NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social media gets behind nurse as she reveals her salary by sharing payslip on Twitter to refute claims workers are 'earning more than £50,000-a-year' ahead of impending union strike

+3
Raggamuffin
nicko
HoratioTarr
7 posters

Go down

Social media gets behind nurse as she reveals her salary by sharing payslip on Twitter to refute claims workers are 'earning more than £50,000-a-year' ahead of impending union strike Empty Social media gets behind nurse as she reveals her salary by sharing payslip on Twitter to refute claims workers are 'earning more than £50,000-a-year' ahead of impending union strike

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:12 am

Joanna Hickey shared what a nurse 'near the top of the scale' makes in two weeks
Her tweet comes after 37,000 Irish nurses revealed plans to strike on January 30
The planned strike had been dubbed 'disappointing' by Irish PM Leo Varankar
However, Joanna outlined the duties she performs and the pay she gets for them
She also hit back at some reports claiming nurses earn €57,000 (£50,869) a year

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6585007/Social-media-gets-nurse-reveals-salary-sharing-payslip-Twitter.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Social media gets behind nurse as she reveals her salary by sharing payslip on Twitter to refute claims workers are 'earning more than £50,000-a-year' ahead of impending union strike Empty Re: Social media gets behind nurse as she reveals her salary by sharing payslip on Twitter to refute claims workers are 'earning more than £50,000-a-year' ahead of impending union strike

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:16 am

She's on nearly £37K FFS. Most people would love to earn that much.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Social media gets behind nurse as she reveals her salary by sharing payslip on Twitter to refute claims workers are 'earning more than £50,000-a-year' ahead of impending union strike Empty Re: Social media gets behind nurse as she reveals her salary by sharing payslip on Twitter to refute claims workers are 'earning more than £50,000-a-year' ahead of impending union strike

Post by nicko Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:48 am

Discounting Student Nurses, most are fairly well paid, ]Starting around £23.000 a year in first year. Sisters around £28.000 .When we come to Staff Nurses, pay shoots up £32.000 and more. I'v spent a lot of time in Hospitals and believe me NOT all Nurses are Angels ! I could prove it, but I'm too tired to carry on !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:01 am

Don't they know the rates of pay before they go into nursing? I knew what pay I would get when I accepted my job, so there's no use in complaining now. Laughing

Obviously, they are skilled people and that should be reflected in their pay, but they're also supposed to be in the job because they love it and want to look after people.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:35 am

HoratioTarr wrote:She's on nearly £37K FFS.   Most people would love to earn that much.

In Texas, an average nurse's salary would translate to £56K. And Texas nurses don't pay as much in taxes, either.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:37 am

... and it just dawned on me why I've seen so many nurses in Texas hospitals who come from the Ireland and the UK Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:22 pm

It works out about £20 ph, thats if they only work the standard hours and dont stay late working unpaid overtime.

I'm not sure what the average professional job pays, I imagine nursing isn't amongst the top paid.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Syl wrote:It works out about £20 ph, thats if they only work the standard hours and dont stay late working unpaid overtime.

I'm not sure what the average professional job pays, I imagine nursing isn't amongst the top paid.

I get sick to death of people putting doctors and nurses on a pedestal. They earn enough. At least they have a job. And it's a job they choose. Nobody forces them into it. They know the hours. They know the pay. And they can all, without exception, get overtime and can climb the pay ladder. How about the real hero's who risk life and limb and don't get paid for it? What about the millions who struggle on minimum wage?

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:15 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:It works out about £20 ph, thats if they only work the standard hours and dont stay late working unpaid overtime.

I get sick to death of people putting doctors and nurses on a pedestal.   They earn enough.   At least they have a job.   And it's a job they choose.  Nobody forces them into it.  They know the hours.   They know the pay.   And they can all, without exception, get overtime and can climb the pay ladder.    How about the real hero's who risk life and limb and don't get paid for it?  What about the  millions who struggle on minimum wage?  

Yes, I know what you mean. I will say that those on minimum wage are not as skilled as nurses though, even though they might work very hard, and they don't have as much responsibility. They might be able to get a higher-paying job if they trained, or if they wanted something with more responsibility. I see that carer job pay seems to be going up - it's about time carers were recognised as being necessary, and that it can be a difficult job.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I get sick to death of people putting doctors and nurses on a pedestal.   They earn enough.   At least they have a job.   And it's a job they choose.  Nobody forces them into it.  They know the hours.   They know the pay.   And they can all, without exception, get overtime and can climb the pay ladder.    How about the real hero's who risk life and limb and don't get paid for it?  What about the  millions who struggle on minimum wage?  

