NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cutting Onions

3 posters

Go down

Cutting Onions  Empty Cutting Onions

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 18, 2018 2:02 am

Cutting Onions  AlaBEvv

(Original by reddit user Euthenios)
The last thing I remember is My Person bringing my to the Sharp Place.

I never understood why My Person would bring me to the Sharp Place. The smells were sharp, and they poked me with sharp things. That's why I called it the Sharp Place. It was a bad place. I didn't like it.

I don't know why My Person brought me there, that day of all days. I already hadn't been feeling good. I'd been throwing up, and my hips hurt and my paws hurt. Even eating grass didn't help. And then My Person brought me to the Sharp Place. I tried to be mad at him, but he seemed so sad about something, so I tried to wag my tail to cheer him up. I didn't even really notice when the Sharp Man poked me.

Then my eyes got heavy and that was the last thing I remember.

**Buddy,** a voice said. **Buddy, wake up.**

I opened my eyes and got to my feet, and I realized my paws didn't hurt anymore. I tried a wag, and that was fine, too. I sniffed the air. It smelled like the Play Park and like Our Home and the Car Window. I liked it a lot.

**Welcome, Buddy,** came the voice again, from behind me.

I turned around, and there was a person there. He wasn't My Person, but he was all safe and good smells, so I trusted him.

*Where am I?* I said.

**You're in the place that Good Boys go,** the person said.

*I was a Good Boy?* I said.

**You were a Very Good Boy,** he told me.

That was good. I always tried to be a Good Boy. *Where's My Person?* I asked.

**He's still down there,** the person said. And he waved his arm and all of a sudden we were in Our Home, and My Person was sitting on the Forbidden Chair and looking sad. Every so often, he'd look over at the Okay Couch, where I was allowed so sit, and his breath would catch because he was very sad. I tried to nuzzle him, but my nose just passed through his hand.

*What's happening? I don't understand,* I said.

The person sighed. **You can't be with him right now, Buddy. I'm sorry. It's the way of things.**

I thought about this. *So it's like My Person is on the Person Bed, and I'm not allowed there?* I said.

**Exactly like that,** the person said. **But he can be with you someday. If you choose to wait for him.**

*Of course I want to wait for him!* I said. Not wait for My Person? Who did this person think he was talking to?

**Hold on, Buddy,** the person said. He seemed sad about this for some reason. **It's not that simple. You have a choice.** He got down on one knee and he looked into my eyes. **There are bad things in this world, Buddy. Very bad things.**

*Like Neighbor Cat?*

**So much worse than her, Buddy.** He waved his hand, and I saw what he was talking about. He showed me dark things, that were like snakes and rats, only worse. Worse than the Sucking Machine. Worse than the Sharp Place. They smelled evil.

**These are the things that want to hurt him, Buddy. They want to hurt everybody. So you can wait for him, or you can keep him safe. But if you choose to keep him safe, then you can't see him again.**

*What, never?* I said.

The person nodded. **Never, Buddy. I'm sorry. Those are the Rules. It's a terrible choice.**

I looked at my paws. I didn't want to not see My Person ever again. But I wanted to keep him safe even more.

*I know what I have to do,* I said, and the person waved his hand, and all of a sudden we were in a place with there were as many dogs as I have every seen before. More, even.

**These are all the Good Boys who chose to keep Their People safe,** the person said.

I looked at them all. I couldn't believe it, still. *But there's so many of us!* I said. *How many Good Boys are here?*

The person looked down at me. He smiled, but I could tell he was also partly very sad. **All of you, Buddy. Every single one.**
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Cutting Onions  Empty Re: Cutting Onions

Post by nicko Fri May 18, 2018 5:38 am

Fuck you Veya, you made me cry ! Crying or Very sad
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 18, 2018 6:05 am

It made me cry, so It's only fair I make you cry too Crying or Very sad
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 18, 2018 10:40 am

Veya, have you "googled" rainbow bridge ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri May 18, 2018 10:15 pm

I knew I shouldn't have read that, which at the best of times would make me cry but having just recently lost my furbaby best friend, it was b****y horrendous. oh I'm off again now.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Vintage wrote:I knew I shouldn't have read that, which at the best of times would make me cry but having  just recently lost my furbaby best friend, it was b****y horrendous. oh I'm off again now.

