NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floods leave David Cameron up to his neck in it

Go down

Floods leave David Cameron up to his neck in it Empty Floods leave David Cameron up to his neck in it

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:13 am

Floods leave David Cameron up to his neck in it Maguire-Cameron-Floods-3153150

Flood waters lapping the playing fields of Eton finally pumped David Cameron into action but incompetence will leave him high and dry.

The Prime Bumbler’s panic after complacency gives him the air of a man drowning not waving, stranded all at sea when tested.

Voters forgive much but the impression of incompetence is fatal, as poor old Gordon Brown discovered in the end.

I watched Cameron at the weekend testily walk away from a TV interview when quizzed about his Tory-led Government’s inadequate response to torrential rain and storms.

He’s a PM happy to dish it out but Cameron’s thin skin leaves him ­whimpering when given some of his own medicine.

Tory squabbling over who's to blame for the floods would’ve shamed a bunch of kids. Perhaps Eric Pickles was used as a sandbag because the Tory heavyweight’s vanished, carrying a can for Cameron.

So inept is the PM few people believe him any more, one of the reasons a poll found most think he’s as much use as a sieve in troubled waters.

Quickly diluting his “money is no object” promise to “spend what is necessary” political garbage further undermined trust when the bankruptcy of austerity is exposed by cuts in flood defences and Environment Agency staff.

Cameron’s unique achievement is to unite Britain, North and South, against him.

Up North, as I found on Tyneside this weekend, there’s deep resentment he responded because Tory seats in the South were swamped.

And in those Tory seats they feel let down by their party, one of their own, the Government they voted for.

To be flooded must be appalling and I’ve nothing but sympathy for the distressed victims.

But those among them who backed austerity, demanding cuts in public spending, are engulfed by the grim reality of a small state ideology as they simultaneously demand state money be invested to protect private property.

The jobs and pensions of firefighters hailed as heroes are being slashed.

Every time I hear a call for the Army to help I think of the 20,000 soldiers given their marching orders by Commander Cameron.

I laughed too when Ed Miliband was out of his depth, water lapping over the top of his wellies.

But the Labour leader’s beginning to join the dots on austerity and climate change. The Tories accusing him of playing politics are terrified Miliband’s formulating a coherent argument about a better Britain which shows how we could all genuinely be in this together.

From selling off forests to bombing Syria, bungling Cameron was on the wrong side of the public argument.

Sloshing about Britain in his Hunters won’t hide how he is wrong. And utterly incompetent, unable to run a bath let alone a country.

He isn’t to blame for the weather but he is responsible for the political weather wrecking the Tories.

The floods may sweep Cameron out of Downing Street.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kevin-maguire-david-camerons-response-3153425#ixzz2tXO5jil3
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

::happ::  ::happ::  ::happ::  ::d&f::  ::sexbnan: 

Back to top Go down

Floods leave David Cameron up to his neck in it Empty Re: Floods leave David Cameron up to his neck in it

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:56 am

Cameron has been a disaster from start to finish. The Tories have no chance with him in charge. If that's the best the Tories can field as their leader then Labour will easily trounce them next year. We can the open the spending taps again and buy our way out of austerity.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down