NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman.

+4
Original Quill
Vintage
HoratioTarr
Syl
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. Empty Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman.

Post by Syl Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 pm

What is wrong with these women? She was happily married, not some lonely old widow woman looking for love.
Her husband is standing by her.

Stupid cow. Rolling Eyes

"A married mum had to confess all to her gobsmacked husband when her Instagram sex scammer blackmailed her over naked selfies.
Lonely and depressed Gail Astin, 44, fell for a conman posing as a 55-year-old hard-up widower from Texas.
The pair exchanged thousands of WhatsApp messages, emails and phone calls over four months.
Swept off her feet, Gail even sent him naked selfies behind her husband Simon’s back and secretly loaned him £5,500 by maxing out two credit cards.
But when the conman called David asked for even more money and she refused to send it, he tried to blackmail £2,000 out of her in a terrifying series of messages. He told her: “Do not f*** with me… You will listen to what I have to say
and you will listen good. You have one hour. Get the cops involved and everyone will know.”

A sobbing Gail felt suicidal – but took the right way out. She called police and then plucked up the courage to tell her husband of 16 years Simon.

And, astonishingly, he forgave her. ."

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. 2_gail10

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/married-mum-blackmailed-instagram-scammer-14177040
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. Empty Re: Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman.

Post by Syl Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:09 pm

And here is Gail posing for the camera showing us how she looked when she began returning the conmans messages....(Thankfully she re-enacts the scene fully clothed) Razz

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. 0_swns10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. Empty Re: Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman.

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:17 pm

She looks 54 not 44.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:26 pm

She looks bloody irritating with her( faux sorrowful) miserable face.

Sorry that she was conned and got found out probably.

I dont understand these fools who first of all allow themselves to be conned, but then go public and drag their families through the whole embarrassing mess with them.

If I was her husband I would have got shut.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:28 pm

This is for her

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. D2XVa9hWoAAftSd
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:34 pm

lol!

Is that Sean Bean?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:52 pm

Wow, so again we see the judgemental brigade over the fact a vunerable woman. Who clearly was depressed. Made a grave error of judgement.

I wonder if this was someone that Horatio and Syl knew or even a member of their own family, whether they would act as they are now about this woman.

I think it takes great courage by the husband to forgive her and no doubt saw that he also played a part here. Being as she was so unhappy and there must have been a breakdown in communications.

The most important thing here is the scammer and to being caught. That is the real criminal here, who plays on those vunerable with low self esteem.

That should be the topic of the converstaion, not a free for all. or two women posters, to then use words, that if a man said. They would shout and shriek misogyny

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:54 pm

phildidge wrote:Wow, so again we see the judgemental brigade over the fact a vunerable woman. Who clearly was depressed. Made a grave error of judgement.

I wonder if this was someone that Horatio and Syl knew or even a member of their own family, whether they would act as they are now about this woman.

I think it takes great courage by the husband to forgive her and no doubt saw that he also played a part here. Being as she was so unhappy and there must have been a breakdown in communications.

The most important thing here is the scammer and to being caught. That is the real criminal here, who plays on those vunerable with low self esteem.

That should be the topic of the converstaion, not a free for all. or two women posters, to then use words, that if a man said. They would shout and shriek misogyny
Try and move on from the latest drama, /\ the difference is the word isn't used continuously in this small community against female posters just because they happen to disagree with you....get over it, everyone else has.

Back on topic. The police are dealing with trying to trace the conman (good luck with that) the woman has decided  to tell her version of the story so we are commenting on that.

There have been enough publicised cases to warn even the most gullible of women of scams like this. She is a fool, She fell for flattery because her and her OH were going through a bad patch, which most marriages do.
 However most women (with a brain and a bit of self respect)  dont fall for online scams and send money and naked pics to God knows who....all for a bit of attention.....and if she was a member of my own family I would say the same.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:12 pm

Syl wrote:
phildidge wrote:Wow, so again we see the judgemental brigade over the fact a vunerable woman. Who clearly was depressed. Made a grave error of judgement.

Try and move on from the latest drama, /\ the difference is the word isn't used continuously in this small community against female posters just because they happen to disagree with you....get over it, everyone else has.

