NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life-long Labour supporter Nick Hewer ditches party over ‘blunt assaults’ fired at Countdown co-star Rachel Riley after she 'called out anti-Semitism'

Go down

Life-long Labour supporter Nick Hewer ditches party over ‘blunt assaults’ fired at Countdown co-star Rachel Riley after she 'called out anti-Semitism' Empty Life-long Labour supporter Nick Hewer ditches party over ‘blunt assaults’ fired at Countdown co-star Rachel Riley after she 'called out anti-Semitism'

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Nick Hewer has today relinquished his support for Labour after his Countdown co-host Rachel Riley was abused for speaking out about anti-Semitism in the party. The former Apprentice star said he was 'astonished at the blunt assaults and trickster arguments' aimed at Riley after she criticised Jeremy Corbyn over anti-Semitism.  He tweeted: 'As an Anglo-Irish lapsed Catholic, raises to abhor bigotry, I am astonished at the blunt assaults and trickster arguments fired at my friend and colleague Rachel Riley for calling out anti-Semitism in that once great Labour party which I have voted for since 1964. Not any more.'

Riley has used Twitter to share her frustration on problems with anti-Semitism and yesterday hit back at Heather Mendick, secretary of the Hackney South Labour Party, who accused Riley of 'smearing political activists as racists.'

Riley replied: 'Your leader has admitted you have a problem with antisemitism. One of your councillors is twisting my words to my employer to suit her own agenda.

'If you still claim to be a legitimate party - please make her stop.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6568265/Life-long-Labour-supporter-Nick-Hewer-ditches-party.html

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/countdown-s-nick-hewer-will-no-longer-vote-labour-after-rachel-riley-suffers-abuse-over-antisemiti-1.478225

Its time Labour moderates took their party back, from the extreme left wing Momemtum.

Back to top Go down