NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests

+5
nicko
Cass
HoratioTarr
Maddog
'Wolfie
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests Empty Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests

Post by Guest Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:52 am

Eleanor Roosevelt once quipped that a woman is like a tea bag. You can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.

So the former first lady would most certainly have approved of a new study which suggests women, far from being the weaker sex, are much more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis.

Researchers at the University of Southern Denmark trawled through historic data looking at death rates for men and women who suffered famines and epidemics, or who were sold into slavery.

In virtually every case, they found that women survived their ordeals far longer, often outliving their male counterparts by years, even when conditions were equally dire.

For example, before the Irish Potato Famine, which devastated the country from 1845 to 1849, both men and women lived until they were 38, on average. But at the height of the crisis, although life expectancy dropped to 18.17 for men, it only fell to 22.4 for women.

The same pattern was seen during the Swedish famine of 1772-1773 and the Ukraine harvest failures of 1933. Women also lived longer during two 19th century Icelandic measles outbreaks, with females lasting up to two years longer than men.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/01/08/women-biologically-stronger-men-likely-survive-life-threatening/

Back to top Go down

Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests Empty Re: Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:39 am

pirat

That's all very well looking back over the generations...

However, I reckon a large minorty percentage of the current "z-gen'/millenial" crop of cacooned snowflakes, urban princesses and forever-teens might not measure up to what their grandmothers and great-grandmothers may have managed in the past..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests Empty Re: Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Didge wrote:Eleanor Roosevelt once quipped that a woman is like a tea bag. You can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.

So the former first lady would most certainly have approved of a new study which suggests women, far from being the weaker sex, are much more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis.

Researchers at the University of Southern Denmark trawled through historic data looking at death rates for men and women who suffered famines and epidemics, or who were sold into slavery.

In virtually every case, they found that women survived their ordeals far longer, often outliving their male counterparts by years, even when conditions were equally dire.

For example, before the Irish Potato Famine, which devastated the country from 1845 to 1849, both men and women lived until they were 38, on average. But at the height of the crisis, although life expectancy dropped to 18.17  for men, it only fell to 22.4 for women.

The same pattern was seen during the Swedish famine of 1772-1773 and the Ukraine harvest failures of 1933. Women also lived longer during two 19th century Icelandic measles outbreaks, with females lasting up to two years longer than men.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/01/08/women-biologically-stronger-men-likely-survive-life-threatening/

Women had higher survival rates on the Titanic too. Was that down to biology or societal norms?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:44 pm

Not exactly a revelation. It's long been proved that women endure cold, starvation etc for longer than men. Something to do with the body fat ratio and being built to survive childbirth. A woman's body fat is subcutaneous which makes it a better insulator and these fat stores are needed to feed a baby. If you put men and women in an outdoor survival situation, the women will survive for longer.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:27 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:Eleanor Roosevelt once quipped that a woman is like a tea bag. You can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.

For example, before the Irish Potato Famine, which devastated the country from 1845 to 1849, both men and women lived until they were 38, on average. But at the height of the crisis, although life expectancy dropped to 18.17  for men, it only fell to 22.4 for women.

Women had higher survival rates on the Titanic too.  Was that down to biology or societal norms?

Who gives a fuck when its irrelevant to the points looked at in the study?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:31 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Women had higher survival rates on the Titanic too.  Was that down to biology or societal norms?

It's not irrelevant. Women are treated differently in times of crisis, which could help explain why they survive better. It could also be down to biological reasons.

Now calm the fuck down dude.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:36 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

It's not irrelevant. Women are treated differently in times of crisis, which could help explain why they survive better. It could also be down to biological reasons.

Oh shut up you wally, I am fine, your point was utterly and mindnumbingly stupid

Can you think why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:41 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Oh shut up you wally, I am fine, your point was utterly and mindnumbingly stupid

Can you think why?

How about you just fuck off dick head?

You have some sort of mental problem that makes you freak out when challenged.

Answer your own fucking question then.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:46 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Can you think why?

So you are mindnumbingly stupid it seems

The Titanic, had a mitigating factor that enabled many women to survive, based off a policy of women and children first.

Hence it had fuck all to do with understanding how women fare better in cases likes famines. Now because clearly you are a peabrain on history and I know history. Espically on the Potato famine and famines like in the Soviet Union. Now equally many women and men died through starvation, but where women fared better their ressistance to diseases and illnesses during famines. One they better adapt to, due to child rasing. 

So I am not going to fuck off you pathetic boy, learn some history, actually read the study and you might realise its you being the dickhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:53 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The Titanic, had a mitigating factor that enabled many women to survive, based off a policy of women and children first.

