NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'I'm free from this living hell': Haunting last words of man who took his own life after fake rape claim... as police finally investigate accuser

+3
magica
Syl
eddie
7 posters

Go down

'I'm free from this living hell': Haunting last words of man who took his own life after fake rape claim... as police finally investigate accuser   Empty 'I'm free from this living hell': Haunting last words of man who took his own life after fake rape claim... as police finally investigate accuser

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:39 am

[*]Ross Bullock, 38, took his own life because of distress caused by rape allegation
[*]Mr Bullock's parents may now take civil action against West Mercia police 
[*]His accuser is now being investigated for perverting the course of justice 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5513559/Redditch-forklift-truck-driver-took-life-fake-rape-claim.html#ixzz5A6F0sCGz 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

'I'm free from this living hell': Haunting last words of man who took his own life after fake rape claim... as police finally investigate accuser   Empty Re: 'I'm free from this living hell': Haunting last words of man who took his own life after fake rape claim... as police finally investigate accuser

Post by eddie Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Can we please at least have a little of the story?

A man accused of rape killed himself after police refused to believe that texts on his phone proved the sex had been consensual.

The accuser is now being investigated for perverting the course of justice, following an inquest at which a coroner said Ross Bullock, 38, took his own life because of the ‘distress’ caused by the allegation.

After his arrest in March 2015, Mr Bullock was questioned by police and bailed for a month despite showing them text messages that strongly suggested he was innocent. Even when officers decided against action, he was warned he could be charged at a later date. Finally, after a ‘year of torment’, Mr Bullock hanged himself in the garage of the family home, leaving a note revealing he had ‘hit rock bottom’ and that with his death ‘I’m free from this living hell’.

His body was found by his mother Carole. His father Ronald, 76, said: ‘Ross would still be alive now if the police had dealt with the allegation sensitively.’ And Mrs Bullock, 74, added: ‘The allegation changed Ross as a person. He cut himself off.’

The Mail on Sunday has previously reported a series of cases that have exposed grave police failings over rape accusations.

Mr Bullock’s parents may now take civil action against West Mercia Police and are calling for the accuser – who was in a relationship with another man when she and Ross had sex – to be charged. Police confirmed they are investigating an allegation of perverting the course of justice.

Mr Bullock, a forklift truck driver from Redditch, Worcestershire, met his accuser in February 2015 and they had sex at his workplace. The pair shared dozens of flirtatious texts afterwards.

In one exchange, Mr Bullock said: ‘Well I hope u had a good time.’ The woman replied: ‘It was alright I suppose!! X.’

I undertand how awful this must have been for him but I can’t help but despise his weakness over feeling that he had to die. It’s just fucking ridiculous.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

'I'm free from this living hell': Haunting last words of man who took his own life after fake rape claim... as police finally investigate accuser   Empty Re: 'I'm free from this living hell': Haunting last words of man who took his own life after fake rape claim... as police finally investigate accuser

Post by Syl Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:44 pm

I hope the woman is charged. She is responsible for putting this poor man through hell.
Its tragic he wasn't strong enough to get over it, but I suppose we have to walk in someone's shoes and feel what they are feeling before we judge his actions.
I feel terribly sorry for his parents too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Being accused of rape when innocent is a hard cross to bear. He wasn't weak, just desperate, maybe very depressed. No matter the outcome, fingers would always point at him.

Yes the women should be in prison for lying.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:44 pm

magica wrote:Being accused of rape when innocent is a hard cross to bear. He wasn't weak, just desperate, maybe very depressed. No matter the outcome, fingers would always point at him.

People can get over things if they want to. He should’ve given himself some time. Suicide is cowardly and weak in most, not all, cases.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:35 pm

eddie wrote:
magica wrote:Being accused of rape when innocent is a hard cross to bear. He wasn't weak, just desperate, maybe very depressed. No matter the outcome, fingers would always point at him.

People can get over things if they want to. He should’ve given himself some time.  Suicide is cowardly and weak in most, not all, cases.
I don't believe suicide is cowardly and weak.

Often the mind is disturbed. I was listening to someone talking who had tried to kill themselves. That person said at the time she thought she was a drain on the people who loved, she wanted them to be free, so to her she was being very unselfish.
After she got better she realised this wasn't the case.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:47 pm

eddie wrote:

People can get over things if they want to. He should’ve given himself some time.  Suicide is cowardly and weak in most, not all, cases.

