NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1.2 Million GP Hours Wasted on Skipped Appointments | Good Morning Britain

4 posters

Go down

1.2 Million GP Hours Wasted on Skipped Appointments | Good Morning Britain Empty 1.2 Million GP Hours Wasted on Skipped Appointments | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:44 pm

New data shows that patients skipping appointments costs the NHS 1.2 Million hours and £216 million a year. NHS England are urging people to cancel their appointments rather than not showing up. Dr. Hilary Jones and Dr. Helen Stokes-Lampard debate whether or not there should be a fine for not turning up to GP appointments.

Back to top Go down

1.2 Million GP Hours Wasted on Skipped Appointments | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: 1.2 Million GP Hours Wasted on Skipped Appointments | Good Morning Britain

Post by nicko Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:25 pm

I'v always wondered about this, if you don't turn up the Doc goes on to the next patient, witch, to me saves time. So how can it cost money ? Some one please explain cause I just can't see it ! As for cancelling your appointment, fine, if they would answer the bloody phone !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

1.2 Million GP Hours Wasted on Skipped Appointments | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: 1.2 Million GP Hours Wasted on Skipped Appointments | Good Morning Britain

Post by nicko Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:35 am

Why no comments on this, surely it effects every one !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:32 pm

How about the cost to patients who have to wait way past their appointment time?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:28 am

I'v had Hospital appoints that have resulted in waiting an hour or more to see Consultant, clocking up £'s in car parking fines. They don't refund your money do they ? Works both ways !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:08 pm

This belongs in the politics section. It's not about 'body science'. It's about the efficiency of a government program.

When I open up a thread in Body Science, I expect something about physiology, or at lease psychology. Not something about hospital record keeping.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Who gives a fuck what you think ? You cant put a decent post on here without you arguing the toss in the opposite direction!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:15 pm

It affects patients who can't get an appointment. With a lot of doctors you have to ring in the morning to get an appointment, and if they're full you can't get one. If someone doesn't turn up, you could have had their appointment.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down