NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ontario Woman Arrested for Driving in Georgia (U.S.) With Canadian Driver's License

4 posters

Go down

Ontario Woman Arrested for Driving in Georgia (U.S.) With Canadian Driver's License Empty Ontario Woman Arrested for Driving in Georgia (U.S.) With Canadian Driver's License

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 11, 2018 11:45 am

Ontario Woman Arrested for Driving in Georgia (U.S.) With Canadian Driver's License Emily-nield

An Ontario woman is looking for an apology from the Georgia police officer who arrested, handcuffed and charged her because she was driving with a Canadian licence.

"It was the most horrendous incident of my life," said Emily Nield. "It was mortifying. I was terrified the entire time."

About a month ago, the 27-year-old was driving through Georgia to Tennessee, where she had just completed a master's degree in geology. Nield's route took her along the I-75, which is often used by Canadians making the trek to and from Florida.

Canadian driver's licences valid in Florida, after all
That's where she was pulled over for speeding, and the officer asked to see her licence. Nield handed over her Ontario driver's licence, but wasn't prepared for the officer's reaction.

"She kept saying, 'No, Canadian licences are not accepted,'" said Nield. "I was flabbergasted. I just kept saying this can't be right — a Canadian licence is always valid."

Nield told CBC Toronto she was then asked to prove she was Canadian and although she had copies of her passport, Nexus card, and birth certificate on her phone, the officer wanted to see an original hard copy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-woman-arrested-jailed-in-u-s-for-driving-with-a-canadian-licence-1.4648561

Honest mistake? Or a small symptom of the anti-rest-of-the-world attitude this latest Republican administration has brought back to our government?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Ontario Woman Arrested for Driving in Georgia (U.S.) With Canadian Driver's License Empty Re: Ontario Woman Arrested for Driving in Georgia (U.S.) With Canadian Driver's License

Post by 'Wolfie Fri May 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Ontario Woman Arrested for Driving in Georgia (U.S.) With Canadian Driver's License 479860004

Should be a good case for suing that cop for false arrest and harrassment...

After all, Canadian, British, Aussie, and Kiwi driving licences are all valid in the USA; (those from places like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, etc. probably are as well ???).

Though, some of those travel advisory mobs do advise that drivers visiting the USA should also consider having an "International Drivers Permit" as a backup reference -- as many US states are well recognised internationally as having the most stupid, ignorant, untrained and unqualified police officers in the known universe.

As shown in this very example..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Ontario Woman Arrested for Driving in Georgia (U.S.) With Canadian Driver's License Empty Re: Ontario Woman Arrested for Driving in Georgia (U.S.) With Canadian Driver's License

Post by Original Quill Fri May 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Classic southern xenophobia. Anyone who is not white American, is a suspect Jew or even high-yeller Shocked .

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 11, 2018 10:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:Classic southern xenophobia.  Anyone who is not white American, is a suspect Jew or even high-yeller  Shocked .

I’m not saying you’re wrong about the reason, but she doesn’t look non-white to me?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 12, 2018 3:48 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Classic southern xenophobia.  Anyone who is not white American, is a suspect Jew or even high-yeller  Shocked .

I’m not saying you’re wrong about the reason, but she doesn’t look non-white to me?

But she could be Jewish or high yeller.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 12, 2018 6:35 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Idea

Even if she were the same shade as the cop, that Canadian accent would be a giveway..

Maybe that cop will harass all non-Southerners simply because "they talk funny !!!"
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 12, 2018 6:25 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Idea

Even if she were the same shade as the cop, that Canadian accent would be a giveway..

Maybe that cop will harass all non-Southerners simply because "they talk funny !!!"

Yes, right...eh??

Ya know, I took another look. She definitely looks middle-eastern to me. I'll bet that's the problem...in Georgia?? You betcha...Red Rider.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down