NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Devil simply “The dark side of God”?

+2
nicko
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Is the Devil simply “The dark side of God”? Empty Is the Devil simply “The dark side of God”?

Post by eddie Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:34 am

Okay this is a question I’ve been wrestling with the whole of my life. Let me start by saying that I don’t belive in the Bible version of God.

So for arguments sake, let’s take this question that God is a being that made us.

Don’t you think that The Devil is the just the dark side of himself? We all have a dark side, a side we don’t like, won’t admit to, can’t face....if God made us into an image of himself - bearing in mind we have freewill - then surely The Devil is our dark side ergo his dark side?

My real point is this: shouldn’t we explore the dark side of ourselves as well as the good/light of ourselve? And not only explore it but celebrate it?

(Please don’t debate the whole “Does God exist?” argument. This is a debate about accepting that He does).

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Is the Devil simply “The dark side of God”? Empty Re: Is the Devil simply “The dark side of God”?

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:46 am

Why do you presume that the devil is the bad side and the bibical god is good?

Lets have a simple history lesson

The view of a lucifer, is down to bad press by the bible

As Lucifer is not what is seen as portrayed by biblical myths Eddie

So lets say Satan

Well Satan is mentioned many times in the Old testament and is simple anm angel that does God's bidding

So lets start with Adam and Eve

God creates two humans with the mental capacity of toddlers

Then tells these grown humans that have the mental capacity of toddlers, that they cannot eat from the candy tree or the tree of life

I mean, it shows how cruel this god is. Knowing these children will be tempted and what is even worse its premeditated.

How often will a two year old obey a command not to eat candy?

God knows satan will tell Eve the truth, that if she eats the apple, she will be able to open her eyes and guess what she does. It makes her knowledgable. As it does with Adam.

So what does this God do.

Punish both of them, but infinately more Eve and her offspring. So badly, women have suffered off this sexist myth for over 2000 years

Seems to me Satan was the good one here and God was the evil fuck

Back to top Go down

Is the Devil simply “The dark side of God”? Empty Re: Is the Devil simply “The dark side of God”?

Post by nicko Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:08 am

Talking about Adam@Eve, I notice in Paintings they both have Navels !?????
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:41 am

eddie wrote:Okay this is a question I’ve been wrestling with the whole of my life. Let me start by saying that I don’t belive  in the Bible version of God.

So for arguments sake, let’s take this question that God is a being that made us.

Don’t you think that The Devil is the just the dark side of himself? We all have a dark side, a side we don’t like, won’t admit to, can’t face....if God made us into an image of himself - bearing in mind we have freewill - then surely The Devil is our dark side ergo his dark side?

My real point is this: shouldn’t we explore the dark side of ourselves as well as the good/light of ourselve? And not only explore it but celebrate it?

(Please don’t debate the whole “Does God exist?” argument. This is a debate about accepting that He does).

No point trying to enable souls to have free will if the only choice is love and light.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:40 pm

Have to agree with Didge on this one.
My J W friend reckons god was testing Adam and Eve's love for him, why? If their mentality was of a small child there would be no reason why they didn't adore such a god who provided all they needed.
If they were made in the image of god then itwould have a pretty good idea of the outcome of such a test and if omnipotent would definitely know the outcome.
I f this god was perhaps a technologically advanced being there's every chance they'd have a good and bad side. If it is a deity then its also good and bad, jealous and fallible by the way it behaves.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:32 am

eddie wrote:Okay this is a question I’ve been wrestling with the whole of my life. Let me start by saying that I don’t belive  in the Bible version of God.

for 'devil' part, most gods that man has conceived of are not perfect
Thor is dumb, Loki is an asshole etc
in Norse mythology not even the gods are perfect, because they are reflections of the imperfect but honest men that created them.
the idea of 'perfection' is just the projection of imperfect men that couldn't be 'honest' about their imperfection

For you real point, you are describing Taoism, a major component of Chinese Zen philosophy, and the component that i think makes the Chinese Buddhist philosophies better than the Hindu Buddhist even though both derive from the same original text. The classic symbol of Taoism is the ying-yang, the idea that completeness is equal parts ying(white) and yang(black) and that the yang contains some ying and the ying contains some yang.

Is the Devil simply “The dark side of God”? 260px-Yin_yang.svg
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:50 pm

Vintage wrote:Have to agree with Didge on this one.
My J W friend reckons god was testing Adam and Eve's love for him, why? If their mentality was of a small child there would be no reason why they didn't adore such a god who provided all they needed.
If they were made in the image of god then itwould have a pretty good idea of the outcome of such a test and if omnipotent would definitely know the outcome.
I f this god was perhaps a technologically advanced being there's every chance they'd have  a good and bad side. If it is a deity then its also good and bad, jealous and fallible by the way it behaves.  

Adam and Eve? Fairytales. As most of the Bible is, in my opinion.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by drsynne Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:43 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Vintage wrote:Have to agree with Didge on this one.
I f this god was perhaps a technologically advanced being there's every chance they'd have  a good and bad side. If it is a deity then its also good and bad, jealous and fallible by the way it behaves.  

Adam and Eve?  Fairytales.  As most of the Bible is, in my opinion.

Yes it was a tale, a fable. What it's ultimately suppossed to teach us is debatable. Perhaps that ignorance is bliss and knowledge comes at a price.

In Irish pagan beliefs we have the Goddess with three faces, maiden, mother and hag, these are different aspects of the one diety, the pure, the nurturing and caring and the harsh. I suspect there was probably some element of this at play with the Hebrew God because the idea of a multi faceted diety was pretty common.

Eastern religions have the concept of balance, ying and yang, a dark and a light side. Both essential to maintain balance in the universe, and cause chaos when they are out of alingment.

So I think there probably is a dark side to God and we reflect that in our spiritual natures.

drsynne
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down