NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former council leader agrees to pay back cash

5 posters

Go down

Former council leader agrees to pay back cash Empty Former council leader agrees to pay back cash

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Former council leader agrees to pay back cash 3122_4868

Disgraced former Leicestershire County Council leader David Parsons has agreed to pay back almost £2,400 for using the authority’s official limo on non-civic excursions.

The Blaby councillor who recently joined the UK Independence Party will pay the money back in installments up to September.

The first installment of £285.93 due on February 1 was received late on Friday February 7.

In November county councillors were told Mr Parsons had not accepted liability for the debt owed by him following the independent investigator’s conclusion he used the official car and chauffeur inappropriately.

However in a report to the county’s corporate governance committee councillors were told negotiations between legal teams for each party had thrashed out a settlement - despite Mr Parsons still continuing to dispute the debt.

Mr Parsons was forced to resign in July 2012 after nine years as leader following controversy over his travel expenses.

He quit the Tory party in November 2012 and was subject to an 18 month police investigation into alleged financial irregularities. A whistle-blower claimed Mr Parsons had delayed reimbursing the council with costs claimed for European travel.

Despite the lengthy inquiry police dropped the case against him in January but the county continued to pursue him for the £3,670 deemed owed from 26 trips he made using the council’s chauffeur-driven car during his time as leader.

A further two trips were classified as inappropriate use of the council chauffeur, given the short distances involved.

A county spokesman’s said the reduced settlement figure of £2,386.93 was agreed in the interests of reaching a legal agreement and avoiding further court costs.

Mr Parsons who represents the Blaby district council ward of Muxloe signed up to UKIP recently along with his councillor wife, Elizabeth.

Speaking on his move Mr Parsons said: “For many years I have served the people of Leicestershire as both a county and a district councillor and it has been an honour.

“Since resigning from the Conservative Party 18 months ago I have served as an independent councillor at Blaby District Council but now feel the time is right to align myself to UKIP.”

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/news/article/3122/former-council-leader-agrees-to-pay-back-cash

lol!  They'll take all the riff raff that lot!

Back to top Go down

Former council leader agrees to pay back cash Empty Re: Former council leader agrees to pay back cash

Post by Vintage Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:00 pm

Only someone so indoctrinated and carrying a huge chip on their shoulder could make such a comment.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Former council leader agrees to pay back cash Empty Re: Former council leader agrees to pay back cash

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Vintage wrote:Only  someone so indoctrinated and carrying a huge chip on their shoulder could make such a comment.

.....Racists....homophobes and now fraudsters!!!!!  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:03 pm

You know all of them do you?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:06 pm

A SCOTTISH Labour politician, currently suspended by the party, has appeared in court charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice. Glasgow councillor Sohan Singh appeared on petition at the city's Sheriff Court 10 days ago, along with another man, Mahesh Sharda.

Mr Singh was only elected to Glasgow City Council in May 2012 and represents the North East ward. A well-known businessman before becoming the first Sikh elected to political office in Scotland, he owns a raft of hotels, including Artto in Glasgow city centre and the Lorne Hotel in the west end.

He had been suspended from the Labour group on the council in late 2012 after admitting to using a disabled parking space while on business for the local authority. His current suspension from Scottish Labour is not related to his Glasgow Sheriff Court appearance on August 28.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/controversial-labour-councillor-charged.22077153

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Tess. wrote:A SCOTTISH Labour politician, currently suspended by the party, has appeared in court charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice.  Glasgow councillor Sohan Singh appeared on petition at the city's Sheriff Court 10 days ago, along with another man, Mahesh Sharda.  

Mr Singh was only elected to Glasgow City Council in May 2012 and represents the North East ward. A well-known businessman before becoming the first Sikh elected to political office in Scotland, he owns a raft of hotels, including Artto in Glasgow city centre and the Lorne Hotel in the west end.  