Yes, I know what you mean. I will say that those on minimum wage are not as skilled as nurses though, even though they might work very hard, and they don't have as much responsibility. They might be able to get a higher-paying job if they trained, or if they wanted something with more responsibility. I see that carer job pay seems to be going up - it's about time carers were recognised as being necessary, and that it can be a difficult job.

That may be the case but that doesn't give a nurse the right to moan about their pay when there are people having to use food banks. They need to be grateful for what they have which is enough to live off.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:37 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That may be the case but that doesn't give a nurse the right to moan about their pay when there are people having to use food banks.  They need to be grateful for what they have  which is enough to live off.  

I agree, on the grounds that they knew the pay before they went into it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:59 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:She's on nearly £37K FFS.   Most people would love to earn that much.

+1 agree and to rectify the imbiclle who gave you a red

As how is that not a good wage?

It is

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:33 pm

Am I missing something, or are there some absolute maths ignoramuses here?
The pay slip shows she earns about 1600 euros/month , which equals about £1450 per month.
After stoppages, she took home 1120 euros, or about £1000. PER MONTH!!!!
Do the maths, how exactly are you working out she is on £37k per year?

Bias against hard working nurses by posters who dont like them?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Andy wrote:Am I missing something, or are there some absolute maths ignoramuses here?
The pay slip shows she earns about 1600 euros/month , which equals about £1450 per month.

I guess it comes down to her lying out of here arse andy

https://www.payscale.com/research/IE/Job=Registered_Nurse_(RN)/Salary/81f6d491/Dublin

I have no doubt she is I guess a junior nurse

I mean going off her payslip which shows no hours worked, proves what exactly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Even more if you want to go off her payslip Andy, she made a massive error

Proving she is on good money

It shows paid leave of what would be 6 hours and she would normally recived £188.17 for this. Which means she is on nearly £20 an hour for her time. They took this paid leave back off her, as clearly she had been over paid. That was the telling part she lied out of her arse

That means based on her hourley rate, she only works an average of 76 hours per month

When most people work double that

That means in an average month she works less than 20 hours a week

Sorry, but she can fuck right off

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:47 pm

Andy wrote:Am I missing something, or are there some absolute maths ignoramuses here?

It's a bit confusing because it says in the article that she earns £1000.24 net every two weeks. It also says she earns £500 per week, although it doesn't say if that is gross or net.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:57 pm

Razz

I agree, Andy...

A couple of jealous, uneducated British snowflakes, looking down their noses at those poor, underpaid, overworked nurses..

Nurses in Oz, Canada (and Texas..) earn around 50% more than their British and Irish counterparts.

Those nurses over there need a better union to support them..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:50 am

Her wage slip is only for two weeks. Read the article, you ignoramus. No fully qualified nurse in the country is only on £17.400 per annum.

The basic salary for a registered nurse (RN) in the UK is £23,000. With bonuses, and other compensation, an RN with less than 20 years of experience may earn up to £34,105 or more. These figures are from a year ago. There's talk of a large pay increase for this year.

There are people in our country having to beg at food banks. Would they bemoan that kind of wage? I doubt that. Also, there aren't many jobs that give you the chance to earn overtime as many companies expect their employees to do overtime for free. Some poor sods are on zero hours.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:52 am

Nobody said we don't like them, you fucking idiot.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:57 am

Among rich countries, Britain is one of the few in which patient consultations with a GP or family doctor are free. Australia, the US, France, Ireland, Sweden – all have varying models of paid-for healthcare under which falling sick will cost you.

In France, upfront payments are reimbursed under health insurance schemes known as mutuelles. In countries such as Japan and Germany, residents are required to take out health insurance to cover them for the full range of medical interventions.

In the US, health insurance is central to the healthcare system, but more than 30 million people remain uninsured. Though the system fosters excellence and innovation in places, the messy combination of underinsurance and overinsurance has left the US with the highest healthcare costs in the developed world and some of the worst overall health outcomes.

Only Spain comes close to the NHS free primary care system, offering universal healthcare to anyone who is resident – legally or illegally – in the country, as well as to tourists and other visitors. Since 2012, undocumented foreigners have been entitled only to emergency care.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jul/02/is-the-nhs-the-worlds-best-healthcare-system
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:08 am

Perhaps the above explains to the forum moron, why nurses in some other countries get paid more.  

So, lets see work this out.   According to Wetwipe Australian Nurses get paid 50 per cent more than UK nurses.  

Registered Nurses (RN) in Australia earn an average salary of $65,000 per year.
Convert that to Sterling and it's £36,458.79. That's not 50 percent more, you shit for brains.

Canadian nurses earn even less at an average wage of $53,000.  That's £31,000 Sterling.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down