Back on topic. The police are dealing with trying to trace the conman (good luck with that) the woman has decided  to tell her version of the story so we are commenting on that.

There have been enough publicised cases to warn even the most gullible of women of scams like this. She is a fool, She fell for flattery because her and her OH were going through a bad patch, which most marriages do.
 However most women (with a brain and a bit of self respect)  dont fall for online scams and send money and naked pics to God knows who....all for a bit of attention.....and if she was a member of my own family I would say the same.

Its not me being dramatic but exposing your hypocrisy

You are quite happy to slag off this woman in a way, that you would charge a man over with a claim of misogyny

So this is the problem, some people are vunerable.

You think this means they are fools

wow

That is not a learning curve for people and she did something most people would shy away from

She owned up to her misdeeds and he forgave her

That shows character by both of them

You and i come from a gereneration of tough love to people and its never worked and why society has moved away from that

People make mistakes and to chastise them over this, does nothing to help the people learn from them

Frankly this thread is just another example of people using this to slag off someone who simple fucked up

I would not mind humour here, but both your replies seem very vindictive

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:21 pm

The story is in the papers and online, therefore as this is in the News section it's worth discussing imo.
If you think differently the answer is simple.....dont discuss it.

Had the story been leaked by a 'friend'  I could see that it may be somewhat churlish to comment harshly, but the woman has told (possibly sold) her story herself, thus dragging her husband and children into her sorry mess....so not only has she messed up once, she has messed up twice, no doubt believing the masses would sympathise with her.

You do...I dont....so what?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:22 pm

Okay, just to give an example.

I think Gelico spoke about her daughter being in an abusive relationship and it was a horrible time for her. Imagine if Gelico took the approach by you Syl and Horatio here.

Do you think that would have been helping her daughter?

Clearly her daughter was entrapped into a situation for a time and it took for herself to be able to get out of this and I hold that in high regard, but she must have felt awful, vunerable for a time. Unable to get out of this and may even have wanted to continue to love him whilst this went on.

Sometimes when people are down, they are more susceptible to manipulation. Yes this woman should have been open more to her husband, but for all we know, maybe she was. Sometimes people feel trapped and yearn for a simple bit of love. More so women than men.Not being sexist either. 

I would have thought Horatio would have been a tad more sympathetic. Being as she has had some previous dickhead boyfriends.

The reality is. These scammers, play on those most vunerable and to go off how she made mistakes, by slagging her off. Does not solve the problem, of exposing the actual people out thier doing this kind of scamming.

I think it takes guts to go public with this. To put her story out there, being as she was used appallingly. That takes guts and a belief to want to help others understand, what they may also being going through. Yes she made a terrible mistake, but hoepfully this will reach out to others going through the same. To help them get out of their same issue

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:27 pm

I don't understand why someone would send anyone naked selfies, let alone someone you've never met, anything can happen once the photos are out there.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:30 pm

Well you have niftily brought two posters private lives into the conversation just to throw in a couple of red herrings....well done.

To be clear....I have every sympathy for anyone who feels trapped in a violent relationship.

I have no sympathy for women who claim to be happily married yet  fall for online flattery and abuse their husbands love and trust (not to mention his bank balance) by sending them money and intimate photos of themselves.

Big difference.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:34 pm

Vintage wrote:I don't understand why someone would send anyone naked selfies, let alone someone you've never met, anything can happen once the photos are out there.
And as in this case, the fraudster who she sent her pics too threatened to expose her to everyone.

I have a few topless pics  (on film not internet)  from when sunbathing years ago.....only me and OH have ever seen them. And.....if we ever split I would be sure to take them with me.  Laughing

Last edited by Syl on Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:34 pm

Vintage wrote:I don't understand why someone would send anyone naked selfies, let alone someone you've never met, anything can happen once the photos are out there.

Like i say vintage, and this even happens to children as well. That they play on those most vunerable.

We are all human at the end of the day and sometimes and in life people fall prey to fear. That they need happiness and miss the ball park on this, when they need to learn to be happy within thmselves first. You cannot find happiness by yearning for this. 

