NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl 16 takes 2 year old daughter to the prom with her.

4 posters

Go down

Girl 16 takes 2 year old daughter to the prom with her. Empty Girl 16 takes 2 year old daughter to the prom with her.

Post by Syl Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:57 am

I cant imagine how the young girl and her parents felt when they discovered she was pregnant at 13, but this story is quite heart warming. She had a beautiful baby girl, with the help of her family she managed to keep the baby, carry on with her school work, finish her courses and do really well, and now, dressed in a party dress, the little girl accompanies her mum as she goes  to the prom.
I love a happy ending.  Smile

"A 16 year-old mother who fell pregnant aged just 13 took her two-year-old daughter to prom to defy cruel classmates who said she would never finish school.
Kayleigh Danielle Molloy Snaith, from Stanley, Co Durham, finished seven GCSE courses all while raising her happy, healthy toddler, Harley Snaith.
Now she has shared heartwarming snaps of her and her blonde-haired daughter in prom dresses to celebrate finishing school and to prove wrong her cruel classmates who said she had ruined her life."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5973801/Co-Durhan-teen-mother-took-two-year-old-daughter-prom.html

Girl 16 takes 2 year old daughter to the prom with her. 4E6D6BC500000578-5973801-image-m-26_1532076420211
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Girl 16 takes 2 year old daughter to the prom with her. Empty Re: Girl 16 takes 2 year old daughter to the prom with her.

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Lovely story, for two lovely little girls.

Kudos also for "the help of her family [with whose support] she managed to keep the baby, carry on with her school work, finish her courses and do really well."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Girl 16 takes 2 year old daughter to the prom with her. Empty Re: Girl 16 takes 2 year old daughter to the prom with her.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:38 pm

It is beautiful and shows again why its wrong to judge people superficially

What a great mother this young lady is

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:51 pm

I bet this little girl, with the determination and bravery she has shown at such a young age, will do well in life.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:55 pm

Syl wrote:I bet this little girl, with the determination and bravery she has shown at such a young age, will do well in life.

I agree and why its so wrong if others judge her based on her having a child so young

Sadly, some people are so superficial and judge people how they look and by actions perceived to be wrong by others.

She rightly is a good person and cares so much about her daughter

She is a gift to the world and even more for telling her story to the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:I bet this little girl, with the determination and bravery she has shown at such a young age, will do well in life.

I agree and why its so wrong if others judge her based on her having a child so young

Sadly, some people are so superficial and judge people how they look and by actions perceived to be wrong by others.

Nobody judged this little girl on her looks.

I can imagine the coments she got when she became pregnant though, but she and her family have proved everyone wrong.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:06 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

I can imagine the coments she got when she became pregnant though, but she and her family have proved everyone wrong.

I agree they never did, so why do you?

Not here of course, but its interesting you clearly think it would be wrong to do so

I look at it this way

She is young and naive and having a child help her grow up very fast and actually show how mature she actually is

She proved many people wrong

I wish you would take an example out of that, as you judge people superficially, as she has been through. Where clearly people claimed she would not be able to raise a child. She proved them wrong. You though shit on people for coming forward (selectively clearly, as you have no issue here) when they have been wronged and you do not like the way they look.

That makes you as poor and as judgemental as any schoolkid who has been to her.

You do realise that?

You judge a person based on some comments on face book and pictures and decided you actually knew what they were like

Truth being told, it showed up, the worst in you Syl, when I know there is so much good in you. For you to judge someone based on not knowing them, on looks. Is the same as my friend being cast as not disabled, based on looking able bodied and never knowing she has a basic death sentence

So I am only trying to advise you hear

You can ignore or take heed, but you prejudge people badly. Based on sterotypes

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:08 pm

Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Syl wrote:Rolling Eyes

I hope my point hit home

Hope you feel better soon and I mean that

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:24 pm

Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:43 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:Rolling Eyes

I hope my point hit home

x
Thats the sort of obvious remark a manipulative abuser would say to his partner to knock her confidence when he realises the badgering and insults  havent worked. Evil or Very Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:04 am

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

I hope my point hit home

x
Thats the sort of obvious remark a manipulative abuser would say to his partner to knock her confidence when he realises the badgering and insults  havent worked. Evil or Very Mad

Really?

How childish you are to make such an poor accusation to score points. I actually was being sincere

Hey ho

This is me

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Really?

How childish you are to make such an poor accusation to score points. I actually was being sincere

Hey ho

This is me

As i have never felt better, your remark was obviouly meant as a nasty passive aggresive comment.
Get over yourself Didge, I can see right through you.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:43 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

I agree they never did, so why do you?

Not here of course, but its interesting you clearly think it would be wrong to do so

I look at it this way

She is young and naive and having a child help her grow up very fast and actually show how mature she actually is

She proved many people wrong

I wish you would take an example out of that, as you judge people superficially, as she has been through. Where clearly people claimed she would not be able to raise a child. She proved them wrong. You though shit on people for coming forward (selectively clearly, as you have no issue here) when they have been wronged and you do not like the way they look.

That makes you as poor and as judgemental as any schoolkid who has been to her.

You do realise that?

You judge a person based on some comments on face book and pictures and decided you actually knew what they were like

Truth being told, it showed up, the worst in you Syl, when I know there is so much good in you. For you to judge someone based on not knowing them, on looks. Is the same as my friend being cast as not disabled, based on looking able bodied and never knowing she has a basic death sentence

So I am only trying to advise you hear

You can ignore or take heed, but you prejudge people badly. Based on sterotypes

Back on this again, don't you ever get bored with yourself Didge. Girl 16 takes 2 year old daughter to the prom with her. 2396444674
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:46 pm

Back on topic.

Little girl is lovely. Whilst 13 is far too young to have a baby, this mum has obviously shown love and support to her littlen. I bet her mum has done the same for both of them too.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Really?

Hey ho

This is me

As i have never felt better, your remark was obviouly meant as a nasty passive aggresive comment.
Get over yourself Didge, I can see right through you.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:31 pm

magica wrote:Back on topic.

Little girl is lovely.  Whilst 13 is far too young to have a baby, this mum has obviously shown love and support to her littlen.  I bet her mum has done the same for both of them too.
It shows that a really bad situation can have a really happy outcome.

a prom is a milestone in a young persons life.....the end of one chapter and the beginning of another, to include her baby daughter, dressing her up up a pretty party dress to drive with the young mum to her prom (even though she wouldnt be allowed to attend) but mum included her daughter, which to me is so lovely.

I love this story, it makes a change from all the doom and gloom.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Nice story and all but i wish they had given more info and less pictures

there's a lot more i want to know now

what grades did she get

what are her future plans eg, college

no mention of the father of this child

poor girl kept this a secret for 6 months terrified of parents reaction. i bet the grandparents are pround as anything

bless 'em

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:43 pm

gelico wrote:

Nice story and all but i wish they had given more info and less pictures

there's a lot more i want to know now

what grades did she get

what are her future plans eg, college

no mention of the father of this child

poor girl kept this a secret for 6 months terrified of parents reaction.  i bet the grandparents are pround as anything

bless 'em
I know what you mean, I was curious when I read the story too.

But perhaps the family want to move on from the past, or just want to keep that private.

I also think her grades dont matter as long as she did the best she possibly could.
She finished school and completed 7 gcse's.....that in itself is cause for her and her family to be proud.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down