NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump, Palin, Ocasio-Cortez Face Off In Lowest-Scoring 'Celebrity Jeopardy!'

4 posters

Go down

Trump, Palin, Ocasio-Cortez Face Off In Lowest-Scoring 'Celebrity Jeopardy!'  Empty Trump, Palin, Ocasio-Cortez Face Off In Lowest-Scoring 'Celebrity Jeopardy!'

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:11 am

U.S.—On a special Celebrity Jeopardy! event aired Wednesday night, Failing Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin broke all records for the lowest-scoring Jeopardy! game in history.

All three contestants quickly plummeted into the negative scores, each of them staying neck and neck for the lowest score throughout the game.

"This country lies south of Canada and north of Mexico," Trebek said calmly as Palin picked "Basic Geography" for $200 to kick off the game.

The contestants furrowed their brows as time counted down before Ocasio-Cortez finally buzzed in. "Um, the electoral college? Steamboats? No, wait---Canada!" she said hesitantly.

A baffled Trebek shook his head. "No, I'm sorry---"

"Oh, sorry! Where is Canada?" Ocasio-Cortez interrupted.

At this, Palin buzzed in. "It's in the Antarctic. Very cold!"

"Wrong!" Trump chimed in loudly before Trebek could stop the exchange. "So wrong! I am an expert in basic geology. I know lots of powerful people in basic geology. The correct answer is the Rocky Mountains---sorry, Who is the Rocky Mountains? Great song by Jim Denver. I'll take Basic Geology again for $400."

Palin then attempted to sing a few bars of "Rocky Mountain High" but was clearly confusing the song with "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus.

At one point, Trump attempted to bet $5.7 billion on a Daily Double question in order to make enough money to fund his wall but was informed by Trebek that since his current total was only $-9,600, he wouldn't be able to wager that much.

These hijinks continued for the length of the episode before all three were disqualified ahead of Final Jeopardy for being tens of thousands of dollars in the red.

After the episode aired, Republicans quickly praised Trump's brilliant strategy, while Democrats blamed Ocasio-Cortez's poor performance on systemic misogyny. Sarah Palin was offered a reality show covering her experiences.

https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-palin-ocasio-cortez-face-off-in-lowest-scoring-celebrity-jeopardy-episode-in-history?fbclid=IwAR1KUPtj5HWX2QaY4YgLgRxWxIL8jrVJ_Lt9GagXylT9aqSZNFNT4MPNMoM
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Trump, Palin, Ocasio-Cortez Face Off In Lowest-Scoring 'Celebrity Jeopardy!'  Empty Re: Trump, Palin, Ocasio-Cortez Face Off In Lowest-Scoring 'Celebrity Jeopardy!'

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:07 am

So what I take from this is that Ocasio-Cortez is rapidly approaching being demonized a la...

"Pelosi, Hillary, Obama, Reed, Gore..."

The list of people who infuriate the right on the basis of bullshit like this just grows and grows.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trump, Palin, Ocasio-Cortez Face Off In Lowest-Scoring 'Celebrity Jeopardy!'  Empty Re: Trump, Palin, Ocasio-Cortez Face Off In Lowest-Scoring 'Celebrity Jeopardy!'

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:09 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:So what I take from this is that Ocasio-Cortez is rapidly approaching being demonized a la...

The list of people who infuriate the right on the basis of bullshit like this just grows and grows.

Nope. She's as ignorant as Trump and Palin. I thought that was sort of self explanatory.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:11 am

Maddog wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:So what I take from this is that Ocasio-Cortez is rapidly approaching being demonized a la...

Nope. She's as ignorant as Trump and Palin. I thought that was sort of self explanatory.

I don't agree. I think she could do great things.

Does that make me ignorant?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:12 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No, her comments make her ignorant. Same as Palin's and Trump's. Many people think they are capable of great things. I'm skeptical.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:17 am

Maddog wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No, her comments make her ignorant. Same as Palin's and Trump's. Many people think they are capable of great things. I'm skeptical.    

