NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What we eat – and how much – is ruled by our minds, NOT our tums, argues a health psychologist. And in a fascinating book, she shows how you really can think yourself slim

Go down

What we eat – and how much – is ruled by our minds, NOT our tums, argues a health psychologist. And in a fascinating book, she shows how you really can think yourself slim   Empty What we eat – and how much – is ruled by our minds, NOT our tums, argues a health psychologist. And in a fascinating book, she shows how you really can think yourself slim

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2018 7:10 pm

[*]Dr Meg Arroll says psychological distress can be caused by conflicting messages
[*]She claims we are marketed unhealthy diets with pressure for perfect bodies
[*]She says deep-seated emotional and behavioural traits cause diets to fail 
[*]She urges women to focus on why they're eating, instead of what their eating
[*]Dr Meg shared a quiz for understanding the best diet for your personality

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5736949/How-really-think-slim.html#ixzz5Fmf9zu2S 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

What we eat – and how much – is ruled by our minds, NOT our tums, argues a health psychologist. And in a fascinating book, she shows how you really can think yourself slim   Empty Re: What we eat – and how much – is ruled by our minds, NOT our tums, argues a health psychologist. And in a fascinating book, she shows how you really can think yourself slim

Post by eddie Thu May 17, 2018 7:55 pm

I eat when I’m hungry and stop when I’ve had enough.
I can eat loads in one day and almost nothing, the next. I’ve always been that way.

They did an experiment once, where they sat a few people down and gave them their normal portions of their favourite meal, but they blindfolded them.
They told them to stop when they felt satisfied.

All of them had about just under a third left on their plate. The experts concluded that a lot of us eat mostly “with our eyes”.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down