NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the background of future Party...

Go down

Should the background of future Party... Empty Should the background of future Party...

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:48 pm

leaders be taken more consideration before becoming future Prime Minister's?...

Look at Cameron...a life of wealth , born into money, and wasn't his father who descends form the a Cameron Clan around Inverness some kind of Lord or something?

Then on the other foot we have Gordon Brown, who came from no such background and worked his way up through the Westminster ranks to a level headed ,mi biased PM who had a firm grasp of poverty...

Of course we had Margaret Thatcher, the Greengrocers daughter, but had the mindset of a true snob instilled at a very early age...

And yes, Tony Blair did attend Fetes school, a good one at that, but with his feet and mindset still firmly on the ground and on real issues such as poverty, education and health.

I dread to think there could be another RW government, we only have to hear Esther Mcvey talk to think she was normal and all for the hard working low paid people, but here actions and views are anything but.

BA says he had a knecky with her btw, but I don't believe him. Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Should the background of future Party... Empty Re: Should the background of future Party...

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Rose tinted spectacles does not begin to describe your political affliction JD

Back to top Go down

Should the background of future Party... Empty Re: Should the background of future Party...

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Yes, the background of our leaders should be put under the microscope - we must never ever let another Brown rise so high.

I want the best of the best to run my country - the best breeding, an excellent ejumacation and a ruthless leader.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:06 pm

sphinx wrote:Rose tinted spectacles does not begin to describe your political affliction JD

Ah, Mother has come to give me a telling off! Laughing  I was expecting you !!!!

Can you tell me how facts can be rose tinted specs Sphinx? :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:24 pm

I think someone born a commoner, worked up the ranks would have a good understanding of the plight of the general population.

The biggest cry against politicians is that they have no idea, no connection with the average person...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:42 pm

heavenly father wrote:I think someone born a commoner, worked up the ranks would have a good understanding of the plight of the general population.

The biggest cry against politicians is that they have no idea, no connection with the average person...

...that is exactly what I mean Favva!!! :D 

Those born into money never have a grasp of poverty, just look at J.K Rowling...struggles for years , single mother, skint...then gone not to be multi millionaire, a good one too...she reminds me of Gordon Brown giving so much of her income to charities ....and she is a level headed Labour supporte!! cheers

Much different the greedy type of millionaire who were often born into money ,miso have no grasp or understanding of poverty or struggles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Joy Division wrote:
heavenly father wrote:I think someone born a commoner, worked up the ranks would have a good understanding of the plight of the general population.

...that is exactly what I mean Favva!!! :D 

Those born into money never have a grasp of poverty, just look at J.K Rowling...struggles for years , single mother, skint...then gone not to be multi millionaire, a good one too...she reminds me of Gordon Brown giving so much of her income to charities ....and she is a level headed Labour supporte!! cheers

Much different the greedy type of millionaire who were often born into money ,miso have no grasp or understanding of poverty or struggles.

it is true, even when they blab on about the average wage earnings are, they must be mad, some places could never earn anything like what they talk about and scrape from one day to the next to eat and stay warm, when he have an idiot living as the rich and famous saying we must tighten our belts, how does he tighten his belt...

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Joy Division wrote:leaders be taken  more consideration before becoming future Prime Minister's?...

Look at Cameron...a life of wealth , born into money, and wasn't his father who descends form the a Cameron Clan around Inverness some kind of Lord or something?

Then on the other foot we have Gordon Brown, who came from no such background and worked his way up through the Westminster ranks to  a level headed ,mi biased PM who had a firm grasp of poverty...

Of course we had Margaret Thatcher, the Greengrocers daughter, but had the mindset of a true snob instilled at a very early age...

And yes, Tony Blair did attend Fetes  school, a good one at that, but with his feet and mindset still firmly on the ground and on real issues such as poverty, education and health.

I dread to think there could be another RW government, we only have to hear Esther Mcvey talk to think she was normal and all for the hard working low paid people, but here actions and views are anything but.

