NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming

+9
D M Digger
Ben Reilly
HoratioTarr
veya_victaous
Vintage
Fred Moletrousers
Tommy Monk
Andy
eddie
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming Empty Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming

Post by eddie Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm

When the prime minister is sweating profusely, tripping over her words and chewing on her own gums as if lost on the way back from the dance tent at Glastonbury at 4am, well, it’s not unfair to come to that conclusion

Theresa May’s problem is that she is fundamentally a decent, functional human being. She is not struck down with the Messiah complex. She does not lie easily or well.

So when she stands on stage at a press conference, her teeth gnashing, her eyes wide and wild, as if everything has gone utterly terribly wrong and she hasn’t got the first clue what she is going to do about it, then you can be absolutely sure it’s because everything has indeed gone utterly terribly wrong, and she hasn’t got the first clue what she is going to do about it.

She had been humiliated, and then she was forced to humiliate herself. She had thought this informal summit of EU leaders in Salzburg would be the final breakthrough on an exit deal from the European Union.

But there has been no breakthrough. There is still a chasm of empty space between her red lines and the European Union’s. The question of the Irish border appears unresolvable.

Either Northern Ireland stays in the single market and the customs union, or the whole of the UK does, or there is no deal. None of these options are satisfactory for the UK.

That white paper is the one that set out how a frictionless border could be maintained on the island of Ireland, without Northern Ireland remaining in the customs union. She had gone to Salzburg on this advice, where she found out, in the full glare of the public spotlight, that the game remains exactly the same.

As the phrase goes, nothing has changed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-salzburg-eu-summit-brexit-chequers-humiliation-row-political-crisis-a8547551.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1537473128

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming Empty Re: Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming

Post by Andy Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:01 pm

Looks increasing likely that Nicko and Didge are going to get the catastrophic crash and burn no deal Brexit they so yearn.
The UK could be fucked.

At least we can justifiably turn our wrath on those idiots who swallowed Farage's and Boris's Brexit bus lies..
Gullible morons.

Last edited by Angry Andy on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming Empty Re: Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming

Post by eddie Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:04 pm

There’s a part in that article that I didn’t post up

I may start a new thread on it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:43 pm

No deal is better than a bad deal!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:00 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Looks increasing likely that Nicko and Didge are going to get the catastrophic crash and burn no deal Brexit they so yearn.
The UK could be fucked.

At least we can justifiably turn our wrath on those idiots who swallowed Farage's and Boris's Brexit bus lies..
Gullible morons.

The EU attitude can best be summed up as "pour encourager les autres."

Don't forget that the EU President, the Commissioners and their rottweiler Barnier, none of whom have been elected by popular mandate, have scant regard for, or indeed respect of, the democratic process.

In the past both the Dutch and the Irish were forcibly reminded that a national vote against EU diktat would not be tolerated, and their governments meekly bowed to Brussels...and organised another referendum.

Juncker, Tusk, Barnier et al are absolutely terrified that if/when Britain begins to benefit from casting aside the shackles of EU membership, other countries - mainly the newest entrants from Eastern Europe but increasingly Germany and Italy - will wish to go down the same route.

But then, when you have the peoples of 28 proud European nations bowing the knee to someone like the pretentious Commission President Jean-Claude Druncker, er, Juncker, a politician who attained the dizzy heights of Prime Minister of a Ruritanian "Grand Duchy" with an economy worth about half that of the UK's second city of Birmingham, what the hell do you expect?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No deal is better than a bad deal!

What about this, taken from the same article?

May stated, several times, that “there will be no second referendum” and that “the people have already made their choice”. Politicians can end up with catch phrases like this because they are constantly asked the same question. Like David Cameron, saying over and over again that he would not quit if he lost the referendum. And Theresa May, saying at least 20 times that she would not call a general election.

They are forced to repeat these answers so many times because nobody believes them. Over the coming months, the more you hear Theresa May ruling out a second referendum, and the more she seeks to shift the blame on to Labour, heaping pressure on them to clarify their position, you can be sure it is because the likelihood of a second referendum is growing.

