NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two mothers arrested for trapping girls in basement where one survived by eating her own hair: report

3 posters

Go down

Two mothers arrested for trapping girls in basement where one survived by eating her own hair: report Empty Two mothers arrested for trapping girls in basement where one survived by eating her own hair: report

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Two Edmonton mothers have been charged with attempted murder, unlawful confinement and abandonment after a babysitter contacted police saying she found two small children with broken bones barricaded in the basement.

Investigators state that one of them — a 3-year-old — may have been staying alive by eating her own hair.
According to the report by the CBC, the two mothers, identified only as JL, age 24, and AM, 23, were taken into custody after a newly hired babysitter reported the horrific scene she discovered when she broke into the blocked-off basement in December.

Edmonton police Chief Rod Knecht explained that the release of the report containing what investigators found is “one to pay attention to. I do have the details. And it’s very disturbing.”

The report states the babysitter was hired for an evening to watch over JL’s  two young daughters, ages 6 and 3, and AM’s three children: ages 2, 3 and 5.

According to the babysitter, she was only to worry about the three children that she would find upstairs, and to not bother with the two in the basement.

After checking on the three upstairs — who the babysitter said looked malnourished — she immediately went to see the two in the basement only to find the door blocked by a piece of furniture.
Pushing it out of the way, she entered the darkened room and found the two small children trapped inside two closed furniture boxes, with the the six-year-old  unconscious.

Following a 911 call, both girls were transported by ambulance to hospital, where the older girl spent days in intensive care.

According to the report, hospital officials described both girls as having broken bones and that the three-year-old had likely been eating her own hair which had been found in her stomach.

“I have to get over the shock of what actually occurred,” explained psychologist Les Block when told of the details. “The shock of these children being placed in such horrific circumstances has to be put to the side in order to try to make sense of what’s going to be happening to them now and into the future.”

Investigators are also looking at abuse the upstairs children received, with the report stating that beatings with a belt may have occurred.

The two women will appear in court on Monday.

You can read more details here.

Back to top Go down

Two mothers arrested for trapping girls in basement where one survived by eating her own hair: report Empty Re: Two mothers arrested for trapping girls in basement where one survived by eating her own hair: report

Post by magica Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 am

Disgusting excuse for mums.

I can't believe they did this to their little children. My heart bleeds for the kiddies. So very neglected and harmed, starved, beaten the lot.

I hope they're locked away for a very long time, life preferably.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Two mothers arrested for trapping girls in basement where one survived by eating her own hair: report Empty Re: Two mothers arrested for trapping girls in basement where one survived by eating her own hair: report

Post by Cass Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:22 am

I feel so sick now. Those poor children. Please may the heel.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:24 am

I read through the article but can see no mention of why, I find it unfathomable that any parent would think to do this. let alone be so brazen about with a baby sitter.

like they say, you need a license to own a dog but not to have kids Suspect Suspect Suspect
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down