NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calpol is 'the heroin of childhood' says doctor who reveals we are giving our children three times more of the medicine than we did 40 years ago

+2
eddie
Raggamuffin
6 posters

Go down

Calpol is 'the heroin of childhood' says doctor who reveals we are giving our children three times more of the medicine than we did 40 years ago   Empty Calpol is 'the heroin of childhood' says doctor who reveals we are giving our children three times more of the medicine than we did 40 years ago

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2018 10:21 am

[*]Dr Chris van Tulleken investigated why UK spends £64million a year on Calpol
[*]The BBC presenter found many parents use medication to treat children's fever 
[*]He said his GP told him some people describe medicine as 'heroin of childhood' 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5747427/Calpol-heroin-childhood-says-doctor.html#ixzz5FwCkPoPO 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Kind of agree with what he is saying

Back to top Go down

Calpol is 'the heroin of childhood' says doctor who reveals we are giving our children three times more of the medicine than we did 40 years ago   Empty Re: Calpol is 'the heroin of childhood' says doctor who reveals we are giving our children three times more of the medicine than we did 40 years ago

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 19, 2018 11:06 am

It has cute packaging, right? If it didn't, perhaps it wouldn't sell as well.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Calpol is 'the heroin of childhood' says doctor who reveals we are giving our children three times more of the medicine than we did 40 years ago   Empty Re: Calpol is 'the heroin of childhood' says doctor who reveals we are giving our children three times more of the medicine than we did 40 years ago

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2018 11:11 am

Raggamuffin wrote:It has cute packaging, right? If it didn't, perhaps it wouldn't sell as well.

That is an interesting point, but I doubt that is the reason rags

Again, parents see this as the fix to solving many medical problems in children.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 21, 2018 8:22 pm

So many parents don’t know how to treat a fever without medicine! I’ve seen this so many times.
It’s all online in NHS Direct (a very quick and easy site) yet they still remain ignorant.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon May 21, 2018 8:41 pm

People used to have their mothers and aunts to tell them how to deal with the more minor children's illnesses, some are good and have worked for hundreds of years and have a scientific basis when looked into, others were at best no use and at worst harmful. Now we have become accustomed to turning to the NHS for all things to be magically cured almost immediately.
I've never had stitches until a recent op, I've had countless cuts they were washed, dabbed with iodine and a plaster stuck on ( it was quite a job getting them off when the time came, now its quite a job getting them to stay on) or at worst a bandage.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon May 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Vintage wrote:People used to have their mothers and aunts to tell them how to deal with the more minor children's illnesses, some are good and have worked for hundreds of years and have a scientific basis when looked into, others were at best no use and at worst harmful. Now we have become accustomed to turning to the NHS for all things to be magically cured almost immediately.
I've never had stitches until a recent op, I've had countless cuts they were washed, dabbed with iodine and a plaster stuck on ( it was quite a job getting them off when the time came, now its quite a job getting them to stay on) or at worst a bandage.

I once stabbed myself through the palm trying to get an avocado stone out of the fruit. The cut was so wide and deep, the fat in my palm was poking out. After dragging myself back from a swoon I decided I couldn't be arsed with stitches so put a plaster over it and held my hand in a clenched position for a week. Luckily it was my left palm and I'm right handed. It healed so well, the scar is all but invisible.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 21, 2018 9:10 pm

Wow Horatio. You should be like a SAS soldier or some shit! Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon May 21, 2018 10:42 pm

eddie wrote:Wow Horatio. You should be like a SAS soldier or some shit! Shocked

Oooh no. I couldn't eat creepy crawlies.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 22, 2018 5:42 am

Worms are better fried than boiled !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue May 22, 2018 6:09 pm

nicko wrote:Worms are better fried than boiled !

affraid
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down