NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strict school that banned 'Meet Me At McDonald's' haircuts and ordered pupils to go to bed at 9.30pm angers parents again by bringing in experts to measure girls' skirts

+2
eddie
Raggamuffin
6 posters

Go down

Strict school that banned 'Meet Me At McDonald's' haircuts and ordered pupils to go to bed at 9.30pm angers parents again by bringing in experts to measure girls' skirts Empty Strict school that banned 'Meet Me At McDonald's' haircuts and ordered pupils to go to bed at 9.30pm angers parents again by bringing in experts to measure girls' skirts

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:02 pm

One of Britain's strictest headmasters has enraged parents once again after calling in staff from a school uniform shop to measure pupils' skirts.

The school defended the tactic because some girls were hitching up their skirts above the school-approved knee-length.

Barry Smith, head teacher of Great Yarmouth Charter Academy, has risked the wrath of parents in the past by banning the tousle-topped 'meet me at McDonald's' haircut and telling pupils when to go to bed and get up.

This time one parent called the hands-on approach to uniform policy 'a joke' while another said: 'Not best pleased that outside people are inspecting my daughter's uniform.'

Charter has once again defended its decision. This February Ofsted praised the school for a 'significant improvement in pupil behaviour' under the strict regime imposed since Charter took over Great Yarmouth High School in September 2017.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6293975/Strict-school-banned-Meet-McDonalds-haircuts-brings-experts-measure-girls-skirts.html

So we go from the view to allow people to wear religious items in school, to enforcing how other kids should conform. To what I can only class, as a back dated and very religiously based sexist principle on how kids can dress at school.

In other words, its idiot heads, that are sexualizing children and basically saying that wearing such clothes is sexualizing them. Never understanding that many of these teens going through puberty. Are at an age, where they are wholey ignorant in how to deal with how and what they attracted to. So the view to surpress these feelings, serves what purpose?

Seriously? How on earth is that helpingto teach such kids, to treat each other with respect by, poorly trying to supress how they will end up feeling later, see how each other gender dresses in later life?

What can i say, but the very fact, this head, thinks kids must bow down to such clothes restrictions.

Sharia law, anyone?

The more we do away with such daft rules and dumb school uniforms the better.

It in no way has any benefit on how kids perform at school

All it does is try to control children to conform to a certain view of dress, a conservative form of dress

hence sharia law

So the view is around unwanted sexual attention. So the view is to not help teach children how to treat girls properly growing up, but instead shield them from how they will end up interacting in later adult life.

This is typical backward leftist thinking and in no way helps to have children interact and treat each other with respect. It would rather place children in straight jackets and not teach them how to treat each other with respect. Hence religions have exceptions on school dress, but all others are restricted on what they can wear.

Where is the freedom in that?

I dispair daily, more and more at the absurd thinking by those on the left. As they are not dealing with actual problems, but trying to push that problem to one side. Never then tackling this issue, which will just simple rear its ugly head later, after they leave school. They claim problems have descreased, but for how long?

Once those kids leave school, there will be no restrictions and then what will they have achieved?

Nothing, as its trying to bury a problem for only a short time

To back this point and where we have had many immigrants come here and disrepsect women on how they dress. Is because they have not grown up around such restrictions on dress and the cultural attitudes they have grown up with.

Thus these views to restrict children in being individuals, will constantly backfire and end up having more girls, when they turn as women, face countless more problems. As its not teahing children how to adpat to adulthood.

Back to top Go down

Strict school that banned 'Meet Me At McDonald's' haircuts and ordered pupils to go to bed at 9.30pm angers parents again by bringing in experts to measure girls' skirts Empty Re: Strict school that banned 'Meet Me At McDonald's' haircuts and ordered pupils to go to bed at 9.30pm angers parents again by bringing in experts to measure girls' skirts

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:15 pm

I'm not sure why anyone has to measure the length of a skirt. If it's above the knees, it's pretty obvious anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Strict school that banned 'Meet Me At McDonald's' haircuts and ordered pupils to go to bed at 9.30pm angers parents again by bringing in experts to measure girls' skirts Empty Re: Strict school that banned 'Meet Me At McDonald's' haircuts and ordered pupils to go to bed at 9.30pm angers parents again by bringing in experts to measure girls' skirts

Post by eddie Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Our uniform policy was really strict when I was at school. We had to wear skirts below the knee. What’s wring with that?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:00 pm

I agree with school uniforms and I think the school has a right to lay down rules of how it should be worn.
In my own experience (I have a good memory) skirts were not hitched up to impress the boys, especially as from the age of 13 there were no boys to impress as the school was then segregated. Skirts were hitched up because it was fashionable and girls like to impress other girls at that age....if no rules are enforced God knows how far they would go.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:26 am

eddie wrote:Our uniform policy was really strict when I was at school. We had to wear skirts below the knee. What’s wring with that?