It may yet be the only way out of the mess. And the mess has never been clearer to see, more nakedly demonstrated, than in Theresa May’s eight mad minutes in front of the cameras in Salzburg. It was the lowest moment of her premiership thus far, and that very much includes the time she was being openly mocked by a lord with a bucket on his head.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Moley... don't forget the French said no too... !

And Eddie... don't believe anything from any pro EU media source...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:24 pm

eddie wrote:There’s a part in that article that I didn’t post up

How about you just lay your cards on the table and say whether you wish to be within the EU or not?

Do wish to be ruled by British idiots or a bunch of collective European idiots?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Didge wrote:

How about you just lay your cards on the table and say whether you wish to be within the EU or not?

hahaha, well quite

at present we can at least vote out the current bunch of british idiots and elect a completely different bunch of british idiots, giving us a nice comfortable illusion of living in a democracy and thinking our voice makes a difference

you don't know you're in prison if you can't see the bars

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:33 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

hahaha, well quite

at present we can at least vote out the current bunch of british idiots and elect a completely different bunch of british idiots, giving us a nice comfortable illusion of living in a democracy and thinking our voice makes a difference

you don't know you're in prison if you can't see the bars

Indeed Gelico and in principle I am pro EU, but I see how it has become very much authoritiarian

Which really concerns me

Hence my point

It reminds me of the film Patriot

Benjamin Martin: Why should I agree to swap one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:08 pm

Re : Angry Andy 's post Why do remainers think everyone who voted to leave the EU only did so because they lapped up ever word by leave politicians and that they have questionable intelligence. I don't know anyone who took much notice of either sides propaganda. There are many of us who can actually think for ourselves and do some research and take on actual experience of the years of us being in the EU. We don't need to be spoon fed party propaganda and we don't believe all we are told, we question.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:55 pm

Didge wrote:

Huh? Why must I lay any cards on any table when the thread isn’t about me?

If you want to ask me what I voted and why, (even though I said at the time), then simply ask without a confrontational tone.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:10 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Huh? Why must I lay any cards on any table when the thread isn’t about me?

If you want to ask me what I voted and why, (even though I said at the time), then simply ask without a confrontational tone.

Is that what i asked?

Seriously?

Do you wish to be ruled by British people democratically voted for a bunch of British idiots to lead our nation. Or do you want European people, not voted for by the British people to lead our nation?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:14 pm

I don’t wish to be ruled by any idiots, didge, why would I?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:17 pm

eddie wrote:I don’t wish to be ruled by any idiots, didge, why would I?

Talk about avoiding the actual question and you claim to be honest

Bollocks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:54 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:I don’t wish to be ruled by any idiots, didge, why would I?

Bollocks

I am honest. You haven’t asked me a question that I haven’t answered.
Perhaps, you’re asking the wrong question.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:56 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Bollocks

I have given you an option on the present situation

Which is what and why most people voted on

Maybe you never voted, who cares, but what would you rather

You are simple dodging the question and the amount of hoo-ha you made when smelly posed his question about saving a black and white man on a cliff egde. Shows you are dodging the question

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:13 pm

I have answered your question about which type of IDIOT I want to rule me.
I replied “NO IDIOT”

So what is your question?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:15 pm

eddie wrote:I have answered your question about which type of IDIOT I want to rule me.
I replied “NO IDIOT”

So what is your question?

Dodged again

You have a choice, either or

Which can govern the country?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:05 am

Are you asking me how I voted? Because you have t actually said it. I’m not avoiding giving an answer, you’re avoiding asking the question.

So what is it, you’re asking me?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:22 am

eddie wrote:Are you asking me how I voted? Because you have t actually said it. I’m not avoiding giving an answer, you’re avoiding asking the question.

So what is it, you’re asking me?

