NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go again - What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’

+8
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
veya_victaous
Fred Moletrousers
Original Quill
nicko
'Wolfie
eddie
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Here we go again - What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’ Empty Here we go again - What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:11 am

A comedian has pulled out of a student charity event after being asked to sign a contract banning him from being offensive about almost anything. Konstantin Kisin was sent a 'behavioural agreement form' which stopped him telling jokes which were not 'respectful and kind'.

The form stated: 'By signing this contract, you are agreeing to our no-tolerance policy with regards to racism, sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia or anti-religion or anti-atheism.'Student leaders said the ban was necessary to preserve the event as a 'safe space' and a place for 'joy, love, and acceptance'.

But Mr Kisin, 35, who was born in the Soviet Union, said the demand amounted to a 'threat to freedom of speech' and pulled out.

The fundraising event, scheduled for January 23, is organised by the Unicef On Campus society at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), part of the University of London.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6484947/Comedian-pulls-university-charity-event-asked-sign-behaviour-contract.html

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/dec/11/comedians-asked-to-sign-behavioural-agreement-for-soas-gig

Apparantly its only a few

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Here we go again - What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’ Empty Re: Here we go again - What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’

Post by eddie Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:58 am

Here we go again - What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’ 0fc2c410
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Here we go again - What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’ Empty Re: Here we go again - What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:01 am

Smile

What !?!

No "speciesism" on their list..

That's discrimination against other species !
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:04 pm

Stupid Students again, and some of these could be running the country in the future-------sigh !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Oberlin University in Ohio used to have a policy: if students wish to kiss, pet or whatever, they must first sign a written contract of consent and file it with the records department.

Not many dates at Oberlin. Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:15 pm

nicko wrote:Stupid Students again,   and some of these could be running the country in the future-------sigh !

Yeah, bloody worrying thought, Nicko. But we mustn't forget that in the 1930's the Oxford Union voted overwhelmingly that "...this house will in no circumstances fight for its King and Country..." - and that many of those those self same students went on to do exactly that during WW2, often with great bravery at the cost of their own lives.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Yes Fred, your right !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:39 pm

Good 
what the fuck to coward fucks like Didge want?

they told him before hand the conditions and He feels His Racism and sexism etc is more important than Performing 
that's his freedom to do so 

This is How it meant to Operate 
this is a Perfect Scenario 

Selfish Cowardly pricks like didge need to Accept Other People Do not have to Accept your rampant hatred and prejudice (that he does a shit job of hiding, despite Pathetic Lip service )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:16 am

veya_victaous wrote:Good 

they told him before hand the conditions and He feels His Racism and sexism etc is more important than Performing 

Selfish Cowardly pricks like didge need to Accept Other People Do not have to Accept your rampant hatred and prejudice (that he does a shit job of hiding, despite Pathetic Lip service )

ha ha ha

Can anyone make sense of the above or at least translate it for me? Laughing

Talk about perpetually triggered.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:27 am

Organiser apologises ‘for the misunderstanding’ after comic pulls out of fundraiser

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/dec/11/comedians-asked-to-sign-behavioural-agreement-for-soas-gig

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:31 am

yeah they have 'Apologized' because Coward Snowflakes like your self are posting all of the internet, Dickhead 

Your literally WORSE than the Group that wanted to dictate the conditions on their own private event 

Fucktarded snowflakes like yourself Seem to think YOU should be able to Dictate to everyone an force them to Listen to Your racism, Homophobia and transphobia 

YOU as an individual are FAR MORE guilty of every negative You accuse Student Union leaders of ... and they are just dumb kids 
Your Supposed to be GROWN UP ... SO no wonder Seeing the behavior of their elders the British Children are pathetic Snowflakes it is the Culture You have Promoted and fostered for Britain.
You've literally Filled our forum with You Snowflake rants that Prove beyond Doubt that what I said is true.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:33 am

