NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Believe This One - Very Topical - Ginger Hate Crime

2 posters

Go down

Can't Believe This One - Very Topical - Ginger Hate Crime Empty Can't Believe This One - Very Topical - Ginger Hate Crime

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 am

12th February 2014

Please see my thread in "thinking deeply" at the bottom of the forum.

A gang of schoolboys dragged a cyclist from his bike before kicking him repeatedly as he cowered in the road - just because of his ginger hair.

The four teenagers also subjected the 38-year-old to a torrent of vile abuse in the 'relentless attack' and left him needing major surgery for a fractured jaw, a court heard.

Manchester Magistrates' Court heard how the gang had surrounded the victim at rush hour in the city's centre, and yelled 'ginger ****' at him before the attack at a set of traffic lights.

A witness said the boys were 'almost dancing on him', while a motorist who sounded his horn in a bid to stop the attack called it 'relentless'.

Sabrina Sohota, prosecuting, said the victim was cycling home from work when he was surrounded by the boys.

He was subjected to 'unprovoked abuse' and 'feared for his safety', she said.

She added: 'The victim felt what he thought was a punch to the face. He was attacked from behind.'

The court heard the thugs were chased off by members of the public.

The victim, who now cycles a different route home, told of his shock and suffering in a statement read out in court.

He spent four nights in hospital and had metal strips and bolts put in his jaw.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2557429/Schoolboy-gang-locked-savage-attack-man-GINGER-confessed-teachers.html#ixzz2t6bd3cDH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Can't Believe This One - Very Topical - Ginger Hate Crime Empty Re: Can't Believe This One - Very Topical - Ginger Hate Crime

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 am

If they catch them, I hope they treat it as a hate crime.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Can't Believe This One - Very Topical - Ginger Hate Crime Empty Re: Can't Believe This One - Very Topical - Ginger Hate Crime

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:00 pm

So do I, because it was. If someone is attacked for something they are born with and cannot change, that makes it a hate crime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Sassy wrote:So do I, because it was.   If someone is attacked for something they are born with and cannot change, that makes it a hate crime.

What?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:09 pm

What what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Sassy wrote:What what?

Tally-ho!

:D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Jolly hockeysticks old chap, now what didn't you get about that statement me lad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Ok ok less of the nonsense now.

I was whating your statement.

I almost came on immediately after Raggamuffin's post myself to egg him/her on and say "yeah, it's a hate crime, just like any other" but thought no, as I stood up for my principles yesterday with the not buying up Romania and all moving there thing, i'll stand up for them today too.

A crime is a crime, in my opinion and all should be treated as such.

We do not need special two-tiered treatment in this country - we have it, no doubt, but it is wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:16 pm

Your opinion, not mine Andy. If someone is attacked for something about their actual person, that they can't change, that gives it an added dimension and adds persecution to the pot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Sassy wrote:Your opinion, not mine Andy.   If someone is attacked for something about their actual person, that they can't change, that gives it an added dimension and adds persecution to the pot.

He could change the colour of his hair - what about that Sassy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:19 pm

What!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:20 pm

Sassy wrote:What!

Is that a statement or a question!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:20 pm

So what are people who are attacked for being disabled going to do, get a new body?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:21 pm

Sassy wrote:So what are people who are attacked for being disabled going to do, get a new body?

I thought we were talking about GWA's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:21 pm

Anyway, going for a rest, had a busy morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:24 pm

Sassy wrote:Anyway, going for a rest, had a busy morning.

lol

Ok - we'll carry the conversation on later - this is a good one.

A ginger haired person who was born ginger and can't change it  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:33 pm

I think the point is, why should he change it, Andy?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:35 pm

eddie wrote:I think the point is, why should he change it, Andy?

Excellent, and that's what I thought.

So, what about a fat man?

A beautiful 18 year old who is beaten up because the other girls are jealous?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:38 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:I think the point is, why should he change it, Andy?

Look, in this world, people can be picked on for all sorts of reasons. Wearing glasses, being too fat, being too skinny, being too young, being too pretty....the list is endless!

It is up to parents to help and guide children to do two things:

1) Rise above what others think of you as it just doesn't matter
2) Don't be hateful to others - treat them as you'd like to be treated.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:40 pm

eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Look, in this world, people can be picked on for all sorts of reasons. Wearing glasses, being too fat, being too skinny, being too young, being too pretty....the list is endless!

So, what about homosexuals?

What about white kids being racially abused?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:34 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:37 pm

eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

So you think a crime is a crime, and Mr Catman and the British government are wrong when they say homophobic crimes are more serious and should carry heavier sentences?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:43 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:

So you think a crime is a crime, and Mr Catman and the British government are wrong when they say homophobic crimes are more serious and should carry heavier sentences?

Each crime warrents it's own individual punishment.

For example; if a homosexual is beaten and taunted with gay abuse, the abuser should be punished - in this instance we'll call them five slaps to the wrist

If a white boy is beaten and taunted with racial abuse, the abuser should be punished - in this instance we'll call them five slaps to the wrist.

So no, I don't think an homosexual beating and abuse case should carry any more weight than any other case.

But you have to realise I think some cases should carry more slaps ie: paedophilia or murder of anyone, they should carry a lifetime of slaps or possibly death if it is proven beyond reasonable doubt.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:41 pm

eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

...what you say is right Eddie, but it's not always that easy, school kids can be relentless in bullying,even if some other kid does not have the latest gear on because their parents maybe can't afford it..

It doesn't always have to be physical as we know, mental bullying can be as bad and some kids are afraid to report it incase of repercussions at school or outside school...
While some kids do to care what others think or say, others do.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:21 pm

Joy Division wrote:
eddie wrote:

...what you say is right Eddie, but it's not always that easy, school kids can be relentless in bullying,even if some other kid does not have the latest gear on because their parents maybe can't afford it..

It doesn't always have to be physical as we know, mental bullying can be as bad and some kids are afraid to report it incase of repercussions at school or outside school...
While some kids do to care what others think or say, others do.

I appreciate that JD, I know how cruel kids can be. I guess we can just try to teach them as best we can x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down