Sorry to hear Vintage

Better to let out, than to hold in. Sometimes its good to share, as it can help, but understand if you do not want to. I only say this, that people can understand, what you might be going through and what you have gone through. Sometimes its better to let it out, when upset. I may seem like an ogre at times, but I do care, as well as many on here do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri May 18, 2018 10:52 pm

Thanks Didge, I've had so many pets dogs, cats, horses. rabbits even my daughters hamsters and I've grieved them all. I only had this one - a cat for five years, he was 8 years old or more and already ill when he came to us, cat virus. He went everywhere I went if possible although he was confined to our house, garden and stable and kennel yards because of his condition and as the family were always elsewhere in the evenings, my company every evening, a funny little thing, very vocal and I miss him dreadfully, especially as I took the decision that he'd had enough after a few months of being quite ill and recovering, yet getting worse each time - euthanasia guilt is a hell of a thing.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2018 10:58 pm

Vintage wrote:Thanks Didge, I've had so many pets dogs, cats, horses. rabbits even my daughters hamsters and I've grieved them all. I only had this one - a cat for five years, he was 8 years old or more and already ill when he came to us, cat virus.  He went everywhere I went if possible although he was confined to our house, garden and stable and kennel yards because of his condition and as the family were always elsewhere in the evenings, my company every evening, a funny little thing, very vocal and I miss him dreadfully, especially as I took the decision that he'd had enough after a few months of being quite ill and recovering, yet getting worse each time  - euthanasia guilt is a hell of a thing.

You did the right thing though Vintage and did not want to see any more suffering.
Death comes to us all, no matter whether human and you should not be wrapped up in guilt with this
Nothing can take away the memories we have lived with people and animals

You do really have a good heart, that you care so much Vintage. Am sorry that you are hurting

No camera or video, can capture, what we have in our hearts vintage. Of experincing those prescious moments we share

I really am truely sorry for your loss

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri May 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Thanks Didge. I realise I am a bit of a sentimental soul. All my animals have been deeply loved and great companions, more so in some ways than some of the humans I've known, sadly.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2018 11:11 pm

Vintage wrote:Thanks Didge. I realise I am a bit of a sentimental soul. All my animals have been deeply loved and great companions, more so in some ways than some of the humans I've known, sadly.

Its what makes you who you are Vintage

They are your children, in a way and that is beautiful.

If only humanity cared the same, as they do with all animals

You found you're vocation with other species

Its a much harder road to travel and defend

Humans have many laws to protect them

Animals do not have that luxury. They rely on humans

So what you are doing is good Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri May 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Kind words, thank you again.
Have to go to work, on call with the keys to the kingdom tonight, got to go and open up, probably a couple of hours so I'll be back on here tomorrow. Good night.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2018 2:16 am

Vintage wrote:Kind words, thank you again.
Have to go to work, on call with the keys to the kingdom tonight, got to go and open up, probably a couple of hours so I'll be back on here tomorrow. Good night.

All the best Vintage

Good night

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 19, 2018 3:51 am

nicko wrote:Veya, have you "googled"  rainbow bridge ?

yes I know it, it's a highly referenced poem in my generation Wink

I'd prefer the rainbow bridge to be right than the alternative in the OP
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 19, 2018 3:54 am

Vintage wrote:I knew I shouldn't have read that, which at the best of times would make me cry but having  just recently lost my furbaby best friend, it was b****y horrendous. oh I'm off again now.

Sorry for your loss Vintage Sad
It sounds like you will have quite a menagerie of companions waiting on your rainbow bridge
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat May 19, 2018 2:14 pm

Yes, looking forward to a welcome of being enveloped by hair/fur/feathers and even scales.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down