And Yes I am Perpetually triggered by REALLY STUPID FUCKS like yourself
I 100% believe you should not be allowed to vote You are too Dumb
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 am

veya_victaous wrote:yeah they have 'Apologized' because Coward Snowflakes like your self are posting all of the internet, Dickhead 

Your literally WORSE than the Group that wanted to dictate the conditions on their own private event 

Fucktarded snowflakes like yourself Seem to think YOU should be able to Dictate to everyone an force them to Listen to Your racism, Homophobia and transphobia 

YOU as an individual are FAR MORE guilty of every negative You accuse Student Union leaders of ... and they are just dumb kids 
Your Supposed to be GROWN UP ... SO no wonder Seeing the behavior of their elders the British Children are pathetic Snowflakes it is the Culture You have Promoted and fostered for Britain.
You've literally Filled our forum with You Snowflake rants that Prove beyond Doubt that what I said is true.

What negativity is that and towards what groups?

Again its this type of thinking that comes from left, though intersectionality

Which has people placed differently on the victimology tree

PMSL again at your reply, as the only person spouting hate is yourself here

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:44 am

veya_victaous wrote:And Yes I am Perpetually triggered by REALLY STUPID FUCKS like yourself

So you believe in denying people the vote based on IQ then?

You see its you being prejudiced here, not me.

But if you think I am stupid, that is fine. Happy with that from you, just makes me chuckle even more

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:46 am

Thor wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Good 

ha ha ha

Can anyone make sense of the above or at least translate it for me?  Laughing

Laughing

Why are other people 'perpetually triggered' and 'babies' when they get angry - but when you throw out insults, get angry and flounce then you are 'passionate'. Neat double standards didge. Veya isn't triggered, mate, he's just passionate Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:52 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

ha ha ha

Laughing

Why are other people 'perpetually triggered' and 'babies' when they get angry - but when you throw out insults, get angry and flounce then you are 'passionate'. Neat double standards didge. Veya isn't triggered, mate, he's just passionate Smile

Indeed, and again I admit my faults, but you certainly do not. Hence being two faced

Veys is completely triggered and doing what the left do best, lying.

I think its hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:12 am

Thor wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

ha ha ha

Laughing

Indeed, and again I admit my faults, but you certainly do not. Hence being two faced

I think its hilarious.

He isn't triggered, he's passionate.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:14 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

I think its hilarious.

He isn't triggered, he's passionate.

By bombing the UK back to the stone age and lying claiming I against equality?

That is being triggered

Laughing

If you think he is passionate, that is fine. I do not see passion, but hate, because I have him triggered

He made no view onto other posters here, simple me. Which I thrive on

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:37 am

'I grew up under the Soviet Union. When I saw this letter, basically telling me what I could and couldn't say, I thought this was precisely the kind of letter a comic would have been sent there.'

The SOAS student union said it 'does not require external speakers to sign any form of contract or behavioural agreement'.

A spokesman said the contract had been drawn up by the Unicef On Campus society without consultation with the student union, and the society had been 'over-zealous' in its interpretation of Charity Commission guidelines.

**over-zealous**

just a tad

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 am

A forum member has flounced after being asked to agree to rules banning him from being offensive about almost anything. Thor was asked to agree to abide by rules aimed at making the forum 'respectful and civil'.

The rules stated: 'NewsFix does not tolerate words or imagery intentionally and maliciously denigrating people of different races, nationalities, sexual orientations, religious or other beliefs, etc.'.

But Thor, 2, who was born in an outhouse, said the rules amounted to a 'threat to freedom of speech' and flounced.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:48 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:A forum member has flounced after being asked to agree to rules banning him from being offensive about almost anything. Thor was asked to agree to abide by rules aimed at making the forum 'respectful and civil'.

The rules stated: 'NewsFix does not tolerate words or imagery intentionally and maliciously denigrating people of different races, nationalities, sexual orientations, religious or other beliefs, etc.'.

But Thor, 2, who was born in an outhouse, said the rules amounted to a 'threat to freedom of speech' and flounced.

