NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Latest Breakthrough, Scientists Successfully Regrow Brain Tissue That Was Damaged by a Stroke

2 posters

Go down

In Latest Breakthrough, Scientists Successfully Regrow Brain Tissue That Was Damaged by a Stroke Empty In Latest Breakthrough, Scientists Successfully Regrow Brain Tissue That Was Damaged by a Stroke

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Researchers have just made a breakthrough discovery in how we can possibly treat stroke patients in the future.

A team of scientists at the University of California Los Angeles successfully regrew brain tissue that was previously damaged by a stroke.

“We tested this in laboratory mice to determine if it would repair the brain and lead to recovery in a model of stroke,” said Dr. S. Thomas Carmichael, professor of neurology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. “The study indicated that new brain tissue can be regenerated in what was previously just an inactive brain scar after stroke.”

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/in-latest-breakthrough-scientists-successfully-regrow-brain-tissue-that-was-damaged-by-a-stroke/

Back to top Go down

In Latest Breakthrough, Scientists Successfully Regrow Brain Tissue That Was Damaged by a Stroke Empty Re: In Latest Breakthrough, Scientists Successfully Regrow Brain Tissue That Was Damaged by a Stroke

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 26, 2018 10:26 pm

Wow, that's pretty amazing. I wonder how a human brain would adapt to having new, regrown tissue to use.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

In Latest Breakthrough, Scientists Successfully Regrow Brain Tissue That Was Damaged by a Stroke Empty Re: In Latest Breakthrough, Scientists Successfully Regrow Brain Tissue That Was Damaged by a Stroke

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Wow, that's pretty amazing. I wonder how a human brain would adapt to having new, regrown tissue to use.

It baffles me mate, what we can now do for people

I cannot even begin to address your question or how to..

Out of my league on knowing how to address your question

Just think its so cool how we can now help people in so many ways

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun May 27, 2018 5:03 am

As with stem cells, we have to be careful with any type of cellular regeneration.  The possibility exists that we will actually create cancer while busy getting the body to recreate itself.

As one paper begins:

HHS Public Access wrote:Regeneration: The Origin of Cancer or a Possible Cure?

A better understanding of the forces controlling cell growth will be essential for developing effective therapies in regenerative medicine and cancer. Historically, the literature has linked cancer and tissue regeneration—proposing regeneration as both the source of cancer and a method to inhibit tumorigenesis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2706275/

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down