Happiness comes from within, with how you live your lives and yet some sadly seem to yearn for others to do this for them. They then open the door to others taking advantage of them.

A few years back a friend of mine was seeing this guy but had constantly a nagging feeling. She never went to his and it went on for months their relationship. He was kind and sweet to her, but little did he know, he was grooming her. He was 10 years younger and good looking. I knew nothing of this for ages until one day she brought this up. I searched online to his new name and found out he had been convicted twice of sleeping with a 12 and a 13 year old girl. He was out on probation and she has a 8 year old daughter. He had changed his name, but the famous exposing peado site, had him on record. When I showed her this and the news articles. She did not want to believe it at first

Even after me doing this and he being then sent back to prison, on breach of his bail. She has been writing to him in prison

You cannot make this up. That is how well of a job he did, with grooming her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:38 pm

Syl wrote:Well you have niftily brought two posters private lives into the conversation just to throw in a couple of red herrings....well done.

To be clear....I have every sympathy for anyone who feels trapped in a violent relationship.

I have no sympathy for women who claim to be happily married yet  fall for online flattery and abuse their husbands love and trust (not to mention his bank balance) by sending them money and intimate photos of themselves.

Big difference.

Its showing examples how you would clearly treat those situations different based on you knowing the person

Just as i am sure those knowing the couple would also do the same

Some people do not know where to turn, when in a relationship and are lacking what they yearn for

They then end up making mistakes and again, you are not in a position to judge here, are you?

The reason she posted this story, was to show, that she like others can be scammed

You again and poorly look to make her to be the villan. When it should be the person scamming her

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:48 pm

She said herself in the article..."My marriage was fine and I was happy, but I wanted friendship.” She is confessing all because she was about to be exposed...she is an idiot.
If she was depressed the answer is to talk it out with the people you trust and get appropriate medical help,  not empty your OH's bank balance and send some anonymous scumbag intimate pics of yourself. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Syl wrote:She looks bloody irritating with her( faux sorrowful) miserable face.

Sorry that she was conned and got found out probably.

I dont understand these fools who first of all allow themselves to be conned, but then go public and drag their families through the whole embarrassing mess with them.

If I was her husband I would have got shut.

Why post that syl?

Because you have deemed her to be wrong and not actually the scammer who does this daily grooming vunerable people.

You decide to cast her as the villan

I seriously cannot grasp, how and why you would objectify her, based off her being vunerable.

Yes she made really studid mistakes, and that needs to be highlighted and talked about, but what has her looks got to do with that?

Do you see the point I am getting at?

Sometimes women, can be the most viperous towards other women, based on their own ethical standards

So speak about how she did wrong, but what you and horatio are doing goes beyond that

Its utterly vindictive and hateful

Last edited by phildidge on Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Syl wrote:She said herself in the article..."My marriage was fine and I was happy, but I wanted friendship.” She is confessing all because she was about to be exposed...she is an idiot.
If she was depressed the answer is to talk it out with the people you trust and get appropriate medical help,  not empty your OH's bank balance and send some anonymous scumbag intimate pics of yourself. Rolling Eyes

Yes her marriage was fine and how many others have been also, until played by someone out to use them?

What if she did not actually recognise she was depressed at the time?

She does so now, but again all your views are aimed at her and not the scammer, who took advantge of her

Do you not see how wrong your line of thinking on this is?

Seriously?

Yes she was stupid and silly to fall for this, but I have no idea how vunerable she was at the time

So why are you only ever talking about her and even more slagging her off?

It seems this thread is based on her and not the scum that did this.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 pm

That's what makes her so dumb
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:02 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

That's what makes her so dumb

Interesting.

Is the bases for any failed relationship. Now based on intelligence?

Do we now factor people being intelligent based off them once choosing the wrong person to trust?

I actually think it shows a sign of intelligence

It shows she admitted to doing something wrong. Came clean and shows even more her husband stood by her

How is that dumb?

If I could count the pennies for the amount of hyperbole given by some posters on here in regards to intelligence

As they simple base an intelligence only around their own subjective morality

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:06 pm

Lets use Horatio's scientific methodology for intelligence

The Jews that remained in Germany, once Hitler came to power?