I think its very clear what I was asking you

You do not want to answer no problem. I will hold this in memory to pull you up next time

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:34 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Bollocks

there is no room 101

Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:06 am

Didge wrote:

Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming UHh4KPM

the most accurate political assessment of the situation I've heard yet Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:36 pm

I have been asked if I’d rather one bunch of idiots rule me over another bunch of idiots.
I don’t want any idiots to rule me. I couldn’t be clearer.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:51 pm

eddie wrote:Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming 61645241

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:40 pm

eddie wrote:I have been asked if I’d rather one bunch of idiots rule me over another bunch of idiots.
I don’t want any idiots to rule me.  I couldn’t be clearer.

Ok...

Let's rephrase the question...

Do you think that it should be up to our nationally democratically elected MPs/Govt/parliament to make/change/control our law/rules/regulations here in UK...?

Or do you think all of this should be decided by a group of foreigners in a building somewhere in a totally different country, and then dictated to this country for our national govt/parliament to obey...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:I have been asked if I’d rather one bunch of idiots rule me over another bunch of idiots.

Ok...

Do you think that it should be up to our nationally democratically elected MPs/Govt/parliament to make/change/control our law/rules/regulations here in UK...?

Or do you think all of this should be decided by a group of foreigners in a building somewhere in a totally different country, and then dictated to this country for our national govt/parliament to obey...?

hello tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming 61645241

Don’t edit my posts ever again.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:16 pm

eddie wrote:

Seriously get a sense of humour

Or jog on

Dont "ever" tell me what to do, as you wont next time like my response

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Looks increasing likely that Nicko and Didge are going to get the catastrophic crash and burn no deal Brexit they so yearn.
The UK could be fucked.

Gullible morons.

A no deal? Exactly what the EU is dreading. America and China are waiting in the wings. All this in spite of customs inspections and trade tariffs. The whole of Europe are waiting and and watching and once we leave, plenty will want to follow suit.

People seem to forget what it was like 40 odd years ago in this country. We got through that, like we'll get through this. The problem is people have become soft and needy and grasping. They want cheap clothes made with the blood of cheap labour, 50 kinds of each food on our supermarket shelves. It might be a good thing for the nation to step back and hone it down.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:20 pm

And judging by the above and why Eddie continues to dodge the question. Is that she wishes to rule with an iron fist over us

For goodness sake it was made light heartedly and for you to respond like that Eddie was pathetic

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:32 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Or jog on

I’m telling you not to edit my posts.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:33 pm

Didge wrote:And judging by the above and why Eddie continues to dodge the question. Is that she wishes to rule with an iron fist over us

For goodness sake it was made light heartedly and for you to respond like that Eddie was pathetic

I don’t think it’s ethical to edit someone’s posts, I don’t do it and never have.

So don’t edit my posts.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:35 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Or jog on

You can tell me all you like, best get used to disappointed and not bothered if you act, over something that was posted in humour. I never altered your words. I simple deleted them to add a funny meme, based on you dodging questions

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:08 am

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Or jog on

You can tell me all you like, best get used to disappointed and not bothered if you act, over something that was posted in humour. I never altered your words. I simple deleted them to add a funny meme, based on you dodging questions

Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation confirms that a full blown political crisis is coming 1132368643
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:10 am

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Or jog on

Well here’s thing. I don’t care what you choose to edit my post with, just don’t do it.
I’ve never done it to you and I don’t care for it.

Now I’ve asked you nicely. Next time I won’t.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:13 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Well here’s thing. I don’t care what you choose to edit my post with, just don’t do it.
I’ve never done it to you and I don’t care for it.

You never did ask nicely in the first place and when you actually do, then I will listen to you

How much does civility cost Eddie?

Nothing, so try using it next time

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:21 am

It irritated me and I am never false in my replies. If I’d asked you nicely that would’ve been me, being fake.

There you go.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:24 am

eddie wrote:It irritated me and I am never false in my replies. If I’d asked you nicely that would’ve been me, being fake.

There you go.