BA says he had a knecky  with her btw, but I don't believe him. Laughing 

JD, you and I ain't going to fight over it, but that was genuinely the funniest overview of UK party political leadership that I have ever read.

Even Brother Scrat at his most manic hasn't managed to produce anything to match that.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Joy Division wrote:leaders be taken  more consideration before becoming future Prime Minister's?...

Then on the other foot we have Gordon Brown, who came from no such background and worked his way up through the Westminster ranks to  a level headed ,mi biased PM who had a firm grasp of poverty...

And yes, Tony Blair did attend Fetes  school, a good one at that, but with his feet and mindset still firmly on the ground and on real issues such as poverty, education and health.

BA says he had a knecky  with her btw, but I don't believe him. Laughing 

JD, you and I ain't going to fight over it, but that was genuinely the funniest overview of UK party political leadership that I have ever read.

Even Brother Scrat at his most manic hasn't managed to produce anything to match that.

...come now Edmund, you know what I said has much truth to it..

It's logical as we were seeing again with Dave's OTT too deep too quick austerity measures, amd I'm sure brother Scrat will agree with  me on that...

Dave and a George are perfect examples as to why those born I to money make terrible chancellors and Prime Ministers.

...a good Prime Minister with a grasp of poverty will have lived through financially very hard times themselves Ed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:49 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Yes, the background of our leaders should be put under the microscope - we must never ever let another Brown rise so high.

I want the best of the best to run my country - the best breeding, an excellent ejumacation and a ruthless leader.

Of course they should be fully scrutinised, BA, but constitutionally the right of choosing a leader rests - quite properly - with the political party concerned and it is then up to that leader to face the country at the head of his party and to seek the ultimate endorsement - that of the electorate.

Unless I have got it wrong, JD appears to suggest some sort of system under which the backgrounds of potential party leaders should be scrutinised for ""correctness" from outside the party structure as is the present requirement.

But by whom? A nd under what criteria?

JD doesn't like Margaret Thatcher's departure from her "working class" roots and obviously would have eliminated her on those grounds had he been on some sort of selection body.

Likewise, he would disregard Blair's original "toff" status on the grounds that he had somehow metamorphosed into a good ol' working class lad.

Like you, I also want the best of the best to run the country, and frankly I don't mind whether that person is the son of a titled member of the landed gentry who went to Eton or a dustcart driver turned politician who went to East Cheam Secondary Modern.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Sorry, JD, I wasn't really poking fun at your post and I've tried to respond with a bit more decorum subsequently.

It's just that your implied sterotypes are wonderful...Cameron's only real experience in life was polishing his dad's coronet; Thatcher escaping from the drudgery of serving bottles of Fairy Liquid in her pa's corner shop in Grantham and becoming a sort of latter day Queen Cleopatra; Gordon Brown giving up the day job of carting coal (or helping his dad polish the church silver) and going on to save the world and Blair casting off his posh Fetes Academy uniform and changing into a dustman's kecks.

Somehow I don't think the world of politics works like that.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:02 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

...come now Edmund, you know what I said has much truth to it..

It's logical as we were seeing again with Dave's OTT too deep too quick austerity measures, amd I'm sure brother Scrat will agree with  me on that...

Dave and a George are perfect examples as to why those born I to money make terrible chancellors and Prime Ministers.

...a good Prime Minister with a grasp of poverty will have lived through financially very hard times themselves Ed.

Ps. It rather looks as though George is doing rather well at the moment. Personally, I hope it lasts - but I bet the Labour Party doesn't.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Sorry, JD, I wasn't really poking fun at your post and I've tried to respond with a bit more decorum subsequently.

It's just that your implied sterotypes are wonderful...Cameron's only real experience in life was polishing his dad's coronet; Thatcher escaping from the drudgery of serving bottles of Fairy Liquid in her pa's corner shop in Grantham and becoming a sort of latter day Queen Cleopatra; Gordon Brown giving up the day job of carting coal (or helping his dad polish the church silver) and going on to save the world and Blair casting off his posh Fetes Academy uniform and changing into a dustman's kecks.