Hence it had fuck all to do with understanding how women fare better in cases likes famines. Now because clearly you are a peabrain on history and I know history. Espically on the Potato famine and famines like in the Soviet Union. Now equally many women and men died through starvation, but where women fared better their ressistance to diseases and illnesses during famines. One they better adapt to, due to child rasing. 

So I am not going to fuck off you pathetic boy, learn some history, actually read the study and you might realise its you being the dickhead

Like I said earlier cocksucker "Women are treated differently in times of crisis".

A famine and a sinking boat are both a crisis, and both will see women treated differently than men. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Like I said earlier cocksucker  "Women are treated differently in times of crisis".

A famine and a sinking boat are both a crisis, and both will see women treated differently than men. tongue  

Why do imbicilles, think its insulting to say someone sucks cocks, unless they dislike homosexuals or bisexuals?

If you think I do, then clearly you have the mentality of a 8 year boy on the playground

I see the point of the mitigating factor of women and children first went over that peabrain of yours.

So come on Brain of Texas, show how women were advantaged over men, during many famines, when equally they are both starving and dying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:59 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Like I said earlier cocksucker  "Women are treated differently in times of crisis".

Why do imbicilles, think its insulting to say someone sucks cocks, unless they dislike homosexuals or bisexuals?

If you think I do, then clearly you have the mentality of a 8 year boy on the playground

I see the point of the mitigating factor of women and children first went over that peabrain of yours.

So come on Brain of Texas, show how women were advantaged over men, during many famines, when equally they are both starving and dying?

Why were women advantaged over in any crisis?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:01 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Let me post some points from the study for you

Girls born during the famine that struck Ukraine in 1933, for example, lived to 10.85, and boys to 7.3 -- a 50 percent difference.

When the researchers broke the results down by age group, they found that most of the female survival advantage comes from differences in infant mortality. Newborn girls are hardier than newborn boys.

The results suggest that the life expectancy gender gap can't be fully explained by behavioral and social differences between the sexes, such as risk-taking or violence.

Instead, the female advantage in times of crisis may be largely due to biological factors such as genetics or hormones. Estrogens, for example, have been shown to enhance the body's immune defenses against infectious disease.

"Our results add another piece to the puzzle of gender differences in survival," the researchers said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:08 am

Let me help you because you're so fucking stupid. If I were in a famine, I would make sure my wife had more food than me. I'm not that unusual in my thinking. Most men are trained from birth to sacrifice for their women. It's what we do. It's why the men on the Titanic let women go before them. It's part of our social fabric. It's why women get sentenced to shorter periods for the exact same crime, even though the law isn't supposed to let that happen. While chivalry is not what it used to be it's effects are still evident in how woman are still treated differently than men. It's effects were much stronger in years past, you know like during the time periods of those famines.

Is that clear enough for you asshole?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:13 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Let me post some points from the study for you

Girls born during the famine that struck Ukraine in 1933, for example, lived to 10.85, and boys to 7.3 -- a 50 percent difference.

When the researchers broke the results down by age group, they found that most of the female survival advantage comes from differences in infant mortality. Newborn girls are hardier than newborn boys.

The results suggest that the life expectancy gender gap can't be fully explained by behavioral and social differences between the sexes, such as risk-taking or violence.

Instead, the female advantage in times of crisis may be largely due to biological factors such as genetics or hormones. Estrogens, for example, have been shown to enhance the body's immune defenses against infectious disease.

"Our results add another piece to the puzzle of gender differences in survival," the researchers said.

Guess you should have posted that first, because your link is behind a paywall.

This is basically what I said......

Social differences come into play.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:14 am

Women had higher survival rates on the Titanic too. Was that down to biology or societal norms?

I asked a question, and your link (that I couldn't read) answered it. The answer is both!
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:14 am

Maddog wrote:Let me help you because you're so fucking stupid. If I were in a famine, I would make sure my wife had more food than me. I'm not that unusual in my thinking. Most men are trained from birth to sacrifice for their women. It's what we do. It's why the men on the Titanic let women go before them. It's part of our social fabric. It's why women get sentenced to shorter periods for the exact same crime, even though the law isn't supposed to let that happen.  While chivalry is not what it used to be it's effects are still evident in how woman are still treated differently than men. It's effects were much stronger in years past, you know like during the time periods of those famines.

PMSL.

So now the bases for any situation in life, is now meant to be based on some Hillbilly in Texas.
It shows you have never read any famines that have happened in history, where when people are starving, many things go out of the window. In the Soviet famine, many people resorted to Canibalism, which in many cases this was the husbands and fathers that resorted to this.

So to say what you would do, shows you really are not that bright and have very little empathic intelligence

So the reality is here, that many die through starvation, no matter whether women or men. Where women fare better, is around the many diseases and illnesses that outbreak through famines. It shows, women have a better immune system to deal with this. Which evolutionary wise makes absolute sense. As clearly nature would need more women to survive in order for what little survivors left, could then reproduce.

