NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things that really annoy you and turn you from a responsible member of society into a jibbering wreck.

+3
magica
'Wolfie
Syl
7 posters

Go down

Things that really annoy you and turn you from a responsible member of society into a jibbering wreck. Empty Things that really annoy you and turn you from a responsible member of society into a jibbering wreck.

Post by Syl Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:11 pm

I ask this question because I have just see my OH turn from that responsible member of society into said jabbering wreck, well more a fuming mean machine.

We have cultivated over the years a nice open plan front garden (if it was up to OH he would build a wall round it, but we live on an estate where open plan is the norm) Pride of place is a beautiful Magnolia, just about to come into flower.

He went out happily to give the lawn its first mow of the season, he just gave back spitting feathers.
Someone, has hung a bag of dog shit on one of the magnolia branches, it was swaying in the breeze and as he passed with the mower it almost whacked him in the face.

Is it wrong to laugh?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Things that really annoy you and turn you from a responsible member of society into a jibbering wreck. Empty Re: Things that really annoy you and turn you from a responsible member of society into a jibbering wreck.

Post by Syl Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Various things, some small some not so can turn an otherwise nice normal day into one that loses it's charm....all because something or someone did or said something that really annoyed.

Ignorant motorists get to me.
Last week in Asda carpark, after shopping we were loading the boot, a car drove into the empty space next to our car leaving loads of space on his alighting side and about 2" on the other side which made it impossible for me to get in the car.
When the driver got out I said "you have parked your car and blocked me from getting in mine"...he just looked at me and carried on walking towards the shop.

ARSEHOLE.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Things that really annoy you and turn you from a responsible member of society into a jibbering wreck. Empty Re: Things that really annoy you and turn you from a responsible member of society into a jibbering wreck.

Post by Syl Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Just one more before I get myself all irritated thinking about these things,

People who like the sound of their own voice and never stop to listen to what you have to say.
We used to go out in a group, taxi drivers and wives, all were lovely, except one of the wives who just bored for England and never seemed to pause for breath, so you couldn't get a word in even if you were still awake.

When it came to the sit down meal there was always a scramble to avoid sitting next to her....sad, unladylike... but true.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Dog shit... lol...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Syl wrote:Various things, some small some not so can turn an otherwise nice normal day into one that loses it's charm....all because something or someone did or said something that really annoyed.

Last week in Asda carpark, after shopping we were loading the boot, a car drove into the empty space next to our car  leaving loads of space on his alighting side and about 2" on the other side which made it impossible for me to get in the car.
When the driver got out I said "you have parked your car and blocked me from getting in mine"...he just looked at me and carried on walking towards the shop.

ARSEHOLE.

That's what keying was concocted for.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Various things, some small some not so can turn an otherwise nice normal day into one that loses it's charm....all because something or someone did or said something that really annoyed.

Last week in Asda carpark, after shopping we were loading the boot, a car drove into the empty space next to our car  leaving loads of space on his alighting side and about 2" on the other side which made it impossible for me to get in the car.

ARSEHOLE.

Are you looking for new clients to defend Quill?? Razz

Anyway, you and Tommy have both answered but you don't say what makes you really angry.
Now we all know men of a certain age turn into grumpy old men ...its a fact of life, so I'm sure you can think of something to add.

I have about 10 more extreme annoyances I can think of without even trying, and I am nowhere near as irritable as most 'grumpy old men'. Evil or Very Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Here's one.....when you are waiting for your suit cases to come around on the carousel at the airport. You leave just enough space between that and you so when your case comes you can swing it off in comfort without doing yourself an injury.
But then some ignorant dolt pushes in front, squeezes themselves directly between you and the carousel, and blocks your access to the case you are just about to retrieve. Things that really annoy you and turn you from a responsible member of society into a jibbering wreck. 2396444674
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Syl wrote:
Various things, some small some not so can turn an otherwise nice normal day into one that loses it's charm....all because something or someone did or said something that really annoyed.

ARSEHOLE.

Suspect

I wouldn't have said anything to him...

But, waited until he went inside..

