NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Owwwwww owwwww OWWWWWWW

5 posters

Go down

Owwwwww owwwww OWWWWWWW Empty Owwwwww owwwww OWWWWWWW

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:02 pm

a couple of years or so ago, I severely damaged the big muscle (trapezius) that runs over the shoulder blade from the collar bone down to your ribs and in doing so also damaged the big nerve that runs through it to the left arm........

now its come back to haunt me....dunno why musta lifted/pulled something that set it off again....

But, owwww owww owwww

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Owwwwww owwwww OWWWWWWW Empty Re: Owwwwww owwwww OWWWWWWW

Post by Andy Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Use your other hand.
It feels like someone else is doing it.
Apparently.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:06 pm

and you know whats worse.....it never ....ever ....stops being painful...there is no "comfortable position no respite just nag nag nag

starting to get pissed with it.....but I know I can only "put up with it" untill once again it settles ...in somewhere around 4-6 weeks ughhhhh

hence kapake ooooh that codeine

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:08 pm

Andy wrote:Use your other hand.
It feels like someone else is doing it.
Apparently.

it me left arm/shoulder....I'm right handed......so it wasnt that... Razz
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:10 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:a couple of years or so ago, I severely damaged the big muscle (trapezius) that runs over the shoulder blade from the collar bone down to your ribs and in doing so also damaged the big nerve that runs through it to the left arm........

now its come back to haunt me....dunno why musta lifted/pulled something that set it off again....

But, owwww owww owwww

Sonds more like nerve damage to me

Slipped two disks in my lower back last year. Which then led to sciatic pain my left leg for 3 months

Its all heeled now mind and back to normal. Did this carrying some birch trees to the garden to plant. They weighed 50-60kg

I think we can forget we are not as young as we once were mate

I now do stretches when ever I do any heavy lifting and think because I did not here. Is why my back was fucked

It was fine the first day I planted the trees, but 2 days later. Oh my goodness, but the spasms in my lower back when walking. Was agony.

Stupidly, I tried to work this off. Of which its advisable to do, but lol no. Ended up in bed for a week.  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:12 pm

I know what caused the original injury a few years back

I was unloading ...on my own, 2 of 12 ft by 10 inch square english oak gate posts out of the back of my van, by sliding them out....pulling on them with both arms. I felt a twinge when I was doing that but it wasnt unrill I woke up the next morning unable to move my left arm and shoulder and in serious pain that I reralised what I'd done...went to the doc...who said, hard luck...it will get better.....eventually.......now take two kapake as needed....

2 of those = 4hrs with the fairies.......

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:15 pm

yep didge similar thing, and you are right it is nerve damage...the nerve gets stretched.trapped when the muscle is damaged....pain and tingling from shoulder down arm to little and 3rd finger on left hand...

god knows what those gateposts weighed, and you are right we DO forget we aint as young as we used to be....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:18 pm

I'm 65 next sept...and STILL hump sacks of cement and half trees around like I used to in my 20's...still shin up trees to top them out before felling..and then wonder why I ache Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:yep didge similar thing, and you are right it is nerve damage...the nerve gets stretched.trapped when the muscle is damaged....pain and tingling from shoulder down arm to little and 3rd finger on left hand...

god knows what those gateposts weighed, and you are right we DO forget we aint as young as we used to be....

I sympathise mate. Its horrible, the back spasms I had were intense. Never had anything like that before. 

I think we just know we can lift them and move them, as we have before

It really shows how the body ages

Rest up mate and hope you recover soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:23 pm

trouble is ..we think we are like the dragons in Anne Maccaffreys dragon song books the Pern series

when asked how much a dragon can lift the reply comes "as much as it thinks it can"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:32 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:trouble is ..we think we are like the dragons in Anne Maccaffreys dragon song books the Pern series

when asked how much a dragon can lift the reply comes "as much as it thinks it can"

lol, mate that day, I felt shattered, but never felt like I had any injury.

It was only 2 days later when standing up. That it took me a minute to stand up properly when getting up from sitting down. After that, it only got worse.

I think its a stubborn thing mate. I remember my late father telling me about my grand father first heart attack. Who was as strong as an ox, with a bull neck. Was a boxer also. When 76, he helped lift this outboard motor for a boat for these young lads. He then had a heart attack, soon after. When he woke in the hospital, he moaned as to why he was in a ward with old people.. Laughing

Bless him

Sometimes we simple do not recognise our bodies get older.

As our minds believe we are still 21.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:43 pm

yep too right

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:46 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:a couple of years or so ago, I severely damaged the big muscle (trapezius) that runs over the shoulder blade from the collar bone down to your ribs and in doing so also damaged the big nerve that runs through it to the left arm........

But, owwww owww owwww

Referred pain from the Trapezius can be commonly misdiagnosed. It can cause symptoms of shoulder bursitis, or a pinched nerve. Have you been to a chiropractor or had some deep tissue massage?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:39 pm

Sounds painful LF... but if it's any consolation, in the last 3 weeks I have been suffering with a fractured big toe, a strained shoulder, and last few days have had a bad cold or flu... and now I've started getting an achilles heel pain in my other foot...!

Oh... and I've also had a nasty little slice across the outside joint of one of my fingers for last few days too...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Sounds painful LF... but if it's any consolation, in the last 3 weeks I have been suffering with a fractured big toe, a strained shoulder, and last few days have had a bad cold or flu... and now I've started getting an achilles heel pain in my other foot...!

Oh... and I've also had a nasty little slice across the outside joint of one of my fingers for last few days too...!

Sounds like the game, twister injuries to me Tommy.. Laughing

The cold and flu, well lets not ask about how you caught that mate... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:48 pm

so lets see Tommy...

you
stepped outside, stubbed your toe on a brick, tripped over the cat, landed on the grass, got up and fell into the paddling pool, getting soaked in cold water.....

then to add insult to injury the cat swiped you in revenge for calling it a cooking fat????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:52 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:yep didge similar thing, and you are right it is nerve damage...the nerve gets stretched.trapped when the muscle is damaged....pain and tingling from shoulder down arm to little and 3rd finger on left hand...

old age is a bugger, but you learn to get around it.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:so lets see Tommy...

you
stepped outside, stubbed your toe on a brick, tripped over the cat, landed on the grass, got up and fell into the paddling pool, getting soaked in cold water.....

then to add insult to injury the cat swiped you in revenge for calling it a cooking fat????

Razz

Tommy will love that, as he has a good sense of humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum