NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well this sounds familiar.

+2
'Wolfie
Maddog
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Well this sounds familiar.   Empty Well this sounds familiar.

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:18 am

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/native-american-claims-racial-harassment-by-emu-students-dressed-as-indians

An Ypsilanti man says he was trying to teach a few students dressed in American Indian theme party about respecting Native Americans.

Not long afterward, Nathan Phillips said that an interaction with party-goers and students turned ugly.

Nathan Phillips says he was out for a noon walk on a Saturday in mid-April.
He walked by a home where he saw Eastern Michigan University students dressed as Native Americans.

"They had little feathers on, I was just going to walk by," Phillips said. "A group of them said 'Come on over, come here.'"

He says he walked over to the fence and saw roughly 30 to 40 students involved in a theme party.

"They had their face painted," Phillips said. "I said what the heck is going on here. 'Oh we are honoring you.' I said no you are not honoring me."

It was a statement he says they took offense to.

"Then started whooping and hollering," he said. "I said that wasn't honoring, that was racist. Then at that time, it really got ugly."

Phillips says he was bombarded with racial slurs.

"(They said) 'Go back to the reservation, you blank indian,'" he said.

One student, he says, threw a beer can at him.

"If I would have stayed where I was at, it would have hit me in the head," he said. "I backed up and it hit me in the chest."

He had seen enough at that point and says he called the police.

"By the time police got there, it was like there was no party

there at all," he said.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Well this sounds familiar.   Empty Re: Well this sounds familiar.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 am

It does sound familiar this subconscious racial bias against Native Ameican Indians. Where this discrimination/prejudice and hate against native Indians is generally ignored or not believed.

https://www.npr.org/documents/2017/nov/NPR-discrimination-native-americans-final.pdf?t=1548237605327

Poll finds more than one-third of Native Americans report slurs, violence, harassment, and being discriminated against in the workplace

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/poll-native-americans-discrimination/

Racism against Native Americans persists

https://www.hcn.org/issues/49.17/opinion-racism-against-native-americans-persists

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:38 pm

It sounds like someone is a race baiter in the form of Jesse Jackson  or Al Sharpton.  

In both cases Phillip's sought out students to harass for feigned racism.  He's a shyster.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Maddog wrote:It sounds like someone is a race baiter in the form of Jesse Jackson  or Al Sharpton.  

In both cases Phillip's sought out students to harass for feigned racism.  He's a shyster.

So again you have immediately assumed he is lying

You then fasley claimed he set out to harras, students mocking native indians

It seems your moral compass has become completely broken

Not based off anything other than again a subconscious racial bias

As seen native indians suffer discrimination and hate all the time

Like I say, people of your ignorance is what is spiralling the US into a future civil war

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:51 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:It sounds like someone is a race baiter in the form of Jesse Jackson  or Al Sharpton.  

Like I say, people of your ignorance is what is spiralling the US into a future civil way
Yes he's lying. The police got there and nothing happened.  I mean I believe he may have saw a few students and took it upon himself to be obnoxious to them while they were minding their own business, but nothing if consequence happened.  

I also know that terrible injustices have happened to black people in out country and Al Sharpton is also a liar at the same time.  

There is an industry of minorities here that will use their ethnicity to capitalize on guilt.  Happens all the time. It's why Sharpton and Jackson  are very wealthy "reverends". 

I know the history of the Native American here and the injustices they suffered and in some part still do suffer. I also know a bullshitter  when I see one.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

Like I say, people of your ignorance is what is spiralling the US into a future civil way
Yes he's lying. The police got there and nothing happened.  I mean I believe he may have saw a few students and took it upon himself to be obnoxious to them while they were minding their own business, but nothing if consequence happened.  

I also know that terrible injustices have happened to black people in out country and Al Sharpton is also a liar at the same time.  

There is an industry of minorities here that will use their ethnicity to capitalize on guilt.  Happens all the time. It's why Sharpton and Jackson  are very wealthy "reverends". 

I know the history of the Native American here and the injustices they suffered and in some part still do suffer. I also know a bullshitter  when I see one.

So because when the Police got there, they had gone. That to you means the person is lying

That you can tell a bullshitter

wow

Even though you have zero ability of reading body language of psychology

I wonder how many Native Indian victims of abuse have found also such claims made against them, by people like yourself

So you have no evidence for your claim and again a clear subconscious racial bias

You know fuck all about the history and that is evident in your distain for this American Indian

Your true colous are really shinning through

This is what sickins me about how American is slipping back into the past of hate. Its the far right that has driven people further left, with them pushing people to the right and its spiralling out of control. All because some goons in the south have never gotten over the fact they lost the civil war.

Its time you realise that constantly native Americans suffer prejudice, hate and discrimination, but your immediate asumption is clear

They are lying to you

I think this sums it up well

Well this sounds familiar.   Covington-1548186108

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:18 pm

Let me summerize this for you. I have no issues or bias against Native Americans. I do against liars. Nathan Phillips is liar in my opinion.  He's not helping anyone.  He's looking for attention.  

I'm assuming you're a white Brit. I think you're acting like a damn fool over this incident. However, your actions do not lead me to think all white Brits are damn fools.  See how I can separate the actions of an individual from his ethnicity.  

Remember the thread about Shaun King? Go review it.  Nathan is another Shaun King, but because you have a romantic notion about Anerican Indians you can't see it? 
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:26 pm

Maddog wrote:Let me summerize this for you. I have no issues or bias against Native Americans. I do against liars. Nathan Phillips is liar in my opinion.  He's not helping anyone.  He's looking for attention.  

I'm assuming you're a white Brit. I think you're acting like a damn fool over this incident. However, your actions do not lead me to think all white Brits are damn fools.  See how I can separate the actions of an individual from his ethnicity.  

Remember the thread about Shaun King? Go review it.  Nathan is another Shaun King, but because you have a romantic notion about Anerican Indians you can't see it? 

1) You just proved throughout the last couple of days that you do. Claiming that banging a drum, is some how antagonistic, failing to understand its simple a traditional song of peace. You ignore the fact that countless people mocked him and your only defense was the smirking boy. You failed to understand the plight of the indigeneous and went from being rational to a conspiracy easily conservative media led sheep

2) Iam white British, ethnically Maltese/Sicillian/Irish. Of course you think me a fool, as that is far easier to do, that actually take on my reasoned points. But you never seperated out the actions on the day of the incident. All you did was ignore the mockery and laughter at Phillips. Proving that you are incapable of doing that. Instead you sought to demonize nathan, for simple trying to defuse what was a tense situation to him

3) Well there is clear evidence of his race baiting. You though here you have invented on Phillips, simple because the conservative media has been so easily able to manipulate your mind. It shows that I easily do recognize race baiting and also speak out on this. Hence it shows I can eaily tell when someone does or does not. You sadly have a tunnel vision minset. Like i said, only a subconscious racial bias, fueled by Far right wing media outlets have helped turned your orginal rational views, to one of sheer ranking distain

On the contrary, wrote Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo, watching every available video “doesn’t greatly change the substance of what you see on the video, which is a middle aged Native American activist/elder beating a ceremonial drum in the face of what appears to be a bemused and cocky teenager while his classmates surrounding them, mostly wearing Maga caps, jeer and taunt the man with chopping motions.”

Maga: Make America Great Again. The northern Kentucky county where Covington Catholic is located voted for Trump by a 26-point margin. It is also in the heart of a region on the radar of the Southern Poverty Law Center for its proliferation of hate groups, including white supremacist and radical Christian identity groups.

After originally censuring the students and vowing consequences, Covington has in recent days deployed media surrogates to defend itself, to argue that the students were not at fault, and their actions on video had been misunderstood.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/23/controversy-students-mock-native-american-strikes-national-chord

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:31 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:Let me summerize this for you. I have no issues or bias against Native Americans. I do against liars. Nathan Phillips is liar in my opinion.  He's not helping anyone.  He's looking for attention.  

1) You just proved throughout the last couple of days that you do. Claiming that banging a drum, is some how antagonistic, failing to understand its simple a traditional song of peace. You ignore the fact that countless people mocked him and your only defense was the smirking boy. You failed to understand the plight of the indigeneous and went from being rational to a conspiracy easily conservative media led sheep

2) Iam white British, ethnically Maltese/Sicillian/Irish. Of course you think me a fool, as that is far easier to do, that actually take on my reasoned points. But you never seperated out the actions on the day of the incident. All you did was ignore the mockery and laughter at Phillips. Proving that you are incapable of doing that. Instead you sought to demonize nathan, for simple trying to defuse what was a tense situation to him

3) Well there is clear evidence of his race baiting. You though here you have invented on Phillips, simple because the conservative media has been so easily able to manipulate your mind. It shows that I easily do recognize race baiting and also speak out on this. Hence it shows I can eaily tell when someone does or does not. You sadly have a tunnel vision minset. Like i said, only a subconscious racial bias, fueled by Far right wing media outlets have helped turned your orginal rational views, to one of sheer ranking distain

On the contrary, wrote Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo, watching every available video “doesn’t greatly change the substance of what you see on the video, which is a middle aged Native American activist/elder beating a ceremonial drum in the face of what appears to be a bemused and cocky teenager while his classmates surrounding them, mostly wearing Maga caps, jeer and taunt the man with chopping motions.”

Maga: Make America Great Again. The northern Kentucky county where Covington Catholic is located voted for Trump by a 26-point margin. It is also in the heart of a region on the radar of the Southern Poverty Law Center for its proliferation of hate groups, including white supremacist and radical Christian identity groups.

After originally censuring the students and vowing consequences, Covington has in recent days deployed media surrogates to defend itself, to argue that the students were not at fault, and their actions on video had been misunderstood.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/23/controversy-students-mock-native-american-strikes-national-chord

Oh and i will add, when I showed video evidence of these boys being hateful

You made excuses with their age to this

So you will excuse me if I rightly point out your irrationality here

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:47 pm

How long have you been racist towards black people?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:54 pm

Maddog wrote:How long have you been racist towards black people?

I never have, maybe you can show where I have?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:39 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:How long have you been racist towards black people?

It based on your feelings towards Shaun King.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:42 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

Who is mixed ethnically?

Meaning both white and black

So unsure how you unpack that to claim I am racist against blacks?

Maybe you can explain the following thread where i defend against such racist concepts around intelligence?

That is me defending against racism against blacks

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t25998-dna-pioneer-stripped-of-honors-over-reprehensible-race-comments

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:52 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Who is mixed ethnically?

Maybe you can explain the following thread where i defend against such racist concepts around intelligence?

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t25998-dna-pioneer-stripped-of-honors-over-reprehensible-race-comments
Shaun King is black. Discounting his blackness because he mixed is racist, but I'll let that slide.  

The more important fact is you called me racist for basically holding Phillip's in the same light that the both of us hold King.  

Our positions on King dont make us racist (in our opinions, Kings followers wouldn't agree) any more than my opinion about Phillips makes me racist.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

Who is mixed ethnically?

Shaun King is black. Discounting his blackness because he mixed is racist, but I'll let that slide.  

The more important fact is you called me racist for basically holding Phillip's in the same light that the both of us hold King.  

Our positions on King dont make us racist (in our opinions, Kings followers wouldn't agree) any more than my opinion about Phillips makes me racist.

He is mixed race, more white than black. His mother is white and his biological father is mixed race

He calls himself black, which is up to him, he is still mixed ethnically

So you would have to unpack how that is being racist towards blacks based off someone mixed ethnically

You have not, and are simple pissed at me, easily showing up flaws in your views

Again I never called you racist, only that you had a subconscious racial/racist bias against native Indians

So even the premise of your hurt feelings here, is based on your own misunderstanding or failure to understand the English language

There is countless evidence against Shaun, your views, on Phillips are based on feelings not evidence

See the difference?