...I know you weren't Ed, I look forward to your replies  :D 

Bit to somehow suggest that Brown was somehow ell of by polishing the silver is a not far from the truth....

And yes, Tony did attend fetes school and perhaps was jot short of a few Bob, but that just goes to show one can still have money, yet understand poverty!!!...not very often though!

Tony, like Gordon, was a man of the lower paid hard workers and he never had the mindset of a toff Ed, so it can be done!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:Sorry, JD, I wasn't really poking fun at your post and I've tried to respond with a bit more decorum subsequently.

Bit to somehow suggest that Brown was somehow ell of by polishing the silver is a not far from the truth....

And yes, Tony did attend fetes school and perhaps was jot short of a few Bob, but that just goes to show one can still have money, yet understand poverty!!!...not very often though!

Tony, like Gordon, was a man of the lower paid hard workers and he never had the mindset of a toff Ed, so it can be done!!

Well, Gordon Brown's dad was an ordained minister, so polishing the church silver would have been appropriate. I wonder whether he was paid pocket money for it and declared it on his tax return?

But oh, I think the Blessed Tony enjoys his "toff" status and that Cherie enjoys even more being a "toffess." They certainly appear to have gone overboard on buying various "des. res." in order to be alongside the celebrities who seem to form their circle of friends these days.

Still, why should I feel envious? My own dear friend is President of the local Women's Institute, and in these 'ere buccolic parts you don't get much more "celeb" than that!

Ps: I shall be popping over the border into Bonny Scotland later in the year...going to have a break in my most favourite spot, Lindisfarne, within spittin distance of the border. You won't have me arrested as an illegal immigrant, will you? And can I use my free English bus pass further north than St Abb's Head?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:52 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Well, Gordon Brown's dad was an ordained minister, so polishing the church silver would have been appropriate. I wonder whether he was paid pocket money for it and declared it on his tax return?

But oh, I think the Blessed Tony enjoys his "toff" status and that Cherie enjoys even more being a "toffess." They certainly appear to have gone overboard on buying various "des. res." in order to be alongside the celebrities who seem to form their circle of friends these days.

Still, why should I feel envious? My own dear friend is President of the local Women's Institute, and in these 'ere buccolic parts you don't get much more "celeb" than that!

Ps: I shall be popping over the border into Bonny Scotland later in the year...going to have a break in my most favourite spot, Lindisfarne, within spittin distance of the border. You won't have me arrested as an illegal immigrant, will you? And can I use my free English bus pass further north than St Abb's Head?

...oh yes...the church silver!, not Gordon's  Laughing 

Of course you will be most welcome in Scotland Ed, just don't consume too much whiskey or steal the salmon  Laughing 

I myself love the west highlands  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Of course you will be most welcome in Scotland Ed, just don't consume too much whiskey or steal the salmon  Laughing 

I shall sedately sip God's own brew, and I promise not to lay a finger on your salmon...unless it's en croute and on a plate, of course.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:33 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I shall sedately sip God's own brew, and I promise not to lay a finger on your salmon...unless it's en croute and on a plate, of course.

Laughing 

Well have Dozen Salmon won't harm, that's your allow ace for only being quarter Scots Ed  Laughing 

If you were the other 3/4, you could have had a whole two dozen  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Laughing 

Well have Dozen Salmon won't harm, that's your allow ace for only being  quarter Scots Ed  Laughing 

I adore salmon en croute so much that it might be worth marrying Mrs MacSporran to get my hands on a couple of dozen of 'em!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Laughing 

Well have Dozen Salmon won't harm, that's your allow ace for only being  quarter Scots Ed  Laughing 

I adore salmon en croute so much that it might be worth marrying Mrs MacSporran to get my hands on a couple of dozen of 'em!

...please forgive my previous typo errors Ed, this iPad has a mind of its own!

Never bothered with salmon myself, but your post does sound a bit fishy!!..not content with your share of four, you want the whole lot! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down