NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millions are left with life-changing injuries after giving birth — yet are too ashamed to talk about it. Now, as doctors and midwives finally act, a searing exposé of childbirth's shameful secret

+4
Syl
JulesV
SEXY MAMA
Raggamuffin
8 posters

Go down

Millions are left with life-changing injuries after giving birth — yet are too ashamed to talk about it. Now, as doctors and midwives finally act, a searing exposé of childbirth's shameful secret Empty Millions are left with life-changing injuries after giving birth — yet are too ashamed to talk about it. Now, as doctors and midwives finally act, a searing exposé of childbirth's shameful secret

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:54 am

Katie Crowhurst is 38-years-old, and is happily married to Christian, a computer programmer; the couple have a gorgeous toddler, Hayden, now three. But Katie lives with a secret so mired in shame that generations of women who’ve suffered it have felt unable to discuss it, even among themselves.

It’s not something you talk about at post-natal coffee mornings or playgroups and many women are too embarrassed to mention it to their doctors and yet it blights hundreds of thousands of British women’s lives. During Hayden’s birth, Katie sustained a tear that has left her partially bowel incontinent. ‘I can’t be more than minutes from a loo or I’ll have an accident,’ she says. ‘There have been many occasions when I haven’t made it.’

Immediately after Hayden was born, Katie realised she had a problem but thought things would settle down as her pelvic floor recovered from the birth. But there has been little improvement. ‘I’ve had endless invasive tests and rounds of physiotherapy,’ says Katie. ‘But I still only have partial control.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6797199/As-doctors-midwives-finally-act-searing-expos-childbirths-shameful-secret.html

Back to top Go down

Millions are left with life-changing injuries after giving birth — yet are too ashamed to talk about it. Now, as doctors and midwives finally act, a searing exposé of childbirth's shameful secret Empty Re: Millions are left with life-changing injuries after giving birth — yet are too ashamed to talk about it. Now, as doctors and midwives finally act, a searing exposé of childbirth's shameful secret

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 am

I suppose women could just have babies by themselves if they don't like the way hospitals assist them. I've always thought it strange that female humans need help to give birth. You don't get that in nature generally.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Millions are left with life-changing injuries after giving birth — yet are too ashamed to talk about it. Now, as doctors and midwives finally act, a searing exposé of childbirth's shameful secret Empty Re: Millions are left with life-changing injuries after giving birth — yet are too ashamed to talk about it. Now, as doctors and midwives finally act, a searing exposé of childbirth's shameful secret

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I suppose women could just have babies by themselves if they don't like the way hospitals assist them. I've always thought it strange that female humans need help to give birth. You don't get that in nature generally.

It’s the most painful thing a human can do. We need all the friggin help we can get!

I didn’t take any pain killers but that was only because my labour was 4 hours long the first time and 3 hours the second.

Complications like above do happen and it’s one of the side effects of birth I’m afraid.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I suppose women could just have babies by themselves if they don't like the way hospitals assist them. I've always thought it strange that female humans need help to give birth. You don't get that in nature generally.

It’s the most painful thing a human can do. We need all the friggin help we can get!

I didn’t take any pain killers but that was only because my labour was 4 hours long the first time and 3 hours the second.

Complications like above do happen and it’s one of the side effects of birth I’m afraid.

But it shouldn't be that painful should it? A bad design IMO. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

A bad design by God?

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:02 pm

I'm such a coward, when I was told I would need a caesarian section I didn't just say ''yes'' I said ''yes pleassse!'' lol!

Prior to that I was in so much pain I thought I was going to die, right there on the delivery couch.  What a Face

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Bloody hell, after reading that report I'm glad I am no longer of child bearing age. pale

When I had my son in the 70's it was normal procedure to make a cut (episiotomy) to make it easier for the baby to come out.
That procedure caused me more problems (happily short term) than anything else, which would have been a good normal birth but for that.

Thankfully that practice is only used when it's needed nowadays, not as standard.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:58 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

I'll second that!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Neither should period pains but they are. Imagine the worst period pain then triple it a hundred fold. That's the pains of labour. I was 12 hours in labour...the worst night of my life pain-wise.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:54 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Neither should period pains but they are.   Imagine the worst period pain then triple it a hundred fold.  That's the pains of labour.   I was 12 hours in labour...the worst night of my life pain-wise.

I dont think any woman forgets the agony of childbirth, it's amazing anyone has more than one child really. Laughing

The second most horrific pain is a cramp spasm in the calf of the leg, utter agony, and nothing gorgeous to show for it when it's gone.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:13 pm

Well it is a bit of a design fault or at least an evolutionary one, most other species are streamlined for birth, although some experience problems, humans are born blunt end first at the best of times, heads got bigger and rounder, no wonder women need help.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:29 pm

A Nurse once told me that Kidney Stones were more painful than Child birth, I,v had them three separate times and I,v got another one now !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:55 pm

nicko wrote:A Nurse once told me that Kidney Stones were more painful than Child birth,  I,v had them three separate times and I,v got another one now !

I doubt anything is more painful than a natural childbirth tbh.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:58 pm

I wouldn't know Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:35 pm

nicko wrote:A Nurse once told me that Kidney Stones were more painful than Child birth,  I,v had them three separate times and I,v got another one now !

Never had them, but I don't doubt that's right.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Rheumatism is very painful. It's not a competition anyway. The point is that it sounds like someone is trying to blame hospitals. Blame the human body instead.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:13 pm

how do these women that have 10 kids get on then?????

do they enjoy pain or something......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:51 pm

It,s just like shelling Peas for her ! Smile
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down