Now, if you dont like the psychological understanding I am giving to you, based on things you said, demeaning for example the traditional song and culture of native Indians. Showing up this subconscious racial/racist bias that you have. Then go and have a good sulk and whilst there think long about this, to understand why.

If I thought you were racist, I would say so. I dont think you are and never have

So stop having the hump and grow up

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:28 am

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

Who is mixed ethnically?

Rolling Eyes

Yo,  Maddog...

You do realise that your wide-ranging and yet still-restricted use of the the term "black" is a uniquely  North_American-centric problem,  amd doesn't resonate well with many outside of the USA -- a lot of Europeans and Aussies simply wouldn't recognise the Shaun Kings of this world as "blacks"...

Ben covered the issue with a Wiki' link in that Shaun King thread that Thor mentions..

By your standards, I would be referred to as "black" in your part of the world --  despite my being mainly Caucasian, and over 90% of people on here would agree that I'm not "black" (one of my great-granddaddies was, though..) if they saw me in real life.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:38 am

Surprised
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Yo,  Maddog...

You do realise that your wide-ranging and yet still-restricted use of the the term "black" is a uniquely  North_American-centric problem,  amd doesn't resonate well with many outside of the USA --  a lot of Europeans and Aussies simply wouldn't recognise the Shaun Kings of this world as "blacks"...

Ben covered the issue with a Wiki' link in that Shaun King thread that Thor mentions..

By your standards, I would be referred to as "black" in your part of the world --  despite my being mainly Caucasian, and over 90% of people on here would agree that I'm not "black" (one of my great-granddaddies was, though..) if they saw me in real life.
That's why I said I would let it slide. Black here basically is down to the individual. Same as Native American. Everyone is mixed a little with someone.  By out standards, you would be whatever race you claimed to be.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:56 am

And now this. Who were they rescuing in this drum beating event? 

Washington D.C., Jan 22, 2019 / 03:58 pm (CNA).- While demonstrators chanted and played ceremonial drums, protesters at a rally led by Nathan Phillips attempted Jan. 19 to enter Washington, DC’s Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception during a Saturday evening Mass.
The group of demonstrators was stopped by shrine security as it tried to enter the church during a Saturday evening Vigil Mass, according to a shrine security guard on duty during the Mass.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/nathan-phillips-rally-attempted-to-disrupt-mass-at-dcs-national-shrine-91038
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:45 am

Who do you mean by they?

This was clearly a demostration against the Catholic Church

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6623369/Native-American-man-led-60-protesters-steps-National-Shrine-day-viral-clash.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 am

Maddog wrote:Surprised
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Yo,  Maddog...

You do realise that your wide-ranging and yet still-restricted use of the the term "black" is a uniquely  North_American-centric problem,  amd doesn't resonate well with many outside of the USA --  a lot of Europeans and Aussies simply wouldn't recognise the Shaun Kings of this world as "blacks"...

That's why I said I would let it slide. Black here basically is down to the individual. Same as Native American. Everyone is mixed a little with someone.  By out standards, you would be whatever race you claimed to be.

You let it slide?

lol

How nice of you, when nobody is really black or white. People are simple taught to call themselves this

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Thor wrote:Who do you mean by they?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6623369/Native-American-man-led-60-protesters-steps-National-Shrine-day-viral-clash.html

They would be the protesters.

What did that Catholic Church do to them?

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:17 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:Who do you mean by they?

They, as in specifically what group?

I dont know personally why they did, but can think of countless reasons for myself as to why I could protest the Catholic Chruch itself as an institution. Based on the many wrongs they have done and still continue to do today

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I dont know personally why, but can think of countless reasons for myself as to why I would protest the Catholic Chruch itself as an institution. Based on the many wrongs they have done and still continue to do today

The group of native Americans that had been protesting at the Lincoln memorial.

I support their right to protest. I don't support them entering personal space or buildings. Their problem is, they don't get enough attention and act like asses to get it.

Same as Phillips did at Eastern Michigan, at the Lincoln Memorial to a bunch of kids and later the next day at a Catholic Church.

