NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gender neutral confusion.

5 posters

Go down

Gender neutral confusion. Empty Gender neutral confusion.

Post by Syl Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Singer Paloma Faith....the woman who made lots of noise about bringing her child, and any others she may have as completely gender neutral, is now moaning because there are so few girls compared with males being chosen to sing at the Brits.

How does that work??
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Gender neutral confusion. Empty Re: Gender neutral confusion.

Post by eddie Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Syl wrote:Singer Paloma Faith....the woman who made lots of noise about bringing her child, and any others she may have as completely gender neutral, is now moaning because there are so few girls compared with males being chosen to sing at the Brits.

How does that work??

Because she's a puppet who jumped on the puppet bandwagon without thinking through her stance and then not owning it.

Perhaps I'm wrong of course.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Who???
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:23 pm

She is a bit of an oddball Brit singer Cass, she was also a judge on "The voice" talent show a couple of years ago.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Paloma means dove in Spanish. Just my little tidbit of information. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Thank you Maddog....that's my intellect quota boosted for the day. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:12 pm

Well known by some for massacaring of the Rugby World Cup theme 'World in Union'.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Vintage wrote:Well known by some for massacaring of the Rugby World Cup theme 'World in Union'.

Did she....I know she took an old INXS number and didn't do that one justice either.
You cant improve on the original.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Almost everyone prefers no 1 Kiri Tikanawa, others who passed the test Haley Westernra, Catherine Jenkins and Shirley Bassey to name a few. All who seem to have pure tone and power in ther voices, Paloma Faith has a sort of laid back delivery. I heard her on a programme over Christmas singing her latest offering while anchored to the scenery by her dress = I turned over before my cat joined in, I have heard her singing something I liked can't remember what it was though.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Syl wrote:Thank you Maddog....that's my intellect quota boosted for the day. Laughing

I only know that because I have been dove hunting in Mexico, before Mexico became such a shithole.

I can call Mexico a shithole, can't I ? Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:Thank you Maddog....that's my intellect quota boosted for the day. Laughing

I only know that because I have been dove hunting in Mexico, before Mexico became such a shithole.

I can call Mexico a shithole, can't I ?  Cool  

Yep...this is a free speech forum. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I can call Mexico a shithole, can't I ?  Cool  

That's what Ben Shapiro told me. Now I'm not so sure. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

That's what Ben Shapiro told me. Now I'm not so sure. Wink

Back to gender confusion. Cool

Remember Boy George....he was possibly confused back then, now he is just a gay man, no confusion at all. Odd how he just got on with it without preaching/boring everyone else to death about how he felt.

Maybe we as a society have regressed rather than evolved in the last few decades.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:41 pm

Paloma faith sang to the kfc advert

we got family
we got family
so when i call you up, get,,,,,,,

it didn't make sense to me, i spent ages wondering so who the fuck is Charlene before i realised it was y'all in

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:50 pm

gelico wrote:

we got family
we got family

it didn't make sense to me, i spent ages wondering so who the fuck is Charlene before i realised it was y'all in

lol!

Hahahaha...well if you hadn't said so I would have said she was definitely looking for Charlene. Laughing

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Ok that advert is not going to make me rush out and buy a bucket of chicken. It’s a tad depressing.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

we got family
we got family

lol!

Hahahaha...well if you hadn't said so I would have said she was definitely looking for Charlene. Laughing

kind of you to say so Cool

reminds me of when my youngest was starting school. he was about 5 i suppose and fixated on a girl in his class called chantelle. you know what they are at that age and every morning he wanted to take her a little present in. at the end of the week i said to him ''so who is this Chantelle then? you want her to come over?''

he looked blank then bawled at me, ''it's not Chantelle it's SHOW AND TELL''

Embarassed

on a more positive note, i dont think any of them are confused about their gender so that's all good

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:42 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

kind of you to say so  Cool

reminds me of when my youngest was starting school.  he was about 5 i suppose and fixated on a girl in his class called chantelle.  you know what they are at that age and every morning he wanted to take her a little present in.  at the end of the week i said to him  ''so who is this Chantelle then?  you want her to come over?''  

Embarassed

on a more positive note, i dont think any of them are confused about their gender so that's all good

lol!

We should have a thread about kids and the funny way we misinterpret what they mean sometimes. 

Just to digress a bit we have just found out that an in law of a close family member is gay.
They are both 18, sitting on a bus side by side, and one texed the other one to tell him she was gay....the other one texed back to say, that's OK, so what, sort of thing....and they carried on going where they were going.

I thought that was so lovely.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

kind of you to say so  Cool

reminds me of when my youngest was starting school.  he was about 5 i suppose and fixated on a girl in his class called chantelle.  you know what they are at that age and every morning he wanted to take her a little present in.  at the end of the week i said to him  ''so who is this Chantelle then?  you want her to come over?''  

Embarassed

lol!

We should have a thread about kids and the funny way we misinterpret what they mean sometimes. 

Just to digress a bit we have just found out that an in law of a close family member is gay.
They are both 18, sitting on a bus side by side, and one texed the other one to tell him she was gay....the other one texed back to say, that's OK, so what, sort of thing....and they carried on going where they were going.

I thought that was so lovely.

ah, it really is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 pm

I think there is some confusion about what 'gender neurtral' is. It basically means not bringing children up to conform to gender stereotypes. I actually expect most of us did it, I know mine were told they could be anything they wanted to be and didn't have to be nurses for girls, engineers for boys type thing. If the girls wanted to be car mechanics etc or my son wanted to be a nurse.

That seems to be exactly what she meant as well:

Paloma Faith has opened up about the recent reports that she has chosen to raise her child gender neutral.

The singer welcomed her first baby with French boyfriend Leyman Lahcine in December last year, but refused to reveal a gender or name – recently revealing that they are raising the child gender neutral.

And speaking on Lorraine on Wednesday, she explained the reasons for her decision – and it has as much to do with privacy as identity.

‘I think people are getting confused between the privacy element and the gender neutrality,’ Paloma pointed out.

‘They might be shy and might not want people to know that I’m their mum so I’m not going to put that on them.’

‘So that’s one thing and then the other thing is that I believe it’s very important for me, for boys to learn about kindness and nurturing and dolls give boys that opportunity and then it’s very important for girls to believe they can achieve anything, and be scientists, mathematicians, firefighters, whatever.’

‘The confusion is that I used a word that means different things to different people.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/13/paloma-faith-explains-decision-raise-child-gender-neutral-7155384/

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:49 pm

I think she used the term unwisely if privacy and bringing her child up to be kind, nurturing and aiming high was what she meant.

If she thinks any of the above is restricted to any particular sex she is obviously wrong.

She probably just wanted to sound edgy and get a bit of publicity, the latter worked.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down