Does she class them as dumb?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:29 pm

The point here is dont judge people by their uncriminal mistakes

As nobody is perfect. If some here think they are. Then quite frankly, they are full of shit and have no integrety. People fall foul all the time to bad decisions. It takes far more courage to own up to these mistakes and recognise when we have done wrong.

Like i said, the view to attack the woman here and even more so off her looks and her mistakes. Shows to me a deep centered hatred towards how some see women as weak. Never once looking at themselves, no matter male or female. Understanding that we are all vunerable at times. The fact is and again in many posts. We ae talking about the victim and for many in a negative way. When she was manipulated. 

Yet we had the usual brigade take the opportunity. Just to tell the forum, what wonderful women they are. By doing so, demeaning this woman and slagging her off by her looks.

No wonder so many women struggle as sexual abuse victims, with this kind of attitude from other women. As clearly some women dont judge the wrongful act. As seen here. They target the victim, with a view to blame her for this.

In other words, some here. Constantly have their moral compass broken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:59 pm

phildidge wrote:The point here is dont judge people by their uncriminal mistakes

As nobody is perfect. If some here think they are. Then quite frankly, they are full of shit and have no integrety. People fall foul all the time to bad decisions. It takes far more courage to own up to these mistakes and recognise when we have done wrong.

Like i said, the view to attack the woman here and even more so off her looks and her mistakes. Shows to me a deep centered hatred towards how some see women as weak. Never once looking at themselves, no matter male or female. Understanding that we are all vunerable at times. The fact is and again in many posts. We ae talking about the victim and for many in a negative way. When she was manipulated. 

Yet we had the usual brigade take the opportunity. Just to tell the forum, what wonderful women they are. By doing so, demeaning this woman and slagging her off by her looks.

No wonder so many women struggle as sexual abuse victims, with this kind of attitude from other women. As clearly some women dont judge the wrongful act. As seen here. They target the victim, with a view to blame her for this.

Who on here is saying they are wonderful? What we are saying is she has acted in the most disloyal way to her long suffering husband....no doubt if the man she was sending the money and pics to had been interested in her she wouldn't have given her OH a second thought.

People have to be responsible for their actions, yes, she made a huge mistake, sadly for her she compounded it when she chose to go public, thus dragging her OH and her kids into the whole mess for others to comment on.

Which is what we are doing....which is the whole point of a news forum. Rolling Eyes

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Just another affair, except for the blackmail. Pics? What do you think happens during an affair?

Stupid cow? Yes. This one turned out bad.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:01 pm

What a dumb bitch.

Looking fir friendship????? What by sending fucking naked pics of yourself?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:03 pm

phildidge wrote:The point here is dont judge people by their uncriminal mistakes

This is a bloody forum Didge

It’s a news story and will be discussed!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:31 pm

Did she want friendship or excitement
If she wanted friendship try the local bingo club or the W.I.
If excitement try speaking to her husband re role play or date nights where you pretend not to know each other. Find a hobby.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:44 pm

Vintage wrote:Did she want friendship or excitement
If excitement try speaking to her husband re role play or date nights where you pretend not to know each other. Find a hobby.

I have never done any 'role play' with OH, but it sounds like fun.

I can imagine getting all dolled up and wandering into some bar, ordering a long cool drink, whilst perching seductively on a bar stool.
Tall dark stranger comes in, orders a bottle of Champagne and sends me a glass over.....I accept the drink and smile shyly at the man as he inches closer along the bar.

Then OH will walk in, late as usual. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:47 pm

Syl wrote:
Vintage wrote:Did she want friendship or excitement

I can imagine getting all dolled up and wandering into some bar, ordering a long cool drink, whilst perching seductively on a bar stool.
Tall dark stranger comes in, orders a bottle of Champagne and sends me a glass over.....I accept the drink and smile shyly at the man as he inches closer along the bar.

Wait. Wait. My jeans don't fit anymore.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:52 pm

How is she not to blame for going behind her husband's back and sending stupid pictures to some random bloke?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Wait.  Wait.  My jeans don't fit anymore.