Except when it comes to hate of Jews?

veya_victaous wrote:In what way was it negative about Anne?
in what way was it negative towards Jews?
NONE 
it clearly a conversation between a Jewish girl and her partner Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

https://i.imgur.com/QSJAetW.jpg

It's from Imgur it's a Meme, and My Friends are smarter than You and Lord Foul they wouldn't be offended by something that is clearly not offensive. 
Of course some over zealous Zionist Dimwit like you report thing like this because you are too dumb to think, read and comprehend. 

You and lord foul are worse than the dumbest BLM nutjob Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t24284p50-combating-antisemitism?highlight=antisemitism

I

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:49 am

gelico wrote:'I grew up under the Soviet Union. When I saw this letter, basically telling me what I could and couldn't say, I thought this was precisely the kind of letter a comic would have been sent there.'

The SOAS student union said it 'does not require external speakers to sign any form of contract or behavioural agreement'.

A spokesman said the contract had been drawn up by the Unicef On Campus society without consultation with the student union, and the society had been 'over-zealous' in its interpretation of Charity Commission guidelines.

**over-zealous**

just a tad

lol!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Leftyism at its best....little grey men in little grey boxes, living little grey lives,simpering in their little grey way at zero humour grey PC "jokes".
Not only do the left want a life of dull grey "sameness" for all, they have no humour,brightness or colour in their lives.  They cannot comprehend that although one might chuckle at a joke involving a so called stereotype 1)those stereotypes actually exist And 2) doing so does NOT mean you "hate" or even mildly dislike those who are the target. With almost every stereotype that exists I bet i can truthfully say, "know what...I know someone exactly like that. I bet that there is even a humerous stereotype that matches me, and you know what....thats great.....have a laugh..?but ffs DONT play all offended when i reference a sterotype of you or anyone else.
GROW THE FUCK UP. CHILL OUT.
And please ,,,someone,,,find me an example of truely funny lefty approved PC humour....unlikely i know   but try folks cos I cant find any
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Leftyism at its best....little grey men in little grey boxes, living little grey lives,simpering in their little grey way at zero humour grey PC "jokes".
Not only do the left want a life of dull grey "sameness" for all, they have no humour,brightness or colour in their lives.  They cannot comprehend that although one might chuckle at a joke involving a so called stereotype 1)those stereotypes actually exist And 2) doing so does NOT mean you "hate" or even mildly dislike those who are the target. With almost every stereotype that exists I bet i can truthfully say, "know what...I know someone exactly like that. I bet that there is even a humerous stereotype that matches me, and you know what....thats great.....have a laugh..?but ffs DONT play all offended when i reference a sterotype of you or anyone else.
GROW THE FUCK UP. CHILL OUT.
And please ,,,someone,,,find me an example of truely funny lefty approved PC humour....unlikely i know   but try folks cos I cant find any

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:30 pm

+2
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:41 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:A forum member has flounced after being asked to agree to rules banning him from being offensive about almost anything. Thor was asked to agree to abide by rules aimed at making the forum 'respectful and civil'.

Yet Veya and Wolfie continue to be regarded in this forum much as Caesar's wife - beyond reproach.

For Christ's sake........
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:42 pm

I honestly dont know what can be defined as 'lefty' humour....would you class the likes of Bernard Manning or Alf Garnett as far right humour?
Neither to me were funny, but they certainly had freedom of speech back in the day.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:47 pm

Syl wrote:I honestly dont know what can be defined as 'lefty' humour....would you class the likes of Bernard Manning or Alf Garnett as far right humour?
Neither to me were funny, but they certainly had freedom of speech back in the day.

Both were experts in the noble art of piss-taking, Syl. The po-faced Left could never understand it.....
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:51 pm

And rightyism? Robust, ape-like creatures dragging knuckles on the ground. The purpose of life for them is a one-dimensional selfishness. More bananas…store them on a pile, while you reach for more and more. Get ‘em while they are green. They last longer.

