NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Choir Singing 'Miserere Mei Deus' In London's Oldest Church Will Give You Chills

Go down

This Choir Singing 'Miserere Mei Deus' In London's Oldest Church Will Give You Chills Empty This Choir Singing 'Miserere Mei Deus' In London's Oldest Church Will Give You Chills

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:21 pm

In 1638, a singer in the Sistine Chapel Choir composed a setting of Psalm 51 to be sung during Holy Week. That singer was Gregorio Allegri, and his setting, now commonly known as Miserere, is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written.

This is the Tenebrae Choir performing that beautiful piece in London's oldest operating church, St Bartholomew the Great. The high notes that begin around one minute in will give you goosebumps.

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/7892/This-Choir-Singing-039-Miserere-Mei-Deus-039-In-London-039-s-Oldest-Church-Will-Give-You-Chills

Back to top Go down

This Choir Singing 'Miserere Mei Deus' In London's Oldest Church Will Give You Chills Empty Re: This Choir Singing 'Miserere Mei Deus' In London's Oldest Church Will Give You Chills

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:32 am

Thor wrote:In 1638, a singer in the Sistine Chapel Choir composed a setting of Psalm 51 to be sung during Holy Week. That singer was Gregorio Allegri, and his setting, now commonly known as Miserere, is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written.

This is the Tenebrae Choir performing that beautiful piece in London's oldest operating church, St Bartholomew the Great. The high notes that begin around one minute in will give you goosebumps.

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/7892/This-Choir-Singing-039-Miserere-Mei-Deus-039-In-London-039-s-Oldest-Church-Will-Give-You-Chills

Gregorio Allegri's Miserere mei Deus (Have mercy on me, O God) is one of my favourite choral pieces and I have had an old Naxos CD version performed by an unknown choir in my classical collection for many years.

This was the first time that I had heard this version....uplifting, and quite exquisite. Worth a green to you for introducing it to me.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

This Choir Singing 'Miserere Mei Deus' In London's Oldest Church Will Give You Chills Empty Re: This Choir Singing 'Miserere Mei Deus' In London's Oldest Church Will Give You Chills

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:28 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Thor wrote:In 1638, a singer in the Sistine Chapel Choir composed a setting of Psalm 51 to be sung during Holy Week. That singer was Gregorio Allegri, and his setting, now commonly known as Miserere, is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written.

Gregorio Allegri's Miserere mei Deus (Have mercy on me, O God) is one of my favourite choral pieces and I have had an old Naxos CD version performed by an unknown choir in my classical collection for many years.

This was the first time that I had heard this version....uplifting, and quite exquisite. Worth a green to you for introducing it to me.

Thanks

You are welcome Fred, and really glad you enjoyed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down