NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floods and insurance claims,,,

Go down

Floods and insurance claims,,, Empty Floods and insurance claims,,,

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Just wondered about this, as we have never had severe flooding , wondered about those poor folk whose houses have been ruined with water..

Each insurance company has different rules, and a few years back I heard that some insurance will companies like be looking at stopping payouts for 'acts of God'.
If this is true with those flood victims insurance companies,then they are in for financial heartbreak.

I couldn't see why they wouldn't pay out for flooding, but this is what I had heard before, perhaps it was bollocks?

We don't know which insurance companies those folk are with anyway.

How awful would that be?, insurance companies not meeting the whole cost of the claimant ?

Even worse if they never paid out at all!

More tears on top of God's?...

Back to top Go down

Floods and insurance claims,,, Empty Re: Floods and insurance claims,,,

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Joy Division wrote:Just wondered about this, as we have never had severe flooding , wondered about those poor folk whose houses have been ruined with water..

Each insurance company has different rules, and a few years back I heard that some insurance will  companies like be looking at stopping payouts for 'acts of God'.
If this is true with those flood victims insurance companies,then they are in for financial heartbreak.

I couldn't see why they wouldn't pay out for flooding, but this is what I had heard before, perhaps it was bollocks?

We don't know which insurance companies those folk are with anyway.

How awful would that be?, insurance companies not meeting the whole cost of the claimant ?

Even worse if they never paid out  at all!

More tears on top of God's?...

always been the case with insurance, if you was hit by a white rhino on shrove tuesday you were covered anything that could actually happen you are not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:27 pm

I believe the "act of god" cop-out for the money spinning fat cat pocket lining insurance scam system has actually been dropped ...outlawed??? But just watch these disgusting rich "names" go howling to the govt for a bail out when this bites em...oh and watch out cos we are all going to get hit with a £10 insurance "surcharge" to cover em for future events. I.E ...we can now get away with making even MORE profit for our masters...(AKA jabba the Hut)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:27 pm

they like sucking it in like leaches....they dont like having to pay out....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:31 pm

you can bet your life it will mean more expensive house insurance for everyone..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:43 pm

In flood-prone areas, the government made assurances to the insurance companies that the tax-payer would pay (all or part, don't know)?

If I remember rightly a few years ago this agreement was coming to an end - not sure what happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Yep - every household pays extra, so those few get cheap insurance.

As always, the worker pays for the few.

https://www.abi.org.uk/News/News-releases/2013/06/ABI-and-Government-agree-Memorandum-of-Understanding-on-scheme-to-safeguard-UK-flood-insurance

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c72eb73a-79e1-11e3-a3e6-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2sw0NMUGk

There was widespread relief last summer when insurance companies and the government struck an outline agreement to ensure that all flood-hit areas would continue to get coverage.

The Flood Re scheme, due to start next year, involves every household in the country paying about £10 a year to ensure that the industry provides universal flood cover.

Last edited by BigAndy9 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Thats it then....nuke them.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:02 pm

How did I know i would end up paying towards yet another disaster i had nothing to do with... :D :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:15 pm

of course you had every thing to do with it....stop encouraging that sky numpty of yours, you just get him all unnecessary , and then see what happens..... Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Everybody here in the U.S. used to hate the health insurance companies uniformly ... then Obama proposed doing something about it, and the right-wingers went nuts! (Even though they'd proposed doing basically the same thing.)

Right-wing commentator Glenn Beck even went from talking about how deplorable our health care system is to calling it the greatest health care in the world -- as soon as Obama began talking about reform:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Everybody here in the U.S. used to hate the health insurance companies uniformly ... then Obama proposed doing something about it, and the right-wingers went nuts! (Even though they'd proposed doing basically the same thing.)

Right-wing commentator Glenn Beck even went from talking about how deplorable our health care system is to calling it the greatest health care in the world -- as soon as Obama began talking about reform:

off topic to the extreme as health care is not the issue with UK flood victims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:03 pm

It's about hating insurance, it's fine. There actually is no rule that you have to stay strictly on topic -- while there is a rule against diverting every topic to one or two of your own "pet topics," we've had plenty of threads that started about, say, interesting books and turned into discussions of regional pancake recipes :D
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It's about hating insurance, it's fine. There actually is no rule that you have to stay strictly on topic -- while there is a rule against diverting every topic to one or two of your own "pet topics," we've had plenty of threads that started about, say, interesting books and turned into discussions of regional pancake recipes :D

pancake recipes are OK then. lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:16 pm

As long as they're not thinly not-even veiled homophobia meant to bait and antagonize other members, they're fine!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:20 pm

pancakes are always good..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:22 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Yep - every household pays extra, so those few get cheap insurance.

https://www.abi.org.uk/News/News-releases/2013/06/ABI-and-Government-agree-Memorandum-of-Understanding-on-scheme-to-safeguard-UK-flood-insurance

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c72eb73a-79e1-11e3-a3e6-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2sw0NMUGk

There was widespread relief last summer when insurance companies and the government struck an outline agreement to ensure that all flood-hit areas would continue to get coverage.

The Flood Re scheme, due to start next year, involves every household in the country paying about £10 a year to ensure that the industry provides universal flood cover.

@JD - flood claims are not considered Acts of God, flood is an insurable peril.

Regarding Flood Re, note this applies to homes and not businesses.  Many countries susceptible to flooding exclude the cover altogether or apply a maximum loss limit.  Let's hope we don't end up in that position  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:36 pm

feelthelove wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Yep - every household pays extra, so those few get cheap insurance.

Regarding Flood Re, note this applies to homes and not businesses.  Many countries susceptible to flooding exclude the cover altogether or apply a maximum loss limit.  Let's hope we don't end up in that position  No

Flood Re excludes homes built after a certain year - 2009 I think and quite right. Then again as I said the other day - give it a few months and they'll be talking about how we need 5 million new houses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:40 pm

feelthelove wrote:

...well on a programme I was listening to on the radio before , floods were regarded as 'acts of God' FTL...Maybe not by all insurance companies at the time but certainly by some ,mama they were talking of the higher amounts of claims and the lass form one of the insurance companies had said that they were no longer looking to cover folk from floods in certain areas of high risk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm sure some don't. But some don't insure certain people in certain cars. Did you follow my links?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:26 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I'm sure some don't.  But some don't insure certain people in certain cars.  Did you follow my links?

...Nut, I didnae! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:03 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I'm sure some don't.  But some don't insure certain people in certain cars.  Did you follow my links?

Did you keep your word and read up on the NAS Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:13 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Did you keep your word and read up on the NAS Andy?

Yes. Them bloody yanks are always watchin us, b4st4rds!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down