What is right with it? Unless you think there is something wrong with girls's legs?

Here is a classic example of dumb reasoning

Do we at any point ask boys not to wear shorts when they play sports or at school?

The reason there is nothing wrong with their legs and generally, teachers and people are not sexuallizing their legs.

Hence the problems is adults sexualizing girls legs

So why would the girls need to cover up their legs? at school with longer skirts?

They should not have to

Hence the absurdity of the view do enforce them to do so

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:28 am

Syl wrote:I agree with school uniforms and I think the school has a right to lay down rules of how it should be worn.
In my own experience (I have a good memory) skirts were not hitched up to impress the boys, especially as from the age of 13 there were no boys to impress as the school was then segregated. Skirts were hitched up because it was fashionable and girls like to impress other girls at that age....if no rules are enforced God knows how far they would go.

Really, and what right does any school have to dictate what people wear.
Such a warped view is why in some, they are forced to wear religious wear
Schools are not above the law
Nor does uniforms in anyway, benefit children or help them adapt or work hard into society
Its simple an archaic system, born from elitist bullshit, where its simple a form of control and denies individual freedom to children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:51 am

eddie wrote:Our uniform policy was really strict when I was at school. We had to wear skirts below the knee. What’s wring with that?

Nothing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:11 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

Nothing.

Why am i not surprised you are a slave to bad ideas

Most amusing, maybe you cam express what is good about uniforms, when many schools do not require them in the world, for children to excell at education?

Its simple a form of control and no surpise that you you love to be under control

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:30 am

one good thing about it, if there was no uniform pupils would come in their, own clothes, and you can be sure that the well off would be wearing the latest fashions , witch would mean those who's Parents can't afford them would have Children who would pester them and sulk until the Parents went into debt to buy them !

some would come in the latest
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:39 am

nicko wrote:one good thing about it,   if there was no uniform pupils would come in their, own clothes, and you can be sure that the well off would be wearing the latest fashions ,  witch would mean those who's Parents can't afford them would have Children who would pester them and sulk until the Parents went into debt to buy them !

some would come in the latest

Really?

Would they?

Considering I grew up with little, how do you think your view panned out?

Well off kids, already come to school with expensive fasionable shoes, shirts, jumpers and trainers

Hence that argument simple does not hold water and if the view is to teach children to be envious of what others have. Then clearly mate. Your teaching methods are wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:I agree with school uniforms and I think the school has a right to lay down rules of how it should be worn.

Nor does uniforms in anyway, benefit children or help them adapt or work hard into society
Its simple an archaic system, born from elitist bullshit, where its simple a form of control and denies individual freedom to children.

You have your opinion about school uniforms I have mine, and I have given my reasons in my previous post.

It must have been on the other thread about school uniforms....anyway, I gave my reasons.

Last edited by Syl on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

You have your opinion about school uniforms I have mine, and I have given my reasons in a previous post.

And my opinion of yours, is that your view is about as backward as it comes

How does that pan out for you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

You have your opinion about school uniforms I have mine, and I have given my reasons in a previous post.

I'm quite devastated. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

No problem. Maybe you need a man size tissue to get over it

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!

I have a box of them at my side...my cold has turned into man flu.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

lol!

That is called karma

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:20 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

That is called karma

Nope, it's called sitting in the dr's waiting room and being coughed on by the patient behind me. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

That is called karma

Nope, it's called sitting in the dr's waiting room and being coughed on by the patient behind me. Rolling Eyes

Maybe you should start trying not to bitch about other people, Its a sure sign, that negativity, leads to negative illnesses

My advice, is to stop acting nasty and be positive

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:26 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Maybe you should start trying not to bitch about other people, Its a sure sign, that negativity, leads to negative illnesses

More self projection.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

More self projection.

Actually its called some home truths

Let me know when you want to pipe down, from the fight you started, as happy to contiue, as long as you do

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

More self projection.

