NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'If I have to go through puberty, I don't think I'll make it': Emotional short film shows the struggles transgender teens face - including being bullied and not knowing which toilet to use at school

Go down

'If I have to go through puberty, I don't think I'll make it': Emotional short film shows the struggles transgender teens face - including being bullied and not knowing which toilet to use at school Empty 'If I have to go through puberty, I don't think I'll make it': Emotional short film shows the struggles transgender teens face - including being bullied and not knowing which toilet to use at school

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:25 am

A hard-hitting new short film released for Trans Awareness Week highlights the anxiety and struggles many trans teenagers face.

The five-minute video, Listen, features five young trans actors and was directed by trans actor and writer Jake Graf, who is married to Britain's highest ranking trans soldier, Hannah

Documenting some of the common struggles young trans people go through, the film sees one trans girl terrified of the onset of male puberty.
Another trans girl is enjoying the first flushes of romance but her boyfriend won't acknowledge her when he's with his friends.

And a heartbreaking scene sees a trans boy trying not to eat or drink because he's terrified of using the toilet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6392767/Short-film-highlights-agony-transgender-children.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'If I have to go through puberty, I don't think I'll make it': Emotional short film shows the struggles transgender teens face - including being bullied and not knowing which toilet to use at school Empty Re: 'If I have to go through puberty, I don't think I'll make it': Emotional short film shows the struggles transgender teens face - including being bullied and not knowing which toilet to use at school

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:26 am

Puberty is a hard time for all teens. I hated it, personally. I'm not sure where this is all leading, what with all the bullying and hate in the world. Acceptance doesn't seem to be something humans do very well. And kids can be incredibly cruel.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down