NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabulous weather.

+9
Fred Moletrousers
The Devil, You Know
nicko
Maddog
Victorismyhero
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
eddie
Syl
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fabulous weather. Empty Fabulous weather.

Post by Syl Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:15 pm

I have a suntan...in February....in England. Shocked
This weather is unheard of...20c in Manchester today, warm enough to eat out in town with no coat on. cheers
Hope everyone else is enjoying the sunny
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by eddie Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 pm

It has been warm but hardly no coat weather.
But then, I am a chilly bones.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:21 pm

It was hot here today...real heat, I LOVE it.

Though on Saturday it looked nice, we put the top down and drove out for a late lunch, it was only a 20 minute drive, by the time we got there we were so cold it took us an hour to warm up in a café.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:21 pm

Yeah, apparently we get about another week of this and then the snow is back!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:22 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Yeah, apparently we get about another week of this and then the snow is back!

Yep...so make the most of it.
This time last year we had the Beast from the East.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:19 pm

Apparently today was the hottest February day in the UK since records have been kept.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47360952

But climate change is obviously a hoax meant to justify raising taxes Rolling Eyes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:26 pm

We had a nice weekend. But the atmospheric river is back today, Monday through Wednesday.

Weather moves west to east, so we get rain first, and as it crosses the Rockies and moves east it becomes blizzards. Because of the warm Japanese current, the Pacific at the coast rarely gets snow.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:50 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Apparently today was the hottest February day in the UK since records have been kept.

But climate change is obviously a hoax meant to justify raising taxes Rolling Eyes

the problem is those taxes are NOT being used to mitigate climate change in any way....instead of being used to provide electric vehicle charging points and the associated infrastructure, instead of being used to promote research into hydrogen fuel vehicles and instead of being used to hold down the price of "alternative fueled vehicles" to a level that the "man in the street" can afford........they go straight into the pockets of big business, the merchant class and corrupt politicians.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:53 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Apparently today was the hottest February day in the UK since records have been kept.

the problem is those taxes are NOT being used to mitigate climate change in any way....instead of being used to provide electric vehicle charging points and the associated infrastructure, instead of being used to promote research into hydrogen fuel vehicles and instead of being used to hold down the price of "alternative fueled vehicles" to a level that the "man in the street" can afford........they go straight into the pockets of big business, the merchant class and corrupt politicians.

Exactly. Polluting the planet is fine, as long as you pay your extra taxes.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:01 am

Lord Foul wrote:

Can't make you wrong on any of that. Obviously this problem requires a serious approach, and the old way of doing things isn't going to save the planet.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:34 am

Couldn't care less about the politics of it all, I am just making the best of the uncharactaristic warm February weather. sunny
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:32 am

I'm doing my bit to reduce "Climate Change", Iv sold my Range Rover 4.0 Ltr, and bought a 1.4 ltr Suzuki Vitara. I am a good Boy !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:30 am

Syl wrote:I have a suntan...in February....in England. Shocked
This weather is unheard of...20c in Manchester today, warm enough to eat out in town with no coat on. cheers
unheard of it is not. I sunbathed on my balcony back in blighty in early February at least 15 to 20 years ago, its more cyclical than extraordinary.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:31 am

has the sun done a front page with
"cor what a scorcher" with a bikini clad totty on either Brighton or Bournemouth beach yet?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:42 am

nicko wrote:I'm doing my bit to reduce "Climate Change",    Iv sold my Range Rover 4.0 Ltr, and bought a 1.4 ltr Suzuki Vitara.   I am a good Boy !

Bloody 'ell! I'm positively speechless!

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:14 am

I thought the Range Rover had a lot of instruments but the inside of the Vitara looks like the cockpit of a 747. I'm bound to press the wrong button !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:53 am

nicko wrote:I'm doing my bit to reduce "Climate Change",    Iv sold my Range Rover 4.0 Ltr, and bought a 1.4 ltr Suzuki Vitara.   I am a good Boy !
the irony there being over the lifetime cycle your range rover may well be far greener.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:29 am

Fuck, you have to spoil it for me Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:42 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Syl wrote:I have a suntan...in February....in England. Shocked
unheard of it is not. I sunbathed on my balcony back in blighty in early February at least 15 to 20 years ago, its more cyclical than extraordinary.

Well put it this way, we are having the hottest February temps since records began....so thats' good enough for me. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:46 am

Thats all double dutch to me Nicko. I go off colours.
Wishing you lots of happy driving in your new car though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:58 am

Thanks Syl, I don't mind any colour except White, this car is pale blue with black roof ! I'll be worried about scratching it !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:09 pm

nicko wrote:Thanks Syl,    I don't mind any colour except White, this car is pale blue with black roof !  I'll be worried about scratching it !

Sounds nice....Nicko.
Happy driving.
Fabulous weather. 2019-s11
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:36 pm

nicko wrote:Fuck, you have to spoil it for me Laughing
remember attack the post, not the poster, chortle
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:37 pm

Syl wrote:

Well put it this way, we are having the hottest February temps since records began....so thats' good enough for me. Wink
when did the records begin?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:54 pm

It's lovely here too. I just hope this doesn't mean we're going to have yet another prolonged heatwave this summer. I'm not sure I can survive another one.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's lovely here too. I just hope this doesn't mean we're going to have yet another prolonged heatwave this summer. I'm not sure I can survive another one.
well I am enjoying unseasonally dull and wet weather before the 8 or 9 months of 30C+ every day starts. 25c the other day and I was wearing a jumper.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's lovely here too. I just hope this doesn't mean we're going to have yet another prolonged heatwave this summer. I'm not sure I can survive another one.

