NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catholic Church In Texas Names Nearly 300 Priests Accused Of Sex Abuse

+4
Maddog
Original Quill
eddie
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Go down

Catholic Church In Texas Names Nearly 300 Priests Accused Of Sex Abuse Empty Catholic Church In Texas Names Nearly 300 Priests Accused Of Sex Abuse

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:28 pm

The Roman Catholic Church in Texas on Thursday released the names of almost 300 priests who it said had been credibly accused of child sex abuse over nearly eight decades.  

The action was the latest in a wave of disclosures by the church as it faces a series of federal and state investigations into its handling of sexual misconduct.       

The names were posted online by all 15 of the state’s dioceses and followed the publication in August of a bombshell report on clerical sex abuse by the Pennsylvania attorney general that has spurred investigations of the church in more than a dozen other states.

Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, the Archbishop of Galveston-Houston and the president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, said in a statement on Thursday that releasing the names of the accused was the right thing to do.

Continue reading by clicking the name of the source below.

CONTINUE READING AT: NEW YORK TIMES

Back to top Go down

Catholic Church In Texas Names Nearly 300 Priests Accused Of Sex Abuse Empty Re: Catholic Church In Texas Names Nearly 300 Priests Accused Of Sex Abuse

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:09 pm

I know my paper was working this story before I left. I just hope that people realize that officials from all churches do this. Pedos have a strong tendency to take jobs that put them in close proximity to children, and the religious aspect makes them seem like they can do no wrong to many people, particularly in America.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Catholic Church In Texas Names Nearly 300 Priests Accused Of Sex Abuse Empty Re: Catholic Church In Texas Names Nearly 300 Priests Accused Of Sex Abuse

Post by eddie Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:10 pm

The world is run by rich and powerful paedos.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:25 pm

eddie wrote:The world is run by rich and powerful paedos.

And they are all conservative Republican.  They've even had a Speaker of the House (Dennis Hastert), though he's in prison now.

I don't understand the link between righties and depraved conduct, but we got it all over again with Trump.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:The world is run by rich and powerful paedos.

And they are all conservative Republican.  They've even had a Speaker of the House (Dennis Hastert), though he's in prison now.

I don't understand the link between righties and depraved conduct, but we got it all over again with Trump.

I do agree that the people who run the world are very probably “right wing”. You’ll never find out who they are though.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I do agree that the people who run the world are very probably “right wing”. You’ll never find out who they are though.

Who is actually running the world Eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:32 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:I  know my paper  was working this story before I left. I just hope that people realize that officials from all  churches do this. Pedos have a strong tendency to take jobs that put them in close proximity to children, and the religious  aspect makes them seem like they can do no wrong to many people, particularly in America.

This has been going on for years, with the Catholic Church covering up thousands of Catholic Priests.

Great film, Spotlight on this highlights the true events around the Boston globe uncovering the Catholic Church. How they used to move so many abuses priests constantly around

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:36 pm

Thor wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The people with all the money and power, didge.

It’s a no-brainier.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Thor wrote:

The people with all the money and power, didge.

It’s a no-brainier.

Well I have heard this kind of poor conspiracy view before, which is normally around blaming and casting Jews as running the world

With a view on their wealth etc

Its age old this poor unfounded conspiracy. Its also antisemitism

So I ask again, who are these people and how are they able to run the world?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:41 pm

I didn’t mention Jews and I’m not about to put up any argument. If you can’t see that there’s a power above the “power” that we think is in charge...well, I cannot help you.
And I’m not about to try to convince you. I can guarantee that.

Just try doing an online “paper-trail”.

That’s all I’m willing to say.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:43 pm

eddie wrote:I didn’t mention Jews and I’m not about to put up any argument. If you can’t see that there’s a power above the “power” that we think is in charge...well, I cannot help you.
And I’m not about to try to convince you. I can guarantee that.

Just try doing an online “paper-trail”.

That’s all I’m willing to say.

I never said you claimed Jews

I am simple pointing out, you are not one of the first to come out with such crack pot conspiracies.

So again, I ask, who are these people and how are they running the world?

Its all well and good making a claim, but without any facts, names and how you believe this is happenning.

Then I find that very much baseless

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:09 am

"Crack pot conspiracies"?? Adjectives are not arguments.

If you disagree, make your argument. But crack pot conspiracies? Jeese, lame...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:26 am

Original Quill wrote:"Crack pot conspiracies"??  Adjectives are not arguments.

If you disagree, make your argument.  But crack pot conspiracies?  Jeese, lame...

Well something without evidence, is simple something  based on faith and not facts

Hence crack pot, when its based on  a fear that develops in humans to things they cannot explain.