He had been suspended from the Labour group on the council in late 2012 after admitting to using a disabled parking space while on business for the local authority.  His current suspension from Scottish Labour is not related to his Glasgow Sheriff Court appearance on August 28.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/controversial-labour-councillor-charged.22077153

Stop diverting.
That should have it's own thread, not put onto this one.
 Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Catman wrote:
Tess. wrote:A SCOTTISH Labour politician, currently suspended by the party, has appeared in court charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice.  Glasgow councillor Sohan Singh appeared on petition at the city's Sheriff Court 10 days ago, along with another man, Mahesh Sharda.  

He had been suspended from the Labour group on the council in late 2012 after admitting to using a disabled parking space while on business for the local authority.  His current suspension from Scottish Labour is not related to his Glasgow Sheriff Court appearance on August 28.

Stop diverting.
 Rolling Eyes 
How is it diverting? The thread's about corrupt politicians. I bet for every UKIP one you can dig out I can find ten Labour ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

Stop diverting.
 Rolling Eyes 
How is it diverting?  The thread's about corrupt politicians.  I bet for every UKIP one you can dig out I can find ten Labour ones.

I would suggest that you read the thread title, this is not about corrupt politicians, but about a politician.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Yes this is about catman demonstrating the lack of political power UKIP has by using the vast amount of effort others are going to trying to discredit the party.

Of course I always thought that if something was powerless it did not need discrediting but if catman says otherwise.........

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:29 pm

dear mr catman, please stop looking and reporting on missdeeds by tory and ukip parties.please report on labours criminal acts,you will not have to spend too much time looking for them, they are all over the country. ps if this upsets you i understand.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:32 pm

I agree, if anyone's upset about Catman reporting things like this, the best thing to do would be to take stories like Tess's and make new threads about them. Not saying it doesn't belong here, but I don't think it's nearly as visible buried in someone else's thread than it would be on its own.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:38 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I agree, if anyone's upset about Catman reporting things like this, the best thing to do would be to take stories like Tess's and make new threads about them. Not saying it doesn't belong here, but I don't think it's nearly as visible buried in someone else's thread than it would be on its own.
I didn't want to do that because we'd end up with a board spammed with similar threads. At the end of the day it is about corrupt politicians - no need for endless threads about the same thing. (We had enough of that with Fatbob on the other site!). My point is that there are corrupt politicians of all persuasions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Catman wrote:

Stop diverting.
 Rolling Eyes 

Please explain this diverting is not the thread about corrupt politicians. Wasn't the rebuttal pointing out that fraud is common amongst politicians from all parties therefore it isn't off topic.

Are you saying we should have a new thread for everything it might get a bit disjointed if we go down that route.

Fraud is fraud I doesn't need a new thread for every politician. I can understtand if this thread was being diverted to benefits fraud for example.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Catman wrote:

Stop diverting.
 Rolling Eyes 

Please explain this diverting is not the thread about corrupt politicians. Wasn't the rebuttal pointing out that fraud is common amongst politicians from all parties therefore it isn't off topic.

Are you saying we should have a new thread for everything it might get a bit disjointed if we go down that route.

Fraud is fraud I doesn't need a new thread for every politician. I can understtand if this thread was being diverted to benefits fraud for example.

The thread was about a politician, and not politicians

Can't understand why you have brought up benefits fraud to this thread, can you please ellaborate on that, and what that has to do with this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:23 am

Phoenix wrote:
Catman wrote:

Stop diverting.
 Rolling Eyes 

Ok fair enough. Here's another one about parking in disabled bays...

Former council leader agrees to pay back cash 2Q==

George Osborne - Chancellor of the Exchequer no less.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:26 am

Well, they asked for that one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:39 am

Sassy wrote:Well, they asked for that one!

Trumps the lot in respect of government officials parking in disabled bays right enough. Unless someone can come up with the prime minister having done the same that is.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:39 am

I simply meant that your description of what is allowed on your thread is very very narrow. I felt that talking about fraud by other politicians to be on topic.

I live and learn.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:46 am

Agrees to pay back cash?

Send the thief to prison!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down