I am the opposite, the hotter the better, I loved last summer.
When we were in Wales people were getting up at 7.30am to swim in the sea to cool off....in Wales of all places. Shocked
They are having the hottest weather this year too...almost touching 72c in Porthmadog this afternoon, thats hotter than most July afternoons there.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:22 pm

Syl wrote:

when did the records begin?

That's debatable.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/sep/03/weather.features11
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:23 pm

Syl wrote:

When we were in Wales people were getting up at 7.30am to swim in the sea to cool off....in Wales of all places. Shocked
They are having the hottest weather this year too...almost touching 72c in Porthmadog this afternoon, thats hotter than most July afternoons there.

It's not so bad if you don't have to work. If you work in a place with no air cnditioning and no escape from the heat, but you have to carry on just the same, it's awful.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:25 pm

Still, at least I can get some Vitamin D - I've been taking supplements for a while. Apparently, a large proportion of the population is deficient. The advice used to be to put sunscreen on a little while before you go out, and now it's to put it on about 15 or 20 minutes after you go out. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

It's not so bad if you don't have to work. If you work in a place with no air cnditioning and no escape from the heat, but you have to carry on just the same, it's awful.

Yes I can see that wouldn't be very pleasant.
I dont work now, but when I did I dont remember ever complaining I was too hot, I guess I just love the heat.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I dont work now, but when I did I dont remember ever complaining I was too hot, I guess I just love the heat.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

We had to call an ambulance last year because someone overheated so much. It should be illegal to work in that awful heat.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

We had to call an ambulance last year because someone overheated so much. It should be illegal to work in that awful heat.

I bet offices, factories etc can get very over heated.
The problem with the UK is we dont automatically have air conditioning in many places....but employers should make sure the staff are comfortable.

Thinking about it though...I dont even know where the air conditioning button is in my car, I have never used it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The problem with the UK is we dont automatically have air conditioning in many places....but employers should make sure the staff are comfortable.

Thinking about it though...I dont even know where the air conditioning button is in my car, I have never used it.

They can't make sure that staff are comfortable though. They can't make the heat go away.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Could have sworn I saw something last year about the UK having a law that says you have to send workers home when the heat reaches a certain level Fabulous weather. 2190311264
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:44 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Could have sworn I saw something last year about the  UK having a law that says you have to send workers home when the heat reaches a certain level Fabulous weather. 2190311264
too hot or cold and you can get sent home. Not usually a problem in the UK. Also if a job can be done sitting down a chair must be provided.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:47 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Could have sworn I saw something last year about the  UK having a law that says you have to send workers home when the heat reaches a certain level Fabulous weather. 2190311264

No, I don't think so. There is an advisory guide on cold temperatures, but it's not a law. The temperature in general should be comfortable but there's no actual law. I don't know what would happen if I went home because it was too hot to work. I suppose it would count as sickness. I'm not sure.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

They can't make sure that staff are comfortable though. They can't make the heat go away.
Well they should provide air conditioning or cooling fans if it's hot. Breaks so staff can get drinks, basic stuff like that surely.
If someone needs medical treatment because they have over heated thats not right.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:04 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well they should provide air conditioning or cooling fans if it's hot. Breaks so staff can get drinks,  basic stuff like that surely.
If someone needs medical treatment because they have over heated thats not right.

Putting in air conditioning is very expensive. Fans are fine but if you're moving around a lot you can't be near a fan. Drinks are good but they don't cool you down.

We've also had issues with extreme cold.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:06 pm

I do wonder if the day will come when more businesses have air conditioning like they do in some hot countries. At the moment, it's thought that it's not worth it because we don't have enough hot weather. We do seem to be having these prolonged ghastly heatwaves every summer now though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:
Well they should provide air conditioning or cooling fans if it's hot. Breaks so staff can get drinks,  basic stuff like that surely.

Putting in air conditioning is very expensive. Fans are fine but if you're moving around a lot you can't be near a fan.  Drinks are good but they don't cool you down.

Hmmm...I think I'm glad I retired. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:08 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Putting in air conditioning is very expensive. Fans are fine but if you're moving around a lot you can't be near a fan.  Drinks are good but they don't cool you down.

Yes. I think about that myself quite a lot. Razz I'm a bit too young though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Retirement is one of the good things about being ancient. Razz
Actually I gave up working when I was just 50 to look after my mum...not so old really..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:13 pm

There's definitely a gap in the market. Someone needs to invent a sort of strap on fan which you can attach to yourself. You can get handheld fans but then you can't actually get any work done because you have to hold them. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:15 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Retirement is one of the good things about being ancient. Razz
Actually I gave up working when I was just 50 to look after my mum...not so old really..  

That is young. Anyone can just retire I suppose - if they have the funds to do so. I'm still working on that. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I hate air conditioning. It makes me feel cold and also spreads things like colds around offices. It’s horrible.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:29 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I hate air conditioning. It makes me feel cold and also spreads things like colds around offices.  It’s horrible.

I know what you mean. I know people who do have air con at work, and they argue about it - some saying it's too cold, and others saying it's still too hot. It does feel a bit unnatural, but it's better than having people keeling over because of the heat.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:40 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Retirement age for women is 66 now.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:45 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

Retirement age for women is 66 now.  

To get the state pension, yes. Those feminists have a lot to answer for. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next