NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Didge coming back?

+10
HoratioTarr
Ben Reilly
Vintage
Raggamuffin
eddie
JulesV
Original Quill
Syl
Andy
veya_victaous
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is Didge coming back? Empty Is Didge coming back?

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:27 pm

does anyone know? i know that he got put in the basement, cant remember why but he wasn't banned

has anyone heard from him and is he ok?

Back to top Go down

Is Didge coming back? Empty Re: Is Didge coming back?

Post by veya_victaous Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:55 pm

without going into details, 
he has made threats towards moderator IRL. 

He is currently 'Banned for Life'
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:13 am

veya_victaous wrote:without going into details, 
he has made threats towards moderator IRL. 

He is currently 'Banned for Life'

thank you veya

so did i though, really bad ones and all, (even though i didn't mean it) i wasn't banned for llife. i just got basemented for a day

i'm not making excuses for him and i know he can be rude and a pain in the arse but i also think didge is going through some really bad shit right now.

i dont know what he did nor want to but could he not come back under a warning?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:29 am

Anything is possible Geli  Wink
Didge has been life banned before and came back  Laughing

He has been a Complete Ass so, 
we can only wait and see if time smooths things over
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:49 am

I hope he doesn't until he sorts his mind out. He has real problems, an argument and ego disorder (OCD?) and this place is his worst enemy at present.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:40 pm

I think it's obvious Didge has some ongoing problems....and I hope he does get help.
I understand why he is banned, but a life ban is pretty harsh imo.

I have the feeling if he isn't allowed back here he will join some other forum where he may not be understood in the same way.
That would be bad for him, but thats just my own personal opinion.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:31 pm

Actually, the punishments around here are light. Over on FF, Judge typically banned members for six months. They always came back, tho.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Thinks he's the messiah but he's just a naughty boy.   Is Didge coming back? 2387050134

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:40 pm

He made some threats to me and Ben basemented him indefinitely. Didge asked for his account to be deleted and Ben did so quite willingly as he was going to ban him anyway.

I harbour no bad feelings and I shall probably miss him. Perhaps time will soften everyone’s feelings but Ben is a stubborn little shit sometimes.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Syl wrote:I think it's obvious Didge has some ongoing problems....and I hope he does get help.

I have the feeling if he isn't allowed back here he will join some other forum where he may not be understood in the same way.

I don't understand him. Is Didge coming back? 2190311264

He's a grown man, so if he joins another forum it's up to him to behave.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:I think it's obvious Didge has some ongoing problems....and I hope he does get help.

I don't understand him. Is Didge coming back? 2190311264

He's got some Maltese in him.  I was married to a Sicilian/Calabrian, which is not far away.  Mediterranean's are a fiery lot.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:25 pm

He only wanted to fight and argue in the last month or so.
Any worthwhile debate went out of the window when he lost it.
Forums are not the right place for him .
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:51 pm

Angry Andy wrote:He only wanted to fight and argue in the last month or so.

yes but like i said, i think it's cos he's going through some bad stuff right now and he's really angry and taking it out on others here. i know that's not right but i think we've all been there to some extent. he goes way over the top but never actually means it. i just wanted to make sure he was ok but i'm guessing that if he's cancelled his account that there's no way to actually contact him

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:01 pm

gelico wrote:

yes but like i said, i think it's cos he's going through some bad stuff right now and he's really angry and taking it out on others here.  i know that's not right but i think we've all been there to some extent.  he goes way over the top but never actually means it.  i just wanted to make sure he was ok but i'm guessing that if he's cancelled his account that there's no way to actually contact him

Rolling Eyes

He will be okay. He’s not a weak person. I have his email so if anyone wants to contact him I’ll ask him if it’s okay to give any of you his email address via PM.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:06 pm

This has happened before on Inaflap, if anyone that was on there then remembers.
I do hope he is ok though.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:18 pm

eddie wrote:He made some threats to me and Ben basemented him indefinitely. Didge asked for his account to be deleted and Ben did so quite willingly as he was going to ban him anyway.

I harbour no bad feelings and I shall probably miss him. Perhaps time will soften everyone’s feelings but Ben is a stubborn little shit sometimes.

He threatened to send the police to eddie's house over that obviously joking Anne Frank comment that I put her up to in the first place, and said he'd keep me from ever coming to the UK.

Funny how some people will hold your dream hostage if they get pissed off at you. Taught me a lesson about opening up, really.

He assured us over and over again that he wouldn't really do that, but I don't know him and once someone has said something like that, it's really hard to trust them again.