Let me know when you want to pipe down, from the fight you started, as happy to contiue, as long as you do

I'm not fighting, I am happy to debate any topic with civility....I am not the one trawling round several threads telling people they are talking bullshit and swearing at them. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:33 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

I'm not fighting, I am happy to debate any topic with civility....I am not the one trawling round several threads telling people they are talking bullshit and swearing at them. scratch

Strict school that banned 'Meet Me At McDonald's' haircuts and ordered pupils to go to bed at 9.30pm angers parents again by bringing in experts to measure girls' skirts 3489511464

So still bitching about me and thus continuing a fight

You could not make it up, how full of shit you are and clearly the only way you will learn, is the hard way. Hence this is all down to you. I will stop, when you learn to grow up

Strict school that banned 'Meet Me At McDonald's' haircuts and ordered pupils to go to bed at 9.30pm angers parents again by bringing in experts to measure girls' skirts 1716015268

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Strict school that banned 'Meet Me At McDonald's' haircuts and ordered pupils to go to bed at 9.30pm angers parents again by bringing in experts to measure girls' skirts 3489511464

You could not make it up, how full of shit you are and clearly the only way you will learn, is the hard way. Hence this is all down to you. I will stop, when you learn to grow up

Strict school that banned 'Meet Me At McDonald's' haircuts and ordered pupils to go to bed at 9.30pm angers parents again by bringing in experts to measure girls' skirts 1716015268

Didge...you are SO unaware of your shortcomings. I have humoured you long enough for today.....tara. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Didge...you are SO unaware of your shortcomings. I have humoured you long enough for today.....tara. x

ha ha ha, so still bitching about me, you seriously fail to see when you are

I have many faults and recognise them, maybe its about time, that you do with yourself. The fact you seem to want to bitch constantly about me, shows its me in control here and you fail to even see why

See ya

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Didge, re my post, it does happen. if you don't believe it, that's your prerogative As some one who has umpteen children, Grandchildren and Great-grandchildren,, and seen them all go to School and listened to their talk,and have a Son who's a Teacher I know it happens !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:01 pm

nicko wrote:Didge, re my post, it does happen. if you don't believe it, that's your prerogative  As some one who has umpteen children, Grandchildren and Great-grandchildren,, and seen them all go to School and listened to their talk,and have a Son who's a Teacher I know it happens !

Okay so some kids get jealous and your view then is to not deal with this, because when they leave school. They are going to interact, work, know people far better off than they are. So what is the point in shielding this whilst they are at school?

Seriously?

Or do you help people become adjusted to the reality, that they should come to learn to respect each other, no matter whether rich, poor, the colour of their skin, religious or no-religious etc?

Hence to me, to try to bury something under the carpet. In no way helps children learn to come to terms with people in everyday situations.

Imagine using your view with people of different ethnicities?

Should you segregate them into different classes?

When some kids are bigoted?

Or help dispell the many fears they can have learnt from from others?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Your reply makes no sense, you know I will not argue with you Didge, so i'll leave it at that. Have a good day mate .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:32 pm

nicko wrote:Didge, re my post, it does happen. if you don't believe it, that's your prerogative  As some one who has umpteen children, Grandchildren and Great-grandchildren,, and seen them all go to School and listened to their talk,and have a Son who's a Teacher I know it happens !

I agree with your points, I wrote this in a different thread yesterday.

"Same here, most schools, primary and secondary have a school uniform similar to what you describe.
Its good because it bonds kids if they are dressed the same, gives a sense of community and stops kids without the latest designer gear feeling left out.
To sell an item of clothing that by it's very nature separates a child from classmates by covering up her head,hair  and possibly half her face is in direct opposition to what a school uniform should do."
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:34 pm

nicko wrote:Your reply makes no sense,   you know I will not argue with you Didge, so i'll leave it at that.   Have a good day mate .

No worries mate, but it makes perfect sense to me

You cannot moddlecuddle children from the real world

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 am

I think school uniforms are good
but they don't have to suck
which the British ones do

it's time they were modernized
Ungendered polo-shirts
mix of shorts, trousers, skirts and culottes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:34 am

veya_victaous wrote:I think school uniforms are good
but they don't have to suck
which the British ones do

it's time they were modernized
Ungendered polo-shirts
mix of shorts, trousers, skirts and culottes

Razz

British school uniforms remind me of what the private Aussie schools were like in the 1980s, and our public schools in the 1960s...

One of the best reasons for sticking with some kind of uniform is to avoid the competition, group identities and gang affiliations problems that have long been obvious in many parts of the US and Canada..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down