NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abortion Ban LIFTED in Ireland!

2 posters

Go down

Abortion Ban LIFTED in Ireland! Empty Abortion Ban LIFTED in Ireland!

Post by Eilzel Sun May 27, 2018 4:16 am

The Republic of Ireland just voted to legalise abortion, finally giving women power over their own bodies. 3 years ago the people of Ireland voted for gay marriage. Amazing advances in that country in such a short time considering their Catholic tradition.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/26/ireland-votes-by-landslide-to-legalise-abortion

Meanwhile, in Northern Ireland...

Abortion Ban LIFTED in Ireland! Images11
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Abortion Ban LIFTED in Ireland! Empty Re: Abortion Ban LIFTED in Ireland!

Post by JulesV Wed May 30, 2018 12:08 pm

I wasn't too comfortable seeing people punch the air with joy at this victory. Think about it - it's like they're saying "yipeeee we're allowed to terminate the lives our unborn babies now, joy, joy".

I'm not against abortion, I believe in a woman's right to chose but the open displays of glee are not just appropriate. Show decorum and just be quietly satisfied about the victory.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed May 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Eilzel wrote:
... Meanwhile, in Northern Ireland ...

Yes I was just thinking that! Northern Ireland will now want the same rights as their southern neighbours.

Theresa May is in a quandry now cos she will want to keep NI's strict conservatives onside. It was they who rescued her career [albeit for a HUGE financial bribery] after the dismal election results. And if they get upset they could wreck the deal - and still keep the money!

What with the EU border issue and now this - oh boy, things are about to get very interesting in the NI political landscape.  
....  Abortion Ban LIFTED in Ireland! 2187004795

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down