Best to let things die down and let some time go by before we even start thinking about him coming back.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:39 pm

gelico wrote:

yes but like i said, i think it's cos he's going through some bad stuff right now and he's really angry and taking it out on others here.  i know that's not right but i think we've all been there to some extent.  he goes way over the top but never actually means it.  i just wanted to make sure he was ok but i'm guessing that if he's cancelled his account that there's no way to actually contact him

Rolling Eyes

I feel like you do about him....I have to say i was annoyed when he called me the c word the other day, and like others i tend to ignore him a lot when he starts....but he is always sorry afterwards, and it's hard to be mad at him for long.
Obviously if he starts threatening people that cant be tolerated....but if he reads this he will know that people do care about him.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:00 am

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I feel like you do about him....I have to say i was annoyed when he called me the c word the other day, and like others i tend to ignore him a lot when he starts....but he is always sorry afterwards, and it's hard to be mad at him for long.
Obviously if he starts threatening people that cant be tolerated....but if he reads this he will know that people do care about him.

Eds and I know how to get in touch with him, we've been communicating with him through all of this. And I don't think he's really a bad person.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:27 am

Classic Calabrian.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:26 am

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
eddie wrote:He made some threats to me and Ben basemented him indefinitely. Didge asked for his account to be deleted and Ben did so quite willingly as he was going to ban him anyway.

He threatened to send the police to eddie's house over that obviously joking Anne Frank comment that I put her up to in the first place, and said he'd keep me from ever coming to the UK.

Funny how some people will hold your dream hostage if they get pissed off at you. Taught me a lesson about opening up, really.

He assured us over and over again that he wouldn't really do that, but I don't know him and once someone has said something like that, it's really hard to trust them again.

Best to let things die down and let some time go by before we even start thinking about him coming back.

What Anne Frank comment? Was that recently?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:12 am

Why do people threaten others on forums? It's mostly chest thumping but when you have been really doxed by forum nutters, as I was, then it does make you realise that no matter how much you think you know a person behind a computer screen, you never really do.

The minute you start RL threats, you should be banned. It's inexcusable.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

Yeah, I dared Eds to go on his thread, I believe the title is "ARE JEWS INDIGENOUS TO ISRAEL? YES" and say something like this:

"You know, I've been doing some reading and I actually think those people cause more problems than they'd like to admit."

She toned it down quite a bit from that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:25 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yeah, I dared Eds to go on his thread, I believe the title is "ARE JEWS INDIGENOUS TO ISRAEL? YES" and say something like this:

"You know, I've been doing some reading and I actually think those people cause more problems than they'd like to admit."

I can't find that thread.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:14 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Syl wrote:

Eds and I know how to get in touch with him, we've been communicating with him through all of this. And I don't think he's really a bad person.

Thats good, and I am sure you are right, Didge can be abusive and nasty, but he is always sorry afterwards and he certainly isn't a bad person.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

It's not even important, raggs. I do vaguely remember didge going beserk over something eddie said but i thought that was some time ago.

thing is i made wild threats to ben just because something he said got to me so bad that i felt to kick him straight up the nuts where it would do the most damage. i cant really stand in judgement on didge but i am a bit concerned. when i did that i had to take some time out (not enforced by ben) and sort out my own issues rather than take things out on others. i've been there and it sucks.

i know 100% that i would never do anything IRL to hurt ben (for so many reasons) but ben or eddie cant be 100% sure about anything, they're not in my mind. i now feel sad that ben feels his trust has been misplaced and now didge has kinda confirmed that even more and i cant speak for how far didge might go in a fit of anger but i'd like to think he would never hurt ben

i'm not advocating that ben change his mind and ban me again but i feel is it unfair that i be given another chance and not didge?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:27 pm

I think you may need some time out for his own sake.
Things have been spiralling for a while.
I wouldn't like to see him gone for ever and hope he gets another chance.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Apart from when he "loses it" Didge posts some interesting articles that are very informative. Give him some time then let him back !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Okay I’ll say it again:

Didge ASKED for his account to be deleted and Ben wanted him gone for a while so it was actually a joint decision.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:33 pm

gelico wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's not even important, raggs.  I do vaguely remember didge going beserk over something eddie said but i thought that was some time ago.

thing is i made wild threats to ben just because something he said got to me so bad that i felt to kick him straight up the nuts where it would do the most damage.  i cant really stand in judgement on didge but i am a bit concerned.  when i did that i had to take some time out (not enforced by ben) and sort out my own issues rather than take things out on others.  i've been there and it sucks.

i know 100% that i would never do anything IRL to hurt ben (for so many reasons) but ben or eddie cant be 100% sure about anything, they're not in my mind.  i now feel sad that ben feels his trust has been misplaced and now didge has kinda confirmed that even more and i cant speak for how far didge might go in a fit of anger but i'd like to think he would never hurt ben

i'm not advocating that ben change his mind and ban me again but i feel is it unfair that i be given another chance and not didge?