Then put my knee (or maybe the shopping trolley..) into his passenger door panel, when nobody was looking.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Are you looking for new clients to defend Quill?? Razz

Just saying; not recommending. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Syl wrote:Anyway, you and Tommy have both answered but you don't say what makes you really angry.
Now we all know men of a certain age turn into grumpy old men ...its a fact of life, so I'm sure you can think of something to add.

I have about 10 more extreme annoyances I can think of without even trying, and I am nowhere near as irritable as most 'grumpy old men'. Evil or Very Mad

I'll have to think about it. It's my experience that as I get older, I drop my annoyances by the wayside.

Sometimes it worries me...I think, huh, I should be more concerned. I worry that getting intense, like memory or sex, is leaving me.

But I'll think of something.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Anyway, you and Tommy have both answered but you don't say what makes you really angry.

I'll have to think about it.  It's my experience that as I get older, I drop my annoyances by the wayside.

Sometimes it worries me...I think, huh, I should be more concerned.  I worry that getting intense, like memory or sex, is leaving me.

But I'll think of something.
It'll be interesting to see what you come up with Quill.
Nothing wrong with being slow to anger, it's probably better  for your blood pressure anyway. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:50 pm

Not sure why my font size keeps getting big as I post....a quirk on the tablet I think.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:53 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Syl wrote:

ARSEHOLE.

Suspect

Then put my knee (or maybe the shopping trolley..) into his passenger door panel, when nobody was looking.

Not really wise with all the CCTV cameras around.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm not an old man... and I'm very chilled out in general...

I get annoyed when stupid people do stupid things that result in them unnecessarily getting in the way of my progress on any type of journey, be it walking or driving etc... especially if it starts to make me late...!

Unreliable public transport also pisses me off... as well as some of the ignorant twats who I'm forced to share my journey with...!

People who think having a long and loud and boring conversation near me on the train at 6.30 in the morning, is a good idea... they really piss me off!!!

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:54 pm

Dogs poo? I had to smile.

Mind you we had some bang in the middle of the pavement. Hub went out a put it in the kerb, it was gone when we came home.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I'm not an old man... and I'm very chilled out in general...

I get annoyed when stupid people do stupid things that result in them unnecessarily getting in the way of my progress on any type of journey, be it walking or driving etc... especially if it starts to make me late...!

Unreliable public transport also pisses me off... as well as some of the ignorant twats who I'm forced to share my journey with...!

People who think having a long and loud and boring conversation near me on the train at 6.30 in the morning... they really piss me off!!!

I didnt think you were old, but grumpy old man syndrome seems to start around 45 in many males. Laughing

I agree about all three.....my main bugbear about using public transport is when someone sits next to me and encroaches on my space. Men in general and fat women are the worst offenders.  snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:05 pm

magica wrote:Dogs poo? I had to smile.

Mind you we had some bang in the middle of the pavement. Hub went out a put it in the kerb, it was gone when we came home.
I dont know if it's the same down South Mags, but dog owners here seem to have a very weird habit of clearing up their dog poo, putting it in a little plastic bag, then instead of putting it in bins provided, or failing that taking it home to bin, they seek out a tree and hang it on a branch, like some sort of peace offering to the tree fairy.
We often see trees with various coloured plastic bags hanging from the branches.

Never had one hung on our Magnolia tree before though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Syl wrote:I ask this question because I have just see my OH turn from that responsible member of society into said jabbering wreck, well more a fuming mean machine.

We have cultivated over the years a nice open plan front garden (if it was up to OH he would build a wall round it, but we live on an estate where open plan is the norm) Pride of place is a beautiful Magnolia, just about to come into flower.

He went out happily to give the lawn its first mow of the season, he just gave back spitting feathers.
Someone, has hung a bag of dog shit on one of the magnolia branches, it was swaying in the breeze and as he passed with the mower it almost whacked him in the face.

Is it wrong to laugh?

BAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHA

Things that really annoy you and turn you from a responsible member of society into a jibbering wreck. 3489511464 Things that really annoy you and turn you from a responsible member of society into a jibbering wreck. 3489511464 Things that really annoy you and turn you from a responsible member of society into a jibbering wreck. 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:24 pm

Syl wrote:...my main bugbear about using public transport is when someone sits next to me and encroaches on my space.