So you just lied and contradicted yourself

eddie wrote:

So you admitted you did not ask me nicely 

wow

Dont worry I wont dare blaspheme again by posting something funny in your post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:58 am

Yep, I asked you as nicely as I could whilst being irritated. Has anyone ever told you that you split hairs?

It’s okay, sometimes I split hairs when I’m arguing with someone and the subject matters. So I get your point.

But still. Don’t edit my posts again.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:03 am

eddie wrote:Yep, I asked you as nicely as I could whilst being irritated. Has anyone ever told you that you split hairs?

It’s okay, sometimes I split hairs when I’m arguing with someone and the subject matters. So I get your point.

Its not about splitting hairs, you contradicted yourself and now are trying to get out of that and to be honest I simple do not care now

Well the same applies with me. Do not expect me to take kindly how you posted to me, barking an order and then not have blowback

You now have passed your bad mood onto me

So

Bravo, thanks and goodnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:10 am

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Yep, I asked you as nicely as I could whilst being irritated. Has anyone ever told you that you split hairs?

Its not about splitting hairs, you contradicted yourself and now are trying to get out of that and to be honest I simple do not care now

Well the same applies with me. Do not expect me to take kindly how you posted to me, barking an order and then not have blowback

So

hahahaha that sounded so comical. that particular expression reminds me of my dad when he's pissed off with something one of us has said,,,,he normally adds ''dont call us, we'll call you''

ps, what does ''not have blowback'' mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:16 am

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

So

hahahaha that sounded so comical.  that particular expression reminds me of my dad when he's pissed off with something one of us has said,,,,he normally adds ''dont call us, we'll call you''

ps, what does ''not have blowback'' mean?

lol, that would have sounded better Gelico and thank for for making me smile.

Apologies for being frustrated on the other thread, which was born from this. So nothing personal. This just annoyed me, when I was only trying to be light hearted. Clearly that failed. Rolling Eyes

"Blowback is a term originating from within the American Intelligence community, denoting the unintended consequences, unwanted side-effects, or suffered repercussions of a covert operation that fall back on those responsible for the aforementioned operations."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:26 am

Didge wrote:

So

Goodnight, Didge. I can assure you she's in a fantastic mood, because I've been talking to her the whole time.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:27 am

blowback

negative reactions or results that were not intended, such as criticism, protest, or anger:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/blowback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:29 am

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Didge wrote:

So

Goodnight, Didge. I can assure you she's in a fantastic mood, because I've been talking to her the whole time.

You call that fantastic?

wow

I am not going, I just said goodnight to Eddie, as I do not want to be drawn into such stupidity with her

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:39 am

Didge wrote:

So

I’m not in a bad mood. I said you irritated me. And you did. But my moods rarely last long and irritation on a forum is kinda not high on my list of things to dwell on.

Sorry you are now in a bad mood.

That’s kinda weird.....but still.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:42 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

So

I’m not in a bad mood. I said you irritated me. And you did. But my moods rarely last long and irritation on a forum is kinda not high on my list of things to dwell on.

I am not, as gelico made me smile, with another wonderful memory

And I dont hold grudges as you well know

Seriously though, your reaction to me posting the meme and deleted your words was ridiculous and believe its more about me questioning your integrity in failing to answer a simple question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:45 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Ok...

By the way Eddie, you even dodged Tommy's refined question

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:08 am

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

So

I am not, as gelico made me smile, with another wonderful memory

And I dont hold grudges as you well know

Seriously though, your reaction to me posting the meme and deleted your words was ridiculous and believe its more about me questioning your integrity in failing to answer a simple question

I never dodge questions. I asked you many times to ask me the RIGHT question.

And let me tell you something, I’m not in a bad mood because I’m speaking to my husband and it all makes sense when I look into his eyes. Hell yes.

So please, let’s leave it there.

I’ll answer Tommy’s post when I’m ready.  Right now, I’m not, because I’m not a robot.

Have a good evening.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next