Jeans? Shocked
I would expect no less than a younger, handsomer, slimmer, Perry Mason lookalike to walk in if you were role playing Quill. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:How is she not to blame for going behind her husband's back and sending stupid pictures to some random bloke?

Because (according to Didge) she was depressed and we are all being hard on her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:47 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Where did I say it could not be discussed?

I have no problem dicussing the issue, but the comments in regards to the woman are poor to say the least

It always tends to be women also, that can very callus towards other women as we see here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:How is she not to blame for going behind her husband's back and sending stupid pictures to some random bloke?

Because (according to Didge) she was depressed and we are all being hard on her.

If you want to look poorly at the woman, when she is the victim here and you use this as a means to beat her over the head with falling victim to a conman. Constantly bitching about her and not the conman. Is incredible how you women go to town with abuse on other women. When they are the victims of a con.

I dont mind you being hard on her, I fail to see the necessity for the abuse. Which none of it is for the conman, its all for the woman. Which makes me wonder why women often do this, abuse other women in cases like this and the man recieves hardly anything said. Who connned her

Go figure

If both are in the wrong, of which they are. We often only see the morality brigade go to town on the women and not the man

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:38 pm

phil wrote:If you want to look poorly at the woman, when she is the victim here and you use this as a means to beat her over the head with falling victim to a conman. Constantly bitching about her and not the conman. Is incredible how you women go to town with abuse on other women. When they are the victims of a con.

Everybody's a victim. Send me money...pleeze.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:17 pm

phildidge wrote:
Syl wrote:

If you want to look poorly at the woman, when she is the victim here and you use this as a means to beat her over the head with falling victim to a conman. Constantly bitching about her and not the conman. Is incredible how you women go to town with abuse on other women. When they are the victims of a con.

I dont mind you being hard on her, I fail to see the necessity for the abuse. Which none of it is for the conman, its all for the woman. Which makes me wonder why women often do this, abuse other women in cases like this and the man recieves hardly anything said. Who connned her

Go figure

If both are in the wrong, of which they are. We often only see the morality brigade go to town on the women and not the man
Obviously the conman is horrible, the police are trying to trace him, there is nothing more to be said about him.
 He is not the one posing in the paper telling the world his business though, she is, therfore she is the one under discussion.

The only innocent  victim here is her husband btw.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:19 am

all sounds weird to me

they moved to a different area and she missed her friends and felt isolated. i dont get why she didn;t talk to her friends online rather than a stranger.

she fell into a depression and was signed off work and put on anti depressants. clue there,,,,,did her husband or kids not comment on that?

she knew she was being duped and he was a wrong 'un and she carried on regardless

there's always gonna be wrong 'uns to prey on those who allow it. that's life.

but what with their fizzoggs plastered over the paper it's her teenage sons i feel sorry for. why on earth would you plaster your bad life choices and mistakes all over the media with no regard for their feelings. that's bad

still hubby is standing by her and clearly loves her (warts and all)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:48 am

phildidge wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

I have no problem dicussing the issue, but the comments in regards to the woman are poor to say the least

It always tends to be women also, that can very callus towards other women as we see here.

I think women might seem to be harder on other women because they're not like us men, who tend to get all protective. I've seen it go the other way as well.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:52 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I think women might seem to be harder on other women because they're not like us men, who tend to get all protective. I've seen it go the other way as well.

Its wierd how it does happen and to me its poor to say the least. You would think women would be more standing up for each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:24 am

I’ve literally had to stop people using the library computers for all types of scams; lottery, FBI/IRS warrants, lonely men and women, elderly people thinking they are helping their grandchildren in prison in Mexico etc...I’ve shown them debunking sites, brought up news reports of similar scams, even got the sheriff’s department on the phone to say you can’t pay warrants with Visa gift cards. A good percentage do not believe me and do it anyway. When they want my help I now tell them I won’t help them so anything fake or illegal and then they get mad at me. I’ve tried using my best librarian superpowers but to no avail.

It gets to the point where you stop feeling sorry for them.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:27 am

phildidge wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Don’t be silly!