That's the rub, isn't it? Public transportation narrows anyone's space and it's inevitable whenever one sits next to anyone. That's why people have backpacks they put on the seat next to them.

Yet, you've got to live with it, or drive your little 120 lb. booty around in a 2500 lb. vehicle.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Backpacks and other baggage should go on the overhead shelves that are provided for such items... not on seats so as to try to force other fare paying passengers to stand... while your bloody bag gets a seat of its own...!!!

What a lovely lefty Quill sounds on this thread... first talking about 'keying cars'... now hogging seats on busy trains with backpacks instead of storing overhead... forcing other fellow travellers to stand unnecessarily is one thing, but his snobby reason that he doesn't think any other member of the public is good enough to sit next to him is beyond belief...!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Backpacks and other baggage should go on the overhead shelves that are provided for such items... not on seats so as to try to force other fare paying passengers to stand... while your bloody bag gets a seat of its own...!!!

But it's reality that people try to reserve space.  People are territorial, particularly when space is limited.  It's a matter of fact that happens, tommy.  It's indicative of the personal space issues that come up in places like elevators and public transit.

Tommy Monk wrote:What a lovely lefty Quill sounds on this thread... first talking about 'keying cars'... now hogging seats on busy trains with backpacks instead of storing overhead... forcing other fellow travellers to stand unnecessarily is one thing, but his snobby reason that he doesn't think any other member of the public is good enough to sit next to him is beyond belief...!!!

This is your problem, tommy...in your haste to get antagonistic with your interlocutor, you forget to read posts carefully.  I was describing the problem, not endorsing it.  You need practice with what is a factual statement and what is a normative statement.

It's a simple mistake.  When someone is illustrating an object descriptively, the unskilled debater will often take him or her as advocating the idea prescriptively.  This then turns your interlocutor into an promoter of an idea, instead of a mere chronicler.

If you are smitten with a lust for argument, you will hear arguments subliminally, even if they are not there...as you see by the instant example.  A key question to ask is, does the person use the verb 'is [to be]' or does he or she use the verb 'should'?  This will help you determine what is being said.  When someone says "it's [it is] inevitable", the verb 'to be' tells you that the person is describing, not prescribing.  What follows, then, is a factually illustrative phrase--"[t]hat's why people have backpacks they put on the seat next to them"--not to be confused with a normative phrase.  If I were to have said, 'you should use the backpack to take up the seat next to you', it has an entirely different meaning.

Likewise, I'm not advocating keying.  I'm describing how the practice came about.  Notice the lack of the verb 'should'?

Be more careful, and keep practicing.  You'll learn.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:06 am

Waffled your way out of that quite well Quill...

Well done on that front...!

But you also gave yourself away as being a real slippery waffler... as is the way of a lefty 'lies and spin' master...!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:17 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Waffled your way out of that quite well Quill...

Well done on that front...!

But you also gave yourself away as being a real slippery waffler... as is the way of a lefty 'lies and spin' master...!!!

Laughing   Unfortunately, you didn't come out of it so well.  You're impressed with my explanation, but not so much by my lecture, as your own lack of precise thinking.

Tommy, the reason why I know you so well is these are the same mistakes that my students used to make when I taught university.  Words not only have meaning, but they convey logic.  Learn to be more precise. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:27 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Syl wrote:

ARSEHOLE.

Suspect

When he started to walk off ignoring, I'd have said 'oi geranium, move ya fucken car' if he kept walking I'd have Booted it while he was in sight/ear shot.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:44 am

The extensive waffle you produced was of a level that could well be described as being 'impressive'... however, I was not impressed by the context...

The egg is clearly on your face... none on mine...!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:31 am

Waiting to be served in the supermarket, shopper in front of me with large amount of goods, waits till she gets bill then spends 5 mins searching through purse for credit card. WHY CAN'T SHE HAVE IT OUT READY?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:04 am

nicko wrote:Waiting to be served in the supermarket, shopper in front of me with large amount of goods,  waits till she gets bill then spends 5 mins searching through purse for credit card.   WHY CAN'T SHE HAVE IT OUT READY?

I agree with that one, Worse is the Parking station, literally half dozen people waiting to pay at the ticket machine and they don't start to look for the ticket of Credit Card Until hey are at the front of the line Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down