NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend

4 posters

Go down

Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend Empty Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend

Post by eddie Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:09 pm

An alarming new trend involving teenagers eating detergent capsules and posting the videos on YouTube could “put them in danger”, health officials have warned.

The concerning 'Tide Pod Challenge' phenomenon has spread across social media since the turn of the year.

Teenagers have filmed themselves biting into Tide laundry detergent capsules, with some of the videos racking up more than 100,000 hits before being removed by YouTube.

The first mention of the 'Tide Pod Challenge' on YouTube dates back to June 2014, while parody website The Onion followed this up with a satirical op-ed about the pods in 2015.

A video by CollegeHumor titled ‘Don't Eat the Laundry Pods’ posted in March 2017 has been viewed more than three million times and towards the end of last year it spread into a popular meme.

Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend B4ef4f10

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/13/warning-alarming-tide-pod-challenge-detergent-eating-youtube/

So. How stupid are these people? Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend 2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend Empty Re: Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm

eddie wrote:An alarming new trend involving teenagers eating detergent capsules and posting the videos on YouTube could  “put them in danger”, health officials have warned.  

The concerning 'Tide Pod Challenge' phenomenon has spread across social media since the turn of the year.

Teenagers have filmed themselves biting into Tide laundry detergent capsules, with some of the videos racking up more than 100,000 hits before being removed by YouTube.

The first mention of the 'Tide Pod Challenge' on YouTube dates back to June 2014, while parody website The Onion followed this up with a satirical op-ed about the pods in 2015.

A video by CollegeHumor titled ‘Don't Eat the Laundry Pods’ posted in March 2017 has been viewed more than three million times and towards the end of last year it spread into a popular meme.

Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend B4ef4f10

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/13/warning-alarming-tide-pod-challenge-detergent-eating-youtube/

So. How stupid are these people? Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend 2190311264

No worries. I'm sure there will be a law to address this soon. Can't have anarchy where it's legal to eat a soap pod.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend Empty Re: Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend

Post by eddie Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Listen, I don’t want a law brought in. If people are stupid enough to eat soap then I say let them.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:46 pm

eddie wrote:Listen, I don’t want a law brought in. If people are stupid enough to eat soap then I say let them.

You're taking baby steps to the dark side. Congratulations. Next you will think people should be allowed to be dumb enough to drive without seatbelts.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:Listen, I don’t want a law brought in. If people are stupid enough to eat soap then I say let them.

You're taking baby steps to the dark side.  Congratulations.  Next you will think people should be allowed to be dumb enough to drive without seatbelts.  

How do you know I don’t?
I think that people who have no real voice should be made to wear a seatbelt - like children.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:46 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You're taking baby steps to the dark side.  Congratulations.  Next you will think people should be allowed to be dumb enough to drive without seatbelts.  

How do you know I don’t?
I think that people who have no real voice should be made to wear a seatbelt - like children.  

Agreed. Children must be protected. Grown ups should be free to be stupid.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 pm

it's okay for the American to say that, since he is happy to let the idiot citizen die (or at least force them to pay for their own treatment) here we the tax payers have to pay the medical bill so it is cheaper to protect the idiots from themselves.

And the idiot with out a seat belt, same deal it is lot more resources wasted dealing with a fatal accident than non fatal one. Let alone the idiot becomes a projectile to kill/injure the other occupants.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:04 am

veya_victaous wrote:it's okay for the American to say that, since he is happy to let the idiot citizen die (or at least force them to pay for their own treatment) here we the tax payers have to pay the medical bill so it is cheaper to protect the idiots from themselves.

And the idiot with out a seat belt, same deal it is lot more resources wasted dealing with a fatal accident than non fatal one. Let alone the idiot becomes a projectile to kill/injure the other occupants.

No doubt. Once you collectively repair broken bodies, you can collectively limit what people can do with their bodies. Which is why I laugh at people who think they actually own their own bodies in most countries. They don't.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:54 am

people own their bodies, just because you own a car doesn't mean you can stop it in the middle of the road and light it on fire Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
hell you can Own a car outright and not be allowed to drive it without a License and insurance.

protections and even restrictions do not stop you owning something.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:02 am

veya_victaous wrote:people own their bodies, just because you own a car doesn't mean you can stop it in the middle of the road and light it on fire Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  
hell you can Own a car outright and not be allowed to drive it without a License and insurance.

Dude, you don't own your own body if you can't abuse it anyway you want to.

Your analogy is stupid too.

Just admit it and move on. The government regulates what you can do to your body. It does it in Australia and in the US.

Last edited by Maddog on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:16 am

Self inflicted stupidity at its’ finest. Go Darwinism!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:22 am

Cass wrote:Self inflicted stupidity at its’ finest. Go Darwinism!

It's the only way to improve the human race. Stopping the stupid people and letting them live, and then breed is doing no one any favors. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:59 am

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:people own their bodies, just because you own a car doesn't mean you can stop it in the middle of the road and light it on fire Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  

Just admit it and move on. The government regulates what you can do to your body. It does it in Australia and in the US.

You can own a dog and can not abuse it anyway you want Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
(just like a car there is still restrictions and regulations)

You're wrong just admit it, the idea that you need to be able to do stupid things and be able to abuse it to own it is NOT true. the fact there is regulations around ownership does Not in any way void ownership

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:02 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You can own a dog and can not abuse it anyway you want Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
(just like a car there is still restrictions and regulations)

You're wrong just admit it, the idea that you need to be able to do stupid things and be able to abuse it to own it is NOT true. the fact there is regulations around ownership does Not in any way void ownership

So what you can do with your body is regulated, and yet you think it's yours?

Do you even hear yourself?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:08 am

it is mine as much as my car, house or dogs Wink

do you hear yourself?
by your logic the fact you cant brutalise your dog means you don't own it.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:10 am

veya_victaous wrote:it is mine as much as my car, house or dogs Wink

do you hear yourself?
by your logic the fact you cant brutalise your dog means you don't own it.

A dog is not really me. I don't think that's a good comparison. I'm talking about your body, not another beings.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down