This happens many times and how religions have formed

I place my faith in humans, based on the good that many can do. Its something that I can see with my own eyes

I asked for simple evidence

Who cares what you think is lame, why not offer up something instead of jumping in like a dick, thinking you know what is best. You do not and generally offer up piss poor arguments

Its a poor defense for Eddies claims

We know the world is at odds, through certain nations and there is unity in places where others there is not between countries.

So how is a small select group of people controlling the world?

Eddie made the claim and she has to make her case.

Claiming something is obvious, when there is no evidence it is obvious. Means she is buying into a conspiracy.

I mean in the US there is a number that believe the world is being controlled by Lizard people

One word to that

Cuckoo

I have seen the power and control argument, claimed against Jews. To the extent millions were murdered. That conspiracy still exists today.

When will people stop falling prey to fear, that is generated by false claims

Conspiracies that turn out to be true are based on facts and evidence

She offers no facts or evidence. Its based on her own fears

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:14 pm

I thought lizard people ran the world?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:38 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:I  know my paper  was working this story before I left. I just hope that people realize that officials from all  churches do this. Pedos have a strong tendency to take jobs that put them in close proximity to children, and the religious  aspect makes them seem like they can do no wrong to many people, particularly in America.

I think the problem is that the catholic church seemed to go great lengths to cover this stuff up. Not only did they not report problem priests, but they reassigned them where they offended again.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Would they do it if they were Married ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Thor wrote:
Original Quill wrote:"Crack pot conspiracies"??  Adjectives are not arguments.

If you disagree, make your argument.  But crack pot conspiracies?  Jeese, lame...

Well something without evidence, is simple something  based on faith and not facts

Hence crack pot, when its based on  a fear that develops in humans to things they cannot explain.

This happens many times and how religions have formed

I place my faith in humans, based on the good that many can do. Its something that I can see with my own eyes

I asked for simple evidence

Who cares what you think is lame, why not offer up something instead of jumping in like a dick, thinking you know what is best. You do not and generally offer up piss poor arguments

Its a poor defense for Eddies claims

We know the world is at odds, through certain nations and there is unity in places where others there is not between countries.

So how is a small select group of people controlling the world?

Eddie made the claim and she has to make her case.

Claiming something is obvious, when there is no evidence it is obvious. Means she is buying into a conspiracy.

I mean in the US there is a number that believe the world is being controlled by Lizard people

One word to that

Cuckoo

I have seen the power and control argument, claimed against Jews. To the extent millions were murdered. That conspiracy still exists today.

When will people stop falling prey to fear, that is generated by false claims

Conspiracies that turn out to be true are based on facts and evidence

She offers no facts or evidence. Its based on her own fears

Ahhh...so you are not accusing eds of "crack pot conspiracies".  The only thing she has said is that "money and power" have a lot to do with politics.  There are a lot of facts to support that.

Alas, you were the one who raised the idea of "conspiracies".  What did you have in mind?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:41 pm

They were accused by whom? It's wrong to publish their names unless there's evidence to back it up.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:17 pm

I'll ask again, Pedo Priests, would they do it if they were Married ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:27 pm

Maddog wrote:I thought lizard people ran the world?

lol

Indeed around 12 million American believe Lizard people run your country

Quite amusing I have to say

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:They were accused by whom? It's wrong to publish their names unless there's evidence to back it up.

But not illegal in the US. The alt.right do it all the time. Under New York Times v. Sullivan, as long as a publisher is absent malice he/she is free to go at public personalities.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:38 am

nicko wrote:Would they do it if they were Married ?

Probably, lots of paedophiles are married.
Many men who are attracted sexually to children seek out places, jobs, careers where they are easilly in contact with them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:44 am

pirat

The rates of abuse by clergy in most other churches are just as high as in the Catholic church (maybe running as high as 5%..) --  reportedly even higher in some evangelical/pentecostal/charismatic and fringe sects...

Nullifying celibacy alone as an excuse...

It is a thoughtless and ridiculous argument, anyway, to try and blame paedophilia on celibacy --  if celibacy alone were to cause someone breaking their vows, then that person should be carrying on with another adult --  not a child.

Syl and Maddog have both made relevant points here :
*  serial Pedo's will often seek out positions giving them easier access to children --  e.g. clergy, coaching, scout leaders, YMCA, teachers, even police and social work jobs;
*  the Catholic church has had a bad record of not reporting, covering up, and transferring offenders (as has the Church of England, the Salvation Army, and some evangelical/"born again" groups..).

The Catholic church has just over 60% of the world's Christians, and clergy, so it stamds to reason that it also has the largest numbers of offenders..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:59 pm

Back to top Go down