NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACISM, REVISED

Go down

RACISM, REVISED Empty RACISM, REVISED

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:27 am

Upon being named a member of the New York Times editorial board earlier this year, Sarah Jeong immediately became that greatest of rarities, a famous editorialist. The experience almost certainly left her nostalgic for obscurity. It turned out that Jeong—who attended the University of California, Berkeley, and Harvard Law School before becoming a journalist specializing in technology and the internet—had an active Twitter account, with over 97,000 followers. Readers who examined its archives brought to the public’s attention some of Jeong’s most…interesting reflections:

“Dumbass f***ing white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants.”

It’s “kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men.”

I’m “just imagining being white and waking up every morning with a terrible existential dread about how I have no culture.” (Jeong was born in South Korea in 1988 and emigrated at the age of three when her parents came to the United States to study. She became a U.S. citizen in 2017.)

“Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically only being fit to live underground like groveling bilious goblins?”

Those who attacked Rolling Stone’s (subsequently discredited) story about a sexual assault at a University of Virginia fraternity house did so because they “couldn’t believe nice white college boys were monsters.” The skeptics simply “channeled established rape culture responses.”

“Have you ever tried to figure out all the things that white people are allowed to do that aren’t cultural appropriation? There’s literally nothing.”

“The world could get by just fine with zero white people.”

Journalist Nick Monroe catalogued much, much more in this vein, written from 2013 to 2017. In response to a sudden uproar over Jeong’s postings, she and the Times each issued a statement the day after her appointment was announced. The new editorial hire didn’t really mean the harsh things she had written, both declared. Other people had started it by goading her. Now older and wiser, she would express herself less acerbically in the future.

It wasn’t much of an alibi, but at least the employee and employer got their stories straight. “As a woman of color on the internet, I have faced torrents of online hate,” Jeong’s statement read. “I engaged in what I thought of at the time as counter-trolling. While it was intended as satire, I deeply regret that I mimicked the language of my harassers.” She now understands “how hurtful these posts are out of context,” and would not write them again.

Monroe’s curation made clear, however, that Jeong’s flamethrower verbiage, read in context, rarely satirized or mimicked anyone in particular. Nevertheless, the paper’s statement took the same tack: “For a period of time,” Jeong responded to online harassment “by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers. She sees now that this approach only served to feed the vitriol that we too often see on social media. She regrets it, and the Times does not condone it.” Furthermore, “She understands that this type of rhetoric is not acceptable at the Times.”

https://www.claremont.org/crb/article/racism-revised/

This is a very good long article that needs to be read in full and shows how the left again are trying to revise racism, based upon a victimology tree and promote an inequality between groups of people

Back to top Go down

RACISM, REVISED Empty Re: RACISM, REVISED

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Cool

Dodge could have had a good thread here, with this story...

Unfortunately, poor paranoid li'l Didgerii had to fuck it all up at the end, once again attempting to blame all of the world's ills upon his ever fearful notions of some evil "left wing" attempts to destroy civilisation as he knows it..

RACISM, REVISED 3986371719
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down