They would say worse to a man lying and cheating to his wife
Don’t you think so?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:37 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Don’t be silly!

They would say worse to a man lying and cheating to his wife
Don’t you think so?

Well that is odd, as your views were made only about her and not the conman

Like myself and Ben were saying. Women tend to hold women to account more for the mistakes they make, over someone who clearly was a con artist. The later should be the view point of annoyance more over and yet the women. Ths victim is

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:02 pm

Cass wrote:I’ve literally had to stop people using the library computers for all types of scams; lottery, FBI/IRS warrants, lonely men and women, elderly people thinking they are helping their grandchildren in prison in Mexico etc...I’ve shown them debunking sites, brought up news reports of similar scams, even got the sheriff’s department on the phone to say you can’t pay warrants with Visa gift cards. A good percentage do not believe me and do it anyway. When they want my help I now tell them I won’t help them so anything fake or illegal and then they get mad at me. I’ve tried using my best librarian superpowers but to no avail.

There is no accounting for the lack of common sense in some people, and you have seen this first hand.

I have sympathy for older people who think they are helping out family in some way if they send money, con tricksters get more and more believable, and if you are not computer savvy I can see how some people could be fooled.

But so called 'happily married' women like the one in the OP, just looking for thrills and attention, I have no sympathy for them if/when they get used and conned....serves them right.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:18 pm

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:I’ve literally had to stop people using the library computers for all types of scams; lottery, FBI/IRS warrants, lonely men and women, elderly people thinking they are helping their grandchildren in prison in Mexico etc...I’ve shown them debunking sites, brought up news reports of similar scams, even got the sheriff’s department on the phone to say you can’t pay warrants with Visa gift cards. A good percentage do not believe me and do it anyway. When they want my help I now tell them I won’t help them so anything fake or illegal and then they get mad at me. I’ve tried using my best librarian superpowers but to no avail.

There is no accounting for the lack of common sense in some people, and you have seen this first hand.

I have sympathy for older people who think they are helping out family in some way if they send money, con tricksters get more and more believable, and if you are not computer savvy I can see how some people could be fooled.

But so called 'happily married' women like the one in the OP, just looking for thrills and attention, I have no sympathy for them if/when they get used and conned....serves them right.

It does seem like poetic justice.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:50 pm

maybe women hold other women more to account because they have to continually prove themselves. The 'civilised' centuries have seen women as unable to care for themselves or make reliable decisions. When a woman does make a mistake there is still a impression that its inevitable due to being a woman and anytime something like this happens it reinforces the view. Little wonder other women give them a hard time. wonder

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:42 pm

Vintage wrote:maybe women hold other women more to account because they have to continually prove themselves. The 'civilised' centuries have seen women as unable to care for themselves or make reliable decisions. When a woman does make a mistake there is still a impression that its inevitable due to being a woman and anytime something like this happens it reinforces the view. Little wonder other women give them a hard time. wonder

Interesting. So you think the best way, is through being nasty towards them?

Based on how you think women have not been able to make reliable decisions through the ages?

Kind of putting women down through the ages there Vintage, as many have made many of a sound decision, but lets get to the point.

It seems in many women seem to give themselves a pass to be abusive towards and again mainly women that fall foul doing something stupid. Forgeting everyone at some point or other has done something stupid themselves.

I think all I am seeing here is people trying to justify for themselves its okay to get nasty towards someone and again blame more the woman here for her mistake and not the conman

I just find it very interesting from a psychological aspect.

I think it has more personally to how women view other women cheating and how and why they can and be nasty over this.
Maybe its the naturing aspect which drives why they do not like women cheating and come down harder on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:04 pm

I think you are missing my point, Didge, maybe I didn't make it plain enough though.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:47 pm

Vintage wrote:I think you are missing my point, Didge, maybe I didn't make it plain enough though.

no, it was a good point you made

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Vintage wrote:I think you are missing my point, Didge, maybe I didn't make it plain enough though.

Never missed a beat of your points. You gave your view and then I gave mine

To be honest you are not a poster/woman that acts this way (neither does cass) on such threads anyway about other women in articles. I dont see you be abusive as others do in this regard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next