But the knuckledraggers don’t believe in equality. They don’t believe in fairness. They achieve their goals, not by hard work, or by being smarter, but by moving the goal posts. They bend the rules…sometimes break them. Rules are for smucks, blacks and Hispanics. Voter suppression? Jim Crow laws? Gerrymandering? It’s the shifting of goals in the background, that really makes our delightful, white supremacy paradise.

But let them be cheated out of an ounce of fairness themselves, like the EU, and they whine and moan in great pain. Here we go again - What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’ 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:I honestly dont know what can be defined as 'lefty' humour....would you class the likes of Bernard Manning or Alf Garnett as far right humour?

Both were experts in the noble art of piss-taking, Syl. The po-faced Left could never understand it.....

Manning could certainly piss take Fred. I personally think he went too far, but I saw him live quite a few times (not by choice but because he appeared at a couple of cabaret clubs I worked in) and I think he could border on being cruel to members in the audience....who obviously had no right or reply as he had the mike. Evil or Very Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Everyone copped it from our Alf......anyone remember the "scouse git"    always sounded like scarsegit......if i remember that was the daughters boyfriend... Old Alf hated everyone in general and life in particular.........
And the character of Alf was of course a stereotype, yep I knoe somebody just like him. The perpetually miserable old grump, only happy when they got something to whinge about. In those days of course he was obviously rather RW. I suggest today the same role,with different whinges is adequately played by lefty snowflakes....yes they are the Alf Garnet of tomorrow....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:And rightyism?  Robust, ape-like creatures dragging knuckles on the ground.  The purpose of life for them is a one-dimensional selfishness.  More bananas…store them on a pile, while you reach for more and more.  Get ‘em while they aare green.  They last longer.

But the knuckledraggers don’t believe in equality.  They don’t believe in fairness.  They achieve their goals, not by hard work, or by being smarter, but by moving the goal posts.  They bend the rules…sometimes break them.  Rules are for smucks, blacks and Hispanics.  Voter suppression?  Jim Crow laws?  Gerrymandering?  It’s the shifting of goals in the background, that really makes our delightful, white supremacy paradise.

But let them be cheated out of an ounce of fairness themselves, like the EU, and they whine and moan in great pain.   Here we go again - What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’ 2190311264

Quill.......you are blethering again.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:35 pm

veya_victaous wrote:And Yes I am Perpetually triggered by REALLY STUPID FUCKS like yourself

Are you angry with Didge or the easily offended people of the world?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:51 am

And actually didge, I can recall that you have been offended by mine and Ben’s humour before and I have told you that I laugh at everything.

So perhaps you now agree with me?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:09 am

eddie wrote:And actually didge, I can recall that you have been offended by mine and Ben’s humour before and I have told you that I laugh at everything.

Eddie what you said was wrong and antisemitic and yes I know you are not antisemitic and did this to be funny, but then some things are simple not funny, when you do so at the expense of people who suffered in the Holocaust

That was not humour in any shape of form in my opinion and I doubt many Jews would find it funny either

I mean this is what you said

eddie wrote:"Having considered this...I have come to the conclusion that these “Jewish people” actually cause their own problems.
Look at Anne Frank for example, making her life harder by living in an attic. Just dumb.   "

So no, I do not agree with you, but I am going to give you the opportunity to explain how you think the above is funny?

I mean imagine you said that in light of the Pittsburgh shootings. What do you image the response would be?

I have a great sense of humour, but that does not mean I have to find something funny, because you do. People are unique as to what they find funny. I dont have to agree with you on this. Even though I am sure we find many of the same things funny. I also have a right to be critical of something like this, though admit, I lost the plot at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:04 am

Both of those jokes about Anne Frank were pretty offensive tbh. Those who "laugh at everything" should expect to be pulled up for it if others find it offensive.

I would not go and see a stand-up comedian anyway. The only one I ever really liked was Frankie Howerd. As for Billy Connelly, I don't know how his career survived that awful "joke" he made about Ken Bigley.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:07 am

Ooooohh Mrs !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Original Quill wrote:And rightyism?  Robust, ape-like creatures dragging knuckles on the ground.  The purpose of life for them is a one-dimensional selfishness.  More bananas…store them on a pile, while you reach for more and more.  Get ‘em while they aare green.  They last longer.

