NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only

+5
Andy
'Wolfie
eddie
Maddog
Lurker
9 posters

Go down

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Empty Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only

Post by Lurker Sun May 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Fox_ne10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Empty Re: Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only

Post by Lurker Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:53 pm

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Fox_ne19
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Empty Re: Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only

Post by Maddog Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:44 pm

Oh great. Another thread of memes.

Carry on!
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:32 am

Lurker, it isn’t just Fox News that spouts bullshit.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:03 am

tongue

Faux News

The best "news" that 'Uncle' Rupert's money can buy  !
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:19 am

'Wolfie wrote:tongue

Faux News

Who funds Fox news? Anyone know?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:42 am

eddie wrote:

Faux News

Murdoch.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:39 pm

eddie wrote:

Faux News

Advertisers.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

Faux News

Advertisers.

And which advertisers are they? Why would they invest in such a shite TV media company?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:28 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

Faux News

Advertisers.

And which advertisers are they? Why would they invest in such a shite TV media company?

Well, shit TV of all kinds has proven to draw a large audience. And that's the goal.

People tend to underplay the fact that every media outlet that isn't funded by a government or a non-profit has as its goal attracting as many viewers or readers as it can get. The more people they can tell advertisers watch or read them, the more they can charge for advertising.

In the case of news media, exciting, simple lies, or distortions of the truth bring more people in than the boring old complicated truth. There's a clear money incentive to skew toward exciting half-truths and away from any story that is nuanced, or that takes longer to report, or more effort from the viewer to understand.

It's just like entertainment TV, really. You can get a far bigger audience showing ordinary people eating bugs, etc. than crafting an intricate story featuring characters you're not sure if you like or not. Most people choose brain candy over brain vegetables Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:31 pm

Makes sense. Also makes me wonder why people would watch such trash TV news. People need to wake up.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:14 am

eddie wrote:

Faux News

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only 1399249160

Their advertisers...

Like all commercial TV networks..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:28 am

eddie wrote:Makes sense. Also makes me wonder why people would watch such trash TV news. People need to wake up.
study

Faux News's target audience are those dimwitted redneck right-wing extremists and braindead evangelicals who generally hate or despise the rest of the world, and believe that destroying the world is some kind of "God given" birthright...

Those people who prefer ligjtweight "reality" trash shows ahead of more quality programming are generally the dimwitted and lazy hoi polloi of society, more turned on by watching other peoples suffering, or seeing equally undeserving nongs winning large amounts with little effort, or being fed unrealistic notions of "love" and "romance" --  rather than watching shows where they might have to actually engage their brains..

TV networks like trashy "reality" programmes because they only cost a fraction of what quality dramas and documentaries would cost them.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:30 am

Bet your a "hoot" at parties !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:02 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Advertisers.

Because people watch it. Fox is usually #1 in terms of viewers in cable news.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:03 pm

nicko wrote:Bet your a "hoot" at parties !

What makes you think he gets invited?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:50 pm

Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:34 pm

These people are always quick to believe a lie over truth any day. They are easily controlled by right-wing bullshit.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:34 pm

'Wolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:Makes sense. Also makes me wonder why people would watch such trash TV news. People need to wake up.
study

Faux News's target audience are those dimwitted redneck right-wing extremists and braindead evangelicals who generally hate or despise the rest of the world, and believe that destroying the world is some kind of "God given" birthright...

Those people who prefer ligjtweight "reality" trash shows ahead of more quality programming are generally the dimwitted and lazy hoi polloi of society, more turned on by watching other peoples suffering, or seeing equally undeserving nongs winning large amounts with little effort, or being fed unrealistic notions of "love" and "romance" --  rather than watching shows where they might have to actually engage their brains..

TV networks like trashy "reality" programmes because they only cost a fraction of what quality dramas and documentaries would cost them.

The best networks offer a mix both "trash shows" (sic) and programmes that are more intellectually challenging on the not unreasonable grounds that they need to appeal to all in the commercial and competitive world of the mass media.

I like watching programmes on history, art, literature, philosophy, etc., etc., and I venture suggest that this would be your preference too.

I, however, am not so arrogant as to condemn those who would prefer East Enders and Coronation Street over a Bettany Hughes hosted programme on classical history.

Let's face it, Wolfie.....you are just an intellectual snob.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:35 pm

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:40 pm

nicko wrote:+1

Black Adder and Allo! Allo! were fuckin' awesome, though, old chap!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jasus, I really had the hots for "Bob" in the Black Adder series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:31 pm

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Fox_fa10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:03 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
'Wolfie wrote:
study

The best networks offer a mix both "trash shows" (sic) and programmes that are more intellectually challenging on the not unreasonable grounds that they need to appeal to all in the commercial and competitive world of the mass media.

I like watching programmes on history, art, literature, philosophy, etc., etc., and I venture suggest that this would be your preference too.

