NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullied black Alabama girl, 9, commits suicide after classmates taunted her for having a white friend

4 posters

Go down

Bullied black Alabama girl, 9, commits suicide after classmates taunted her for having a white friend  Empty Bullied black Alabama girl, 9, commits suicide after classmates taunted her for having a white friend

Post by eddie Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:06 pm

'You think you're white because you ride with that white boy'

Bullied black Alabama girl, 9, commits suicide after classmates taunted her for having a white friend  67a23e10

A nine-year-old girl has committed suicide after being bullied by her fourth-grade classmates.

McKenzie Adams was found by her grandmother in her Linden, Alabama, home after she hanged herself, the Tuscaloosa News reported. Family members say she had been harassed since the beginning of the school year.
Family members say McKenzie had transferred to U.S. Jones Elementary School in Demopolis, Alabama, because she had been bullied at her school in Linden.
McKenzie's mother, Jasmine Adams, told CBS 42 that much of the bullying came from her friendship with a white boy and how his family would drive her to school.

'She told me that this one particular child was writing her nasty notes in class,' McKenzie's mother said. 'It was just things you wouldn't think a nine-year-old should know.'

'Part of it could have been because she rode to school with a white family,' she continued. 'And a lot of it was race, some of the student bullies would say to her 'why you riding with white people you're black, you're ugly. You should just die'. '

'She was being bullied the entire school year, with words such as 'kill yourself,' 'you think you're white because you ride with that white boy,' 'you ugly,' 'black b-tch,' 'just die',' she echoed.

The grieving family felt the school system failed her daughter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6482131/Alabama-girl-9-committed-suicide-classmates-taunted-having-white-friend-family-says.html?ito=social-facebook

This is just awful. How does a nine year old even know how to hang herself? That poor family. I really hope this is going to be looked into properly by the relevant authorities and that this family get some justice.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Bullied black Alabama girl, 9, commits suicide after classmates taunted her for having a white friend  Empty Re: Bullied black Alabama girl, 9, commits suicide after classmates taunted her for having a white friend

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:11 pm

What a shocking story to read Eddie

Words cannot describe how some people are so hateful to others.

What I would like to know is how this went on for a school year. What the teachers were doing about this and taking action with the bullies and their parents?

Back to top Go down

Bullied black Alabama girl, 9, commits suicide after classmates taunted her for having a white friend  Empty Re: Bullied black Alabama girl, 9, commits suicide after classmates taunted her for having a white friend

Post by eddie Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:17 pm

No idea Didge. I worked in a school for years as you know, and if I was witness to anything like this or had been told this by a parent I’d have done my fucking best to have stopped this from happening.

It’s heartbreaking. Look at her sweet and innocent face...
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:24 pm

eddie wrote:No idea Didge. I worked in a school for years as you know, and if I was witness to anything like this or had been told this by a parent I’d have done my fucking best to have stopped this from happening.

It’s heartbreaking. Look at her sweet and innocent face...

I mean we can only go by what is claimed, but if true, the school should be investigated and then action taken

A whole school year is a long time for this to go on for

My thoughts go out to the family through this horrible painful time

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:37 pm

That is awful, as you say Eddie how did she know how to hang herself at nine years old.

Poor little girl to have to live with that bullying for so long.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:25 pm

Vintage wrote:That is awful, as you say Eddie how did she know how to hang herself at nine years old.

Poor little girl to have to live with that bullying for so long.

Yeah, you have to wonder how she knew that about hanging as a way to die. Did she google it? See it in a movie?

It’s an odd way to choose to die at nine. Hell, suicide is an odd thing to think at nine.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Poor child. Questions will be asked and lessons will be learned and I'm sure good and positive things will come from this - her death won't be in vain.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:13 pm

For a child of nine to have suicidal thoughts, never mind actually carrying this out, is truly heart breaking.
If it was known one girl in particular was bullying her why wasnt it addressed there and then?
I believe that still, in this day and age, so many people in authority look the other way and pretend they dont see bullying happening rather than face it and deal with it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down