Last edited by Maddog on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:27 pm

But to give credit where credit is due, Phillips is at least now picking on adults.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

I dont know personally why, but can think of countless reasons for myself as to why I would protest the Catholic Chruch itself as an institution. Based on the many wrongs they have done and still continue to do today

I support their right to protest. I don't support them entering personal space or buildings. Their problem is, they don't get enough attention and act like asses to get it.

Same as Phillips did at Eastern Michigan, at the Lincoln Memorial to a bunch of kids and later that day at a Catholic Church.

So Native Indians then

Glad you clarified that for me

As far as I am aware they did not enter or had any intention to do so  and I thought they were open to all the public being accessable to all, when open?

So what you are saying is the Catholic Church excluded them from entering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Same as Phillips did at Eastern Michigan, at the Lincoln Memorial to a bunch of kids and later that day at a Catholic Church.

So Native Indians then

As far as I am aware they did not enter or had any intention to do so  and I thought they were open to all the public being accessable to all, when open?

Oh and the Lincoln Memorial is also open to everyone, its not a personal space.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:47 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So Native Indians then

They were trying to enter during a service and disrupt it. They were stopped by security.

And people still have personal space in a public setting.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:52 pm

https://www.thespruce.com/etiquette-rules-of-defining-personal-space-1216625

For anyone too socially awkward to know what personal space is.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:54 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

So Native Indians then

They were trying to enter during a service and disrupt it.  They were stopped by security.

You are guilt of doing what you claimed of me

Read the daily Mail article. They never tried to enter the church and no video shows them attemtping to do so

No such law on personal space. 

They sang outside and protested, which they have every right to do, whether you disagree or afree with their reasons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:55 pm

Maddog wrote:https://www.thespruce.com/etiquette-rules-of-defining-personal-space-1216625

Well why are you not applying the same moral etiqutte to the kids that surrounded him and the few other native Indians with him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:58 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

They were trying to enter during a service and disrupt it.  They were stopped by security.

You are guilt of doing what you claimed of me

Read the daily Mail article. They never tried to enter the church and no video shows them attemtping to do so

No such law on personal space. 

They sang outside and protested, which they have every right to do, whether you disagree or afree with their reasons

Which i will add yet again, this is you not believing 60 Native Indians now, not just one. In regards to your claim they were trying to enter.

You are instead believing an institution, that has constantly covered up thousands upon thousands of peadophile priests and is still doing so today.

Very odd that indeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:03 pm

I would also add, i am sure the security Guard may have wrongly construed and believed they would enter the church.

That does not mean they tried to or even intended to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:09 pm

Thor wrote:Your true colous are really shinning through

This is what sickins me about how American is slipping back into the past of hate. Its the far right that has driven people further left, with them pushing people to the right and its spiralling out of control. All because some goons in the south have never gotten over the fact they lost the civil war.

Its time you realise that constantly native Americans suffer prejudice, hate and discrimination, but your immediate asumption is clear

They are lying to you

I think this sums it up well

Well this sounds familiar.   Covington-1548186108

+10

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:53 pm

I thought Phillips didn't like being called a protester. If so, he should probably stop protesting.

So Phillips doesn't like the Catholic Church. Could that have influenced him during the encounter with the boys, and caused him to come out with so much bullshit?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I thought Phillips didn't like being called a protester. If so, he should probably stop protesting.

I think his point was well taken.  He wasn't protesting, but demonstrating his reverence for lost soldiers.

We—the ordinary people—do that in our every-day Independence Day parades .  Should we stop saluting?  (And what am I asking a damn Brit for...you were the enemy!!)  Evil or Very Mad

Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I thought Phillips didn't like being called a protester. If so, he should probably stop protesting.

I think his point was well taken.  He wasn't protesting, but demonstrating his reverence for lost soldiers.

We—the ordinary people—do that in our every-day Independence Day parades .  Should we stop saluting?  (And what am I asking a damn Brit for...you were the enemy!!)  Evil or Very Mad

Laughing

I thought he was protesting outside a Catholic church. Do keep up.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Laughing

No, he was demonstrating outside the Lincoln Memorial.  Cool

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You really haven't read this thread have you? The latest is that he and his mates protested outside a Catholic church the next day.