If we don't try something new, are we not eternally fucked?

(bt dubs, if I ever achieve greatness I want that quote on my tombstone)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 am

Actually don't worry about whether I achieve greatness. Put it on there.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:20 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Maddog wrote:

If we don't try something new, are we not eternally fucked?

(bt dubs, if I ever achieve greatness I want that quote on my tombstone)

If we do stuff that hasn't worked, and refuse to do the stuff that has worked, I would say we are fucked.

Besides, I'm cool with you trying new stuff. Just don't force others into doing new stuff.

My gravestone can say "leave people the fuck alone". tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 am

The different between Trump/Palin and AOC is that Trump and Palin's idiotic statements can be print ad verbum and show up how idiotic they both are.

RW pundits have to explain (read - 'misconstrue') AOC's words to show 'why' she is idiotic.

Verdict: AOC is incomparable to Trump and Palin. Those two are in a lower league of their own.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Eilzel wrote:The different between Trump/Palin and AOC is that Trump and Palin's idiotic statements can be print ad verbum and show up how idiotic they both are.

RW pundits have to explain (read - 'misconstrue') AOC's words to show 'why' she is idiotic.

Verdict: AOC is incomparable to Trump and Palin. Those two are in a lower league of their own.
Sorry, AOC  has been fact checked by people on the left too.  

The verdict here is that people have a hard time accepting that someone  on their "team" isn't too bright.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:28 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/01/08/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-shouldnt-approach-her-facts-way-trump-does/?utm_term=.cbec6be37c0d

From the Washington post.  Hardly a right wing paper. And they too make the comparisons to Trump and Palin.  

People have become so biased that they can't wrap their head around people with very different ideas, all being wrong at the same time.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:42 pm

In some ways, Ocasio-Cortez reminds me of Sarah Palin, a comparison neither woman will appreciate. Palin was another talented young communicator who made a big splash in national politics before having her lack of knowledge painfully exposed. Instead of studying up, Palin gave up any pretense of seriousness and has now disappeared from the debate. This is a cautionary tale for Ocasio-Cortez. She is a politician of immense gifts who can have an outsize impact — but only if she masters the intricacies of policy and curbs her fatal attraction to political celebrity and vacuous soundbites. Trump has gone dismayingly far with his reliance on “alternative facts,” but it’s not a formula that his opponents should emulate.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Maddog wrote:In some ways, Ocasio-Cortez reminds me of Sarah Palin, a comparison neither woman will appreciate. Palin was another talented young communicator who made a big splash in national politics before having her lack of knowledge painfully exposed. Instead of studying up, Palin gave up any pretense of seriousness and has now disappeared from the debate. This is a cautionary tale for Ocasio-Cortez. She is a politician of immense gifts who can have an outsize impact — but only if she masters the intricacies of policy and curbs her fatal attraction to political celebrity and vacuous soundbites. Trump has gone dismayingly far with his reliance on “alternative facts,” but it’s not a formula that his opponents should emulate.

Maddog wrote:My gravestone can say "leave people the fuck alone".

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:In some ways, Ocasio-Cortez reminds me of Sarah Palin, a comparison neither woman will appreciate. Palin was another talented young communicator who made a big splash in national politics before having her lack of knowledge painfully exposed. Instead of studying up, Palin gave up any pretense of seriousness and has now disappeared from the debate. This is a cautionary tale for Ocasio-Cortez. She is a politician of immense gifts who can have an outsize impact — but only if she masters the intricacies of policy and curbs her fatal attraction to political celebrity and vacuous soundbites. Trump has gone dismayingly far with his reliance on “alternative facts,” but it’s not a formula that his opponents should emulate.

Maddog wrote:My gravestone can say "leave people the fuck alone".

I'm not doing anything but posting what the Washington Post was saying. afro

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down