you imagine Catman's outrage if this had been done by a UKIP member to a black, muslim or gay person?

Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtq8gZpg5VAO1icbf5Ixb3wxRK7lPbd6S99-RAD6zJix0RKCiS7f3YcbM0
Tess (UKIP)

Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism Bitch10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

Tess (UKIP)

Private Eye hits back over UKIP candidate’s criticism Bitch10

There's no place like home....There's no place like home..There's no place like home...Click!

I'm here!

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:06 pm

catman,i may have missed it before, but what exactly is your beef against ukip?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:34 pm

nicko wrote:catman,i may have missed it before, but what exactly is your beef against ukip?

Full of racists, homophobes and fruitcakes, not just my words, but also the words of David Cameron for one, and also the majority of the Left.

I and others, have posted many stories to prove the point!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:37 pm

Catman wrote:
nicko wrote:catman,i may have missed it before, but what exactly is your beef against ukip?

Full of racists, homophobes and fruitcakes, not just my words, but also the words of David Cameron for one, and also the majority of the Left.

No you're mistaken.....you mean the labour party.You know,the party that has members & MPs who are affiliated to paedophile groups.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:38 pm

Catman wrote:

Full of racists, homophobes and fruitcakes, not just
my words, but also the words of David Cameron for one, and also the majority of the Left.

Phil, according to you everything is full of racists homophobes and fruitcakes.
Do you never get on your own wick?
Why dont you look for the positives once in a while?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Catman wrote:

Right so let me get this

You hate Tories, hate this government, and blame this government for everything bad that has ever happened - but are happy to use the leader to "prove" that an opinion is fact?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down