I, however, am not so arrogant as to condemn those who would prefer East Enders and Coronation Street over a Bettany Hughes hosted programme on classical history.

Cool

I prefer the term "pedantic"...

"Fox News" is the perfect example of an 'Oxymoron'..

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/oxymoron

So, what's your excuse for not bothering with Faux News, Freddie  ?   Your inimitable good taste, no doubt ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:35 pm

Fox was founded to provide what was billed as an alternative to the liberal bias of other news outlets at the time.

The only problem is, studies at the time showed that their competitors were normally quite fair, and even right-wing politicians at the time it was launched admitted that they generally only accused the media of liberal bias as a way to guilt reporters into writing nicer stories about them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:04 pm

I don’t really take much of what any “big” media outlet says as “the truth”.

It depends upon who owns it, what is said and how biased they are.

I guess I’m alone in that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:33 pm

eddie wrote:Lurker, it isn’t just Fox News that spouts bullshit.

Yeah, but Fox is the propaganda bureau for the Republican Party...
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:23 pm

'Wolfie wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Cool

I prefer the term "pedantic"...

"Fox News" is the perfect example of an 'Oxymoron'..

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/oxymoron

So, what's your excuse for not bothering with Faux News, Freddie  ?   Your inimitable good taste, no doubt ?

Good God - have you been hibernating? I made that post on September 30th.

Thanks for so kindly telling me where I could find the meaning of the word oxymoron (no need for quotation marks and italics - it is hardly an obscure term) - I was probably using it before you could say the word "dada."

And in any case, I prefer the SOED...both volumes of which are in pride of place among the small library of English language reference books in my study.

"Faux news"? It's largely a creation of, and one of the downsides of, social media.

I don't watch Fox News very much, but if its coverage is slanted towards the Republican cause it has a perfect right to be...and viewers have a perfect right to choose whether or not to believe it and, more importantly, watch it. I suspect there are US - and possibly Australian - radio stations and TV channels that are equally supportive of the democrats and that you consider every utterance to be the truth. Many might, however, disagree with you.

Our own BBC is somewhat different in that it has a Royal Charter containing its various legal commitments as "the voice of the United Kingdom" and is paid for through a form of compulsory poll tax, failure to pay which can -and is - punishable by fine or even imprisonment. And that is why the issue is so politically contentious here.

And yes, I will (proudly) admit to having good taste. I'm also pretty well equipped for spotting "faux news", and like any good journalist know both when and how it should be checked before accepting its accuracy or otherwise.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:27 pm

Lurker wrote:
eddie wrote:Lurker, it isn’t just Fox News that spouts bullshit.

Yeah, but Fox is the propaganda bureau for the Republican Party...

Why not, so long as the channel makes its political allegiance clear?

No-one forces you to watch it.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:11 pm

^^ We used to have the Fairness Doctrine in the U.S., until Reagan did away with it. That stipulated that any network broadcasting news over the public's airwaves (and later its cables and satellite beams) had to give equal time to both sides.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:35 pm

"^^ We used to have the Fairness Doctrine in the U.S., until Reagan did away with it. That stipulated that any network broadcasting news over the public's airwaves (and later its cables and satellite beams) had to give equal time to both sides."
Yep, now it's the wild west of lies, propaganda and utter bullshit...
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:18 am

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Fox_vs10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:14 pm

Wolf wrote:Faux News's target audience are those dimwitted redneck right-wing extremists and braindead evangelicals who generally hate or despise the rest of the world, and believe that destroying the world is some kind of "God given" birthright...

Those people who prefer ligjtweight "reality" trash shows ahead of more quality programming are generally the dimwitted and lazy hoi polloi of society, more turned on by watching other peoples suffering, or seeing equally undeserving nongs winning large amounts with little effort, or being fed unrealistic notions of "love" and "romance" -- rather than watching shows where they might have to actually engage their brains..

In a word...southerners.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:17 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:^^ We used to have the Fairness Doctrine in the U.S., until Reagan did away with it. That stipulated that any network broadcasting news over the public's airwaves (and later its cables and satellite beams) had to give equal time to both sides.

That was in an established, two-party system.  There are no longer "both sides", but many, many sides.

Fox caters to what was once known as the kook-world. It has now become normalized, and resides within the Republican Party.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Fox_an10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:48 pm

Lurker wrote:Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Fox_an10

I am curious about why RW media prefers blond floosies, instead of responsible reporters.  There is something about the RW--interested only in wealth--and hiring only bedroom buddies, with big boobs and hemlines above their thighs.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:54 pm

Idea

With all of the peroxide that has been through those faux blonde bimbos' hair...

Imagine what their hair might be like in another 20 or 30 years..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Trum1587
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:15 pm

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Republ68
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:01 pm

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Fox_ne11
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:49 pm

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Trum1611
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:13 am

Fox News - For Entertainment Purposes Only Fox_li10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down