NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of America’s Most Popular Rice Brands is Full of Toxic Chemicals: FDA Recall

3 posters

Go down

One of America’s Most Popular Rice Brands is Full of Toxic Chemicals: FDA Recall Empty One of America’s Most Popular Rice Brands is Full of Toxic Chemicals: FDA Recall

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:37 am

Uncle Ben’s rice has been a staple in many American households for years, but now their ‘fortified’ rice variety has been proven to be full of toxic constituents that cause headaches, nausea, and skin rashes, among other undesirable symptoms. The FDA is issuing a recall, just days after the product was reported to be loaded with heavy metals. Uncle Ben isn’t so family friendly, it turns out.

http://www.newssum.com/one-of-americas-most-popular-rice-brands-is-full-of-toxic-chemicals-fda-recall-3839

I presume the American Uncle Ben's is the same as is sold over here. Wonder if that's being recalled.

Back to top Go down

One of America’s Most Popular Rice Brands is Full of Toxic Chemicals: FDA Recall Empty Re: One of America’s Most Popular Rice Brands is Full of Toxic Chemicals: FDA Recall

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:42 am

Tess. wrote:Uncle Ben’s rice has been a staple in many American households for years, but now their ‘fortified’ rice variety has been proven to be full of toxic constituents that cause headaches, nausea, and skin rashes, among other undesirable symptoms. The FDA is issuing a recall, just days after the product was reported to be loaded with heavy metals. Uncle Ben isn’t so family friendly, it turns out.

http://www.newssum.com/one-of-americas-most-popular-rice-brands-is-full-of-toxic-chemicals-fda-recall-3839

I presume the American Uncle Ben's is the same as is sold over here.  Wonder if that's being recalled.

wow for the FDA to recall it i can only assume the check to get it through bounced... :D 

it is serious though we should know more about the things in our foods..

Back to top Go down

One of America’s Most Popular Rice Brands is Full of Toxic Chemicals: FDA Recall Empty Re: One of America’s Most Popular Rice Brands is Full of Toxic Chemicals: FDA Recall

Post by jaded fox Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:50 pm

And with the yoga mats in the subway I think we're all just headed down the road to long healthy mutant lives.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:58 pm

I only eat organic brown rice.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Never understood why anyone would buy branded rice. I buy risotto, pudding, basmati, thai frangrant and wild rice for different things as I do a lot of asian cooking. Branded rice costs a flippin fortune.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down