But the knuckledraggers don’t believe in equality.  They don’t believe in fairness.  They achieve their goals, not by hard work, or by being smarter, but by moving the goal posts.  They bend the rules…sometimes break them.  Rules are for smucks, blacks and Hispanics.  Voter suppression?  Jim Crow laws?  Gerrymandering?  It’s the shifting of goals in the background, that really makes our delightful, white supremacy paradise.

But let them be cheated out of an ounce of fairness themselves, like the EU, and they whine and moan in great pain.   Here we go again - What CAN I joke about? Comedian cancels university show after students force him to sign 'behaviour contract' banning sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, transphobia... plus SEVEN other ‘isms’ 2190311264

Quill.......you are blethering again.......

No answer? I have to resist the picture of an stuffy Brit, spitting and sputtering with total frustration. Laughing

It's just a little soliloquy I had going on in my mind. You see the many pieces of it all the time, in everyday life, but sometimes it's worth summarizing it to get the total picture.

It's what life looks like when you eschew our social existence, and construct an ideology built upon pure selfishness.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Maybe that comedian should just have walked on stage and said "Good evening. Fuck, bollocks, fucking, shitting, piss, motherfucking arseholes...." and then walked off to the rapturous applause of a bunch of brain-dead "students" whose IQs and powers of comprehension were just about enough for them actually to have understood what he was talking about.

Or, better still, to have walked on stage with a piece of black sticky tape covering his mouth...and said absolutely nothing.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Maybe that comedian should just have walked on stage and said "Good evening. Fuck, bollocks, fucking, shitting, piss, motherfucking arseholes...." and then walked off to the rapturous applause of a bunch of brain-dead "students" whose IQs and powers of comprehension were just about enough for them actually to have understood what he was talking about.

Or, better still, to have walked on stage with a piece of black sticky tape covering his mouth...and said absolutely nothing.

I like it, Fred. Laughing That's what corporate speakers do at their meetings...talking about their consumers.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Thor wrote:
eddie wrote:And actually didge, I can recall that you have been offended by mine and Ben’s humour before and I have told you that I laugh at everything.

Eddie what you said was wrong and antisemitic and yes I know you are not antisemitic and did this to be funny, but then some things are simple not funny, when you do so at the expense of people who suffered in the Holocaust

That was not humour in any shape of form in my opinion and I doubt many Jews would find it funny either

eddie wrote:"Having considered this...I have come to the conclusion that these “Jewish people” actually cause their own problems.
Look at Anne Frank for example, making her life harder by living in an attic. Just dumb.   "

So no, I do not agree with you, but I am going to give you the opportunity to explain how you think the above is funny?

I mean imagine you said that in light of the Pittsburgh shootings. What do you image the response would be?

I have a great sense of humour, but that does not mean I have to find something funny, because you do. People are unique as to what they find funny. I dont have to agree with you on this. Even though I am sure we find many of the same things funny. I also have a right to be critical of something like this, though admit, I lost the plot at the time.

I thought it was funny because it was shocking, considering that it's stupid, racist and insensitive, while eddie is none of those things. Sarah Silverman does the same kind of thing - setting herself up to be the ridiculously over-the-top villain in her jokes.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:21 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Thor wrote:

I thought it was funny because it was shocking, considering that it's stupid, racist and insensitive, while eddie is none of those things. Sarah Silverman does the same kind of thing - setting herself up to be the ridiculously over-the-top villain in her jokes.

Sorry, but what exactly is funny about what she said?

She is using the holocaust for shock humour and at odds, to understand what is funny about blaming Jews for what happens to them. To then say it was dumb for Anne Frank to hide from the Nazi's

You have me lost as to how that is even a joke?

It sounds more like something the Far right would say.