Easy to say Ed, but to understand how he feels you have to walk on his shoes.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:53 pm

That’s what I just said. People get over things with time.
Suicide is entirely a selfish act.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Not everyone can get over the horrible things that have happened to them.
Some do, some live with it and are never the same again, some cant get over it, some people prefer to end their lives than carry on living with the horror, hurt, depression, whatever their situation is.

I know of three people who committed suicide, one jumped after she found her husband was a paedophile, one set fire to herself in the bath after suffering years of illness and depression.
The other was long ago, a teacher at the school I attended.

All left behind unimaginable hurt, but I cant say any of them were cowards or selfish in the circumstances.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Syl wrote:Not everyone can get over the horrible things that have happened to them.
Some do, some live with it and are never the same again, some cant get over it, some people prefer to end their lives than carry on living with the horror, hurt, depression, whatever their situation is.

I know of three people who committed suicide, one jumped after she found her husband was a paedophile, one set fire to herself in the bath after suffering years of illness and depression.
The other was long ago, a teacher at the school I attended.

All left behind unimaginable hurt, but I cant say any of them were cowards or selfish in the circumstances.

I agree. We might not be able to understand why people do things like this, but they do deserve our sympathy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:46 pm

I just think we cant judge unless we have walked in that persons shoes, and that's impossible.

I do know for the people who are left behind, especially parents when a child kills themselves, the pain must be absolutely unbearable.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:54 pm

It must be Syl. I used to think it was the cowards way out, but really it takes guts or probably so much self loathing, depression, to go through with it.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:34 am

Try living with never ending pain day after day, month after month, year after year with no hope of ever being free of it. Pain killers that mess your mind up that sometimes you don't know who you are or what the fuck your doing. people who are sound in body and mind saying "get over it" don't have a fucking clue and until they'v experienced living,[living, that's a joke]withit should keep their opinions to them selves cause they don't have a fucking clue !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:29 am

eddie wrote:That’s what I just said. People get over things with time.
Suicide is entirely a selfish act.

So what? It was his life, and he couldn't bear it - because of being falsely accused.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:19 pm

nicko wrote:Try living with never ending pain day after day, month after month, year after year with no hope of ever being free of it. Pain killers that mess your mind up that sometimes you don't know who you are or what the fuck your doing. people who are sound in body and mind saying "get over it" don't have a fucking clue and until they'v experienced living,[living, that's a joke]withit should keep their opinions to them selves cause they don't have a fucking clue !

I think anyone who tells someone who is permanently or terminally ill to 'get over it' must have an empathy gene malfunction.
Its a sad thing but to some people illness in others is irritating. Good health is a gift, when its taken away its no ones fault, so how can people get over it?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:33 pm

I agree Syl.  Living in so much pain and knowing there's no cure, nothing will get better is a bitter pill to swallow.

If this is your health Nicko, bless you and hope you find peace within yourself x
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:35 pm

Thank you Magica, it takes a lot of guts to commit suicide, up to now Iv thought about it many times, but I can't leave my Wife of 57 years, [or my Cat, of 12] Smile
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:52 pm

nicko wrote:Thank you Magica,  it takes a lot of guts to commit suicide,   up to now Iv thought about it many times, but I can't leave my Wife of 57 years,  [or my Cat, of 12] Smile

I'll always remember what my mother taught me: suicide is a coward's exit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Quill you don't know what your talking about till you'v experienced it. Your another one of the "get over it " type !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:04 pm

nicko wrote:Quill you don't know what your talking about till you'v experienced it.     Your another one of the "get over it " type !

It's just words that I lived by, and helped me through some difficult times. I considered my mother a great moral teacher. I wouldn't want to "get over it" with a leader like that.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:05 pm

nicko wrote:Try living with never ending pain day after day, month after month, year after year with no hope of ever being free of it. Pain killers that mess your mind up that sometimes you don't know who you are or what the fuck your doing. people who are sound in body and mind saying "get over it" don't have a fucking clue and until they'v experienced living,[living, that's a joke]withit should keep their opinions to them selves cause they don't have a fucking clue !

Well, I did say most, not all cases. I think assisted suicide when people are terminally ill is a good and kind thing.

This is different. He was accused of something, he was innocent and so he decided to kill himself? I’m sorry, I think that’s a poor and wholly selfish thing to do.
It was an accusation, he was found to be innocent, so why kill himself? I’m betting he had other mental health issues because I can’t see why he’d have taken his life otherwise.

Last edited by eddie on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Maybe he got sick of people judging him.
When someone is accused of rape, mud sticks....no smoke without fire etc....people are very quick to judge others.
The woman lied through her teeth, but as her name remains private (for now at least) she can carry on regardless.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:Thank you Magica,  it takes a lot of guts to commit suicide,   up to now Iv thought about it many times, but I can't leave my Wife of 57 years,  [or my Cat, of 12] Smile

I think someone has to be quite brave to know they are about to kill themselves...its so final.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I think someone has to be quite brave to know they are about to kill themselves...its so final.