I'd still like to know what was said in the thread which I can't find.

The trouble is that Didge constantly has fits of anger, which are rather offputting, although I doubt he'd do anything in real life.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Anyway, why all the drama? Didge's accounts are deleted all the time, at his request. He'd only had this one for a few days or a week.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Syl wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

Thats good, and I am sure you are right, Didge can be abusive and nasty, but he is always sorry afterwards and he certainly isn't a bad person.

I have never known didge to express regret or sorrow after a shit-fit. If it's even brought up again, he's right back at it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, why all the drama? Didge's accounts are deleted all the time, at his request. He'd only had this one for a few days or a week.

Agreed. It's like your menstrual cycle, you only worry if he doesn't come back.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, why all the drama? Didge's accounts are deleted all the time, at his request. He'd only had this one for a few days or a week.

Agreed.  It's like your menstrual cycle, you only worry if he doesn't come back.

lol!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Agreed.  It's like your menstrual cycle, you only worry if he doesn't come back.

hahahahaha love it! Have a green

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I have never known didge to express regret or sorrow after a shit-fit.  If it's even brought up again, he's right back at it.

I have seen him apologise, I think I may have even received one or two Cool ....funny quip btw Quill. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:19 am

nicko wrote:Apart from when he "loses it"   Didge posts some interesting articles that are very informative.   Give him some time then let him back !

He does but then so do others. You don't.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:23 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
nicko wrote:Apart from when he "loses it"   Didge posts some interesting articles that are very informative.   Give him some time then let him back !

He does but then so do others.  You don't.  

I don't either. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:23 am

gelico wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Just because a person goes through bad times, doesn't give them the right to be abusive to others? Why are some of you making excuses for his continued toddler tantrums and vile accusations? It's pathetic. He's never been any different since I joined here, and I doubt he'll change. And you can bet your life he's reading this right now if it's not in the private bit.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:27 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

He does but then so do others.  You don't.  

I don't either. Laughing

Is Didge coming back? 52895?AWSAccessKeyId=1XXJBWHKN0QBQS6TGPG2&Expires=1547424000&Signature=7arBaflcuxHztG%2Fu43Uwz8AHVOI%3D
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:31 am

This bad time he's going through - is it public knowledge? I don't think I've seen anything about it. If it's private, perhaps it shouldn't be mentioned?

I'm sure Ben will relent, Didge will be back, he'll start a thread to apologise to Ben and eddie, everyone willl say how fabulous he is, and it will be business as usual.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:36 am

H/T, if you mean I don't post interesting article, you are correct. When I first joined this Forum I said, " I don't post many articles, I prefer to comment on others posts". That's not a problem is it ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:01 pm

If people didnt comment on threads ...no matter who starts them, the forum would die a death pretty quickly.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:04 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
gelico wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Just because a person goes through bad times, doesn't give them the right to be abusive to others?   Why are some of you making excuses for his continued toddler tantrums and vile accusations?   It's pathetic.    He's never been any different since I joined here, and I doubt he'll change.   And you can bet your life he's reading this right now if it's not in the private bit.  

You are right of course...and most people who act like that I have no time for either, but for some odd unknown reason I (and others too) do have a soft spot for Didge.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:38 pm

I've been on the same forums as Didge for a good few years, at least on some, its obviously him, some its a good bet its him. He's always been opinionated and quite insulting and then apologetic. The last few years have seen quite an increase in his conviction that he is always right and anyone who doesn't agree is (fill in whatever insult ) It's all very similar to Inaflap leaving coming back, banned coming back, then here and there at the same time then he left for good or was banned for good from Flap, can't remember,.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Wolfie does quite a lot of insulting doesn't he,? I don't recall any one suggesting he should be banned !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:35 pm

nicko wrote:Wolfie does quite a lot of insulting doesn't he,? I don't recall any one suggesting he should be banned !

You don't do so bad yourself, Nicko. He that casts the first stone..........
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Example please !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:47 pm

nicko wrote:H/T, if you mean I don't post interesting article,  you are correct.  When I first joined this Forum I said, " I don't post many articles, I prefer to comment on others posts".  That's not a problem is it ?

Of course it's not a problem. But you act as though Didge is the only one starting threads on here, and that's not true.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Just because a person goes through bad times, doesn't give them the right to be abusive to others?   Why are some of you making excuses for his continued toddler tantrums and vile accusations?   It's pathetic.    He's never been any different since I joined here, and I doubt he'll change.   And you can bet your life he's reading this right now if it's not in the private bit.  

You are right of course...and most people who act like that I have no time for either, but for some odd unknown reason I (and others too) do have a soft spot for Didge.

I don't feel sorry for him either. Odd that, isn't it?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next