NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Sheen to star in new War of the Worlds musical audio drama from Jeff Wayne

Go down

Michael Sheen to star in new War of the Worlds musical audio drama from Jeff Wayne Empty Michael Sheen to star in new War of the Worlds musical audio drama from Jeff Wayne

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:43 am

Actor Michael Sheen is set to face a fleet of invading Martians in a new musical production of The War Of The Worlds.

The Frost/Nixon star will be joined by Kingsman’s Taron Egerton, The Divergent Series’ Theo James and Bottom’s Adrian Edmondson in the new Audible drama, complete with an original score from Jeff Wayne.

And yes, that’s the same Jeff Wayne behind the 1978 classic concept album based on the original HG Wells story, a record that has spent over 330 weeks in the UK album charts. Wayne himself is again at the heart of the project, directing, producing and composing the musical drama.

“Jeff Wayne’s The War of The Worlds album has held a special place in my life since I first heard it at age 12,” said Sheen, who will play journalist George Herbert, a character voiced by Richard Burton in the 1978 album.

“Every thrilling note of music and heart-stopping word of the story feels like a part of me now. So, to be asked to join Jeff for this new and brilliant adaptation of his iconic work is quite literally a dream come true for me.”

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/radio/2018-10-12/war-of-the-worlds-jeff-wayne-new-audio-drama-starring-michael-sheen/

Richard Burton is a hard act to follow.

Though look with interest at this new version

Back to top Go down