Also Sarah Silverman is Jewish, neither you or Eddie are Jewish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Thor wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

well that kind of proves the point of not being able to monitor humour didge. each to their own and all that.

only recently i saw a clip of Jim davidson talking about the ''special olympics''
very cruel but extremely funny

and last night i was showing my eldest son old clips of alf garnet talking about ''your average coon''

both of these would be considered dreadful people by the governments Ministry of Humour (or lack thereof) but they were still considered screamingly funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:27 pm

gelico wrote:
Thor wrote:

well that kind of proves the point of not being able to monitor humour didge.  each to their own and all that.

only recently i saw a clip of Jim davidson talking about the ''special olympics''

and last night i was showing my eldest son old clips of alf garnet talking about ''your average coon''

both of these would be considered dreadful people by the governments Ministry of Humour (or lack thereof) but they were still considered screamingly funny

I am not questioning any of that Gelico

I am simple trying to grasp what in fact some would see in what Eddie said, as being funny?

Where is the joke line within that

How is hiding in the attic (it was the annex by the way) from the Nazi's causing her own problems by being Jewish?

I think some things based around horrific events in history have no humour about them.

I mean how do you think Ben would react to a joke that featured African Americans being lynched?

Or kids dying of aids in Africa and Asia?

Again I doubt I would find any such joke at all funny and would no doubt be critical of such jokes

I understand people like to use shock humour, and maybe I am missing something here, but why do so?

I mean seriously Gelico, how many people do you think would have laughed at Eddies joke, that were not antisemitic?

Last edited by Thor on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Thor wrote:
gelico wrote:

well that kind of proves the point of not being able to monitor humour didge.  each to their own and all that.

I am simple trying to grasp what in fact some would see in what Eddie said, as being funny?

but that's my point didge. you didn't find it funny and that's ok

like some would say about Jim Davidson, ''what's funny about that?''

like some would say about Alf Garnet, ''what's funny about that''?

or Frankie Boyle or any other comedian

or like that time when Ben said that in his experience ''9 year old girls can't take a punch''

some would say ''what's funny about that?'' but it had me cackling for ages

we are all different, we all find different things funny,,,,,,and that's ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:49 pm

gelico wrote:
Thor wrote:

but that's my point didge.   you didn't find it funny and that's ok

or like that time when Ben said that in his experience ''9 year old girls can't take a punch''

I know we are all different Gelico

Have no issue with that what so ever and agree on your points

But can you even see the joke in what she said?

Can anyone?

That is what I want to understand how it could be funny to someone, so I can understand and not react stupidly as I did at the time

I am trying to understand here and learn

Ben claims it was funny and I am just simple asking to explain the joke

Can you help me here understand what is meant to be the joke part of the joke itself?

I am being serious here, because I simple failed to see any punchline off this

I know some Jewish comedians make jokes based off the holocaust but they are normally actually funny and based from their Jewish perspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:58 pm

Thor wrote:
gelico wrote:

but that's my point didge.   you didn't find it funny and that's ok

I know we are all different Gelico

Have no issue with that what so ever and agree on your points

But can you even see the joke in what she said?

Can anyone?

That is what I want to understand how it could be funny to someone, so I can understand and not react stupidly as I did at the time

I am trying to understand here and learn

Ben claims it was funny and I am just simple asking to explain the joke

Can you help me here understand what is meant to be the joke part of the joke itself?

I am being serious here, because I simple failed to see any punchline off this

I know some Jewish comedians make jokes based off the holocaust but they are normally actually funny and based from their Jewish perspective

i dont know what the joke was nor how you reacted but that's irrelevant

all you need to understand is that it is perfectly ok for you to not find something funny, just as it's perfectly ok for someone else to find that same thing funny. like i said each to their own.

just because you didn't find it funny doesn't mean you are deficient in some way and you shouldnt feel the need to try and understand and learn. you didn't find it funny and you don't need to justify that in any way

but it proves that humour can't be monitored and put into categories because as individuals that would make humour impossible, hence that comedian guy cancelling due to the contract.

it certainly shouldn't be criminalised which it is now #nazipug

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next