The man keeps bleating on about how people should respect him, and be "sensitive" to the culture of indigenous people, and there he is rabble rousing outside a church. He has no respect for anyone, so why should anyone respect him and his mates?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You really haven't read this thread have you? The latest is that he and his mates protested outside a Catholic church the next day.

The man keeps bleating on about how people should respect him, and be "sensitive" to the culture of indigenous people, and there he is rabble rousing outside a church. He has no respect for anyone, so why should anyone respect him and his mates?

It doesn't matter, Raggs.  I was commenting specifically on a generality he made...and could have made anytime: he doesn't like the term "protester".

Phillips didn't like being called a protester

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It doesn't matter, Raggs.  I was commenting specifically on a generality he made...and could have made anytime: he doesn't like the term "protesting".

It does matter when you keep on displaying such ignorance re the subject matter.

If he doesn't like to be called a protester, he should stop protesting - as I already said.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It doesn't matter, Raggs.  I was commenting specifically on a generality he made...and could have made anytime: he doesn't like the term "protesting".

It does matter when you keep on displaying such ignorance re the subject matter.

If he doesn't like to be called a protester, he should stop protesting - as I already said.

And as I said: He is more correctly described as a 'demonstrator'.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I would call him a rabble rouser, and an ignorant bigot.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:46 pm

Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/archive/american-indian-veterans-honored-annually-at-arlington-national-cemetery-tMOxOLqrJU6Ux9hZvXAzYQ/

Problem with this is he never left the US. He spent 4 years in the reserve, never left the US, spent a great deal of time AWOL and was discharged as a private, the same rank as he entered. He wasn't even honorably discharged.

He's a liar, a fraud and shit stirrer looking for attention.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:48 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:https://www.thespruce.com/etiquette-rules-of-defining-personal-space-1216625

Well why are you not applying the same moral etiqutte to the kids that surrounded him and the few other native Indians with him?

Because they never moved into anyone else personal space. They stood in place while others came to them.

Capice?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You say po-tae-to...I say po-tah-to.  In any case, we both agree that he is not really protesting anything...he is demonstrating a point.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 pm

Thor wrote:I would also add, i am sure the security Guard may have wrongly construed and believed they would enter the church.

That does not mean they tried to or even intended to do so.

Sure............................................

You will defend this clown regardless of what he does.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:56 pm

Maddog wrote:Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/archive/american-indian-veterans-honored-annually-at-arlington-national-cemetery-tMOxOLqrJU6Ux9hZvXAzYQ/

Problem with this is he never left the US. He spent 4 years in the reserve, never left the US, spent a great deal of time AWOL and was discharged as a private, the same rank as he entered. He wasn't even honorably discharged.

He's a liar, a fraud and shit stirrer looking for attention.

I'll be fair to him and say that I'd like someone to ask him about his military career in an interview so that he can put the record straight. I don't know he mentioned Vietnam at all. Is it usual for people do so when they weren't there, even if they were in the armed forces at the time?

Whatever the truth about that, he has certainly not presented himself as a man of peace or an honerable man. He's virtually hounded that boy, and he took part in a very disrespectful scene outside a place of worship.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Maddog wrote:Phillips also described coming back to the U.S.

I don't think you can substantiate that. You are confusing his championing the cause of Vietnam vets, with a claim he was a Vietnam vet. Two different matters.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You say po-tae-to...I say po-tah-to.  In any case, we both agree that he is not really protesting anything...he is demonstrating a point.

No, he was protesting against the Catholic Church, as well as protesting about the Catholic school. By the way, he doesn't mind calling other people protesters.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Phillips also described coming back to the U.S.

I don't think you can substantiate that.  You are confusing his championing the cause of Vietnam vets, with a claim he was a Vietnam vet.  Two different matters.

He said he's a "Vietnam-times Veteran". It's a very strange expression. Why mention Vietnam at all?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next