A final escape. I think my mother didn't like the idea of escaping, as opposed to turning and facing it head on.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:36 pm

They must also have severe depression, thinking there's nothing to live for.

If in great pain like you Nicko, I think you're brave to stay alive x
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Syl wrote:Maybe he got sick of people judging him.
When someone is accused of rape, mud sticks....no smoke without fire etc....people are very quick to judge others.
The woman lied through her teeth, but as her name remains private (for now at least) she can carry on regardless.

I never said it was fair.

My point is that life is fucking tough but it’s also a gift. To throw it away over something someone else said - accusation or not - is just unforgivable.

I’m sorry, I have no time for suicides like this one.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:51 pm

eddie wrote:

My point is that life is fucking tough but it’s also a gift. To throw it away over something someone else said - accusation or not - is just unforgivable.

OK.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

A final escape.  I think my mother didn't like the idea of escaping, as opposed to turning and facing it head on.

Your mum sounds like my mum....tough and able to cope no matter what crap life throws your way.
Not all people have that same sort of coping mechanism, and not all people are terminally ill or live with endless pain, be it mental or physical.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

A final escape.  I think my mother didn't like the idea of escaping, as opposed to turning and facing it head on.

Your mum sounds like my mum....tough and able to cope no matter what crap life throws your way.
Not all people have that same sort of coping mechanism, and not all people are terminally ill or live with endless pain, be it mental or physical.

Yet, who do we want the world to turn to for leadership when times are rough? Your mum and my mum, that's who. I understand the difficulties... At times like those, it's not facts, but inspiration, that one needs.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yet, who do we want the world to turn to for leadership when times are rough?  Your mum and my mum, that's who.  I understand the difficulties...  At times like those, it's not facts, but inspiration, that one needs.  

That's true Quill.

But not everyone is cut out or wants to be a leader, and who knows how they would act anyway if they were suddenly faced with unbearable pain?
Plus...even leaders have been known to commit suicide rather than face what life is throwing at them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:31 pm

eddie wrote:

Well, I did say most, not all cases. I think assisted suicide when people are terminally ill is a good and kind thing.

This is different. He was accused of something, he was innocent and so he decided to kill himself? I’m sorry, I think that’s a poor and wholly selfish thing to do.
It was an accusation, he was found to be innocent, so why kill himself? I’m betting he had other mental health issues because I can’t see why he’d have taken his life otherwise.

It was still hanging over him though. Perhaps he couldn't trust anyone after that. Perhaps the world seemed a hostile place, full of liars trying to harm him. Perhaps he thought everyone hated him and thought he was guilty. Perhaps he developed clinical depression as a result of all that. I think it's really bad of you to judge him in this manner.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:33 pm

eddie wrote:

It wasn't just over what someone else said though was it? It was an accusation of a crime which carries a prison sentence, and it was done to try to ruin his life. Who are you to say that he shouldn't be forgiven? It wasn't your life was it?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yet, who do we want the world to turn to for leadership when times are rough?  Your mum and my mum, that's who.  I understand the difficulties...  At times like those, it's not facts, but inspiration, that one needs.  

That's true Quill.

But not everyone is cut out or wants to be a leader, and who knows how they would act anyway if they were suddenly faced with unbearable pain?
Plus...even leaders have been known to commit suicide rather than face what life is throwing at them.

Hahaha...yes, chalk it up to Shit Happens! Many who never wanted leadership roles, end up being chosen for that very role. Fate writes the script, not the person playing in it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Maybe if the police had said straight away that there was clearly no case, and they had charged the woman with wasting police time or some such charge at the time, this poor man might be alive today.

It's not enough to just say they won't be charging him. There should have been no question of them charging him in the first place, and there was no reason to arrest him either.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

It wasn't just over what someone else said though was it? It was an accusation of a crime which carries a prison sentence, and it was done to try to ruin his life. Who are you to say that he shouldn't be forgiven? It wasn't your life was it?

Who am I? I’m a poster debating the OP. That’s what forums are for.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Maybe if the police had said straight away that there was clearly no case, and they had charged the woman with wasting police time or some such charge at the time, this poor man might be alive today.

It's not enough to just say they won't be charging him. There should have been no question of them charging him in the first place, and there was no reason to arrest him either.

On these points, we agree.
She should be charged too.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down