NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The fascinating maps that reveal Europe's most densely populated countries (and England is NOT No1)

+2
veya_victaous
Vintage
6 posters

Go down

The fascinating maps that reveal Europe's most densely populated countries (and England is NOT No1)  Empty The fascinating maps that reveal Europe's most densely populated countries (and England is NOT No1)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:23 pm

[*]Many believe that England is one of the most densely populated places in Europe
[*]But it has been revealed that overall Holland and Spain are much more cramped
[*]In one part of Barcelona, 53,000 people live in one square kilometre of the city  

The fascinating maps that reveal Europe's most densely populated countries (and England is NOT No1)  4AAA994F00000578-5558193-image-a-67_1522323374419

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-5558193/The-fascinating-maps-reveal-Europes-densely-populated-countries.html#ixzz5B9iMsUqI 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

The fascinating maps that reveal Europe's most densely populated countries (and England is NOT No1)  Empty Re: The fascinating maps that reveal Europe's most densely populated countries (and England is NOT No1)

Post by Vintage Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:33 am

Interesting what you can do with statistics. Its rather a diiferent picture with density per sq Kilometer. No doubt there are other ways of coming up with different numbers as well. In the right hands we could probably compare Birmingham's population density very favourably with the remotest outback area in Australia.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The fascinating maps that reveal Europe's most densely populated countries (and England is NOT No1)  Empty Re: The fascinating maps that reveal Europe's most densely populated countries (and England is NOT No1)

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:31 am

Vintage wrote:Interesting what you can do with statistics. Its rather a diiferent picture with density per sq Kilometer. No doubt there are other ways of coming up with different numbers as well. In the right hands we could probably compare Birmingham's population density very favourably with the remotest outback area in Australia.

It is a picture based on density per square kilometer

Not sure why you are so bothered about facts here?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:53 am

TO be fair I don't think i have ever heard anyone but the English Suggest that England is highly populated or densely populated. Because Obviously it is not by any sort of standard.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:59 am

veya_victaous wrote:
TO be fair I don't think i have ever heard anyone but the English Suggest that England is highly populated or densely populated. Because Obviously it is not by any sort of standard.

The fascinating maps that reveal Europe's most densely populated countries (and England is NOT No1)  2035286543

Too true, that...

Those good Englische men and wimmin folks who keep on whinging that their jolly little island is so grossly "overcrowded" should be sent off for a few weeks holiday to places like Dhaka, Hong Kong, Mexico City, Shanghai, Mumbai, Jakarta, Singapore, Manila..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:23 am

veya_victaous wrote:TO be fair I don't think i have ever heard anyone but the English Suggest that England is highly populated or densely populated. Because Obviously it is not by any sort of standard.

I don’t think you’ll find people who live in remote country areas saying that but in towns and cities, especially London, it is densely populated.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:44 pm

eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:TO be fair I don't think i have ever heard anyone but the English Suggest that England is highly populated or densely populated. Because Obviously it is not by any sort of standard.

I don’t think you’ll find people who live in remote country areas saying that but in towns and cities, especially London, it is densely populated.  

I was going to say, it's really only London and Manchester. Glasgow is more spread out.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

I was going to say, it's really only London and Manchester.  Glasgow is more spread out.

Yes, Glasgow is spread out a little as you say, but I think it’s because people are scared to go to Glasgow, to be fair.... Neutral
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:30 am

eddie wrote:

And it still doesn't even rank by world standards
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_population_density

London is about 13,500 per square mile,
the least densely populated to make the list was almost 46K per square mile Wink
the most densely populated is Manila is about 107,561 per square mile
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:20 am

and even london is a rats nest....
the POINT is we brits dont like too close neighbours......

we aint constituted to think sharing farts with people is what life is about....

we dont like producing hotbeds of pestillence

look at london...its a shithole of untreatable TB and increasingly untreatable VD. murder and vice.

manchester is only 1/2 a step behind, and dont get me started on birmingham....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:08 am

Lord Foul wrote:and even london is a rats nest....
the POINT is we brits dont like too close neighbours......

we aint constituted to think sharing farts with people is what life is about....

we dont like producing hotbeds of pestillence

look at london...its a shithole of untreatable TB and increasingly untreatable VD. murder and vice.

manchester is only 1/2 a step behind, and dont get me started on birmingham....

so you think London is magically more density populated than it is due to your 'feelings' lord precious snowflake? Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down