NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow rollercoaster stops and no one notices

4 posters

Go down

Slow rollercoaster stops and no one notices  Empty Slow rollercoaster stops and no one notices

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:42 am

The "slowest rollercoaster in Japan" derailed this week - and passengers didn't notice.

A wheel on one of the cars is thought to have disengaged from the rail, causing the Family Coaster at Arakawa Amusement Park in Arakawa Ward, Tokyo, to grind to a halt on Friday.

With seven adults and 12 children trapped on the ride five metres (16 feet) above the ground, the situation could have sparked panic.

However, thanks to the leisurely pace of the ride, the passengers initially weren't bothered.

"The coaster was moving so slowly, I didn't notice it had stopped," a woman in her 30s and her six-year-old son who were on the ride at the time of the accident explained to local media.

The ride is billed on the park's website as "the slowest rollercoaster in Japan" and is around 140 meters long.

Bemusement eventually turned to concern when workmen began to hit the train with hammers and staff attempted to push the train without explaining the situation to those still on board.

Customers called the emergency police number 110 and rescue crews arrived at the scene to help evacuate those stuck on the ride.

Those involved in the incident are calling on investigators to examine the incident and find the cause of the malfunction to prevent the same problem occurring in the future.

No injuries were reported.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/offbeat/slow-rollercoaster-stops-and-no-one-notices/ar-BBKHhMc?ocid=ientp
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Slow rollercoaster stops and no one notices  Empty Re: Slow rollercoaster stops and no one notices

Post by eddie Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:25 am

What, is the point, of a slow rollercoaster?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Slow rollercoaster stops and no one notices  Empty Re: Slow rollercoaster stops and no one notices

Post by nicko Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:33 am

Hey Eddie, do you know why people put their arms in the air when they ride roller coasters, [not a trick question]?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:32 am

veya_victaous wrote:
- workmen began to hit the train with hammers -
That's the closest they got to getting any thrills, they certainly weren't getting any from the usual source - speed! Slow rollercoaster stops and no one notices  3489511464 Slow rollercoaster stops and no one notices  3489511464

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:47 am

eddie wrote:What, is the point, of a slow rollercoaster?
None. Evil or Very Mad  All they got for their money was being hoisted high up in the air, high enough to get a great arial view of the whole park so that's something I suppose.

There is usually a separate train ride which is entirely different, the slow cruise round the entire perimeter of the park. The manger should scrap the worthless 'rollercoaster' ride and just keep the slow perimeter one ffs. Smile

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:52 am

nicko wrote:Hey Eddie, do you know why people put their arms in the air when they ride roller coasters, [not a trick question]?

Comme ça ? >> cheers
Just an expression of joy, and getting into the spirit of it all, I s'pose.
[I know it's not me you asked, but I can't help commenting. Laughing ]

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Ok Jules, just wondered because i'v been on a few and never felt the need to raise my arms.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:13 pm

Women raise their arms to stop their boobs from flying about.
And it also makes you look pert for the photos, perhaps.

Men raise their arms because they’re all small boys who pretend they’re Superman.

I don’t raise my arms because I am not brave enough.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down