So when you posted about the Titanic, for one it was stupid. Second, it shows you have no comprehension what the study was even looking at and 3 this really shows, you dont like being wrong and you are very wrong here.

Now grow the fuck up and realise you were being an idiot here

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:17 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:Let me help you because you're so fucking stupid. If I were in a famine, I would make sure my wife had more food than me. I'm not that unusual in my thinking. Most men are trained from birth to sacrifice for their women. It's what we do. It's why the men on the Titanic let women go before them. It's part of our social fabric. It's why women get sentenced to shorter periods for the exact same crime, even though the law isn't supposed to let that happen.  While chivalry is not what it used to be it's effects are still evident in how woman are still treated differently than men. It's effects were much stronger in years past, you know like during the time periods of those famines.

PMSL.

So now the bases for any situation in life, is now meant to be based on some Hillbilly in Texas.
It shows you have never read any famines that have happened in history, where when people are starving, many things go out of the window. In the Soviet famine, many people resorted to Canibalism, which in many cases this was the husbands and fathers that resorted to this.

So to say what you would do, shows you really are not that bright and have very little empathic intelligence

So the reality is here, that many die through starvation, no matter whether women or men. Where women fare better, is around the many diseases and illnesses that outbreak through famines. It shows, women have a better immune system to deal with this. Which evolutionary wise makes absolute sense. As clearly nature would need more women to survive in order for what little survivors left, could then reproduce.

So when you posted about the Titanic, for one it was stupid. Second, it shows you have no comprehension what the study was even looking at and 3 this really shows, you dont like being wrong and you are very wrong here.

Do you think I invented chivalry or that it was never practiced in the past?

You think men and women have always been treated the same during times of crisis?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:18 am

Anyway, your link answered my question. I'm moving on now princess.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:19 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

PMSL.

You think men and women have always been treated the same during times of crisis?

What I suggest you do, is actually read about the Soviet famines

That would be a good starting point

Then you will understand, chivalry often went out of the window.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:20 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Often, but not always. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:21 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

I never claimed that it always did.

So can you now see why I ridiculed your point on the Titanic?

You can see that it was utterly mute to what was even looked at.

Never mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:25 am

What about transwomen who used to be men?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:20 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Never mind

I have no idea why you had an issue with my question in regards to the Titanic.

Maybe you have Aspergers. You seem to be lacking in social skills. You trend to get very upset when challenged. Were you bullied as a child maybe?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:34 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Never mind

Maybe you have Aspergers. You seem to be lacking in social skills. You trend to get very upset when challenged. Were you bullied as a child maybe?    

For one, I am not upset

Second, your point was as seen very stupid

Third, I get bored when people fail to read the study and then post something very stupid as you did.

It seems, its you that is bothered by your continued poor accusations, from cocksucking, to mental health conditions.

The reality is, you did not like being wrong here. Hence your continued stupidity

Best you learn to deal with that buttercup

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:36 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

For one, I am not upset

Third, I get bored when people fail to read something and then post something very stupid as you did.

It seems, its you that is bothered by your continued poor accusations, from cocksucking, to mental health conditions.

The reality is, you did not like being wrong here. Hence your continued stupidity

How was I wrong? I poised a question and it set you off.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

For one, I am not upset

Third, I get bored when people fail to read something and then post something very stupid as you did.

I ridiculed your question, because as seen, it was very dumb, based on the study

Proving even more, that you did not even bother to read it.

If you had read the study, you would not have made such a stupid point, that had no relevance

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:28 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I ridiculed your question, because as seen, it was very dumb, based on the study

If you had read the study, you would not have made such a stupid point, that had no relevance

I didn't read the study because it was behind a pay wall. I'm not paying to read that study.

Your study was not conclusive. It put forth a theory and also admitted that the same factors I listed had some relevance. How much is not known.

So, my question is relevant. Glad you didn't like it. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:09 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

I didn't read the study because it was behind a pay wall. I'm not paying to read that study.

Your study was not conclusive. It put forth a theory and also admitted that the same factors I listed had some relevance. How much is not known.

Then you clearly are very lazy, not to bother to research further, by easily looking this study up

You then make astounding claims, after admitting you have not read the study. Where are these factors, you claim it listed, affter not reading the study? Please post this up.  Laughing

Talk about a contradiction lol

What again this shows, is you are someone that does not like having people show you are in the wrong. So clearly what has happened here, is a problem that lies within yourself. You need to understand, sometimes you are in the wrong. Its quite simple really. Since I have shown what the study was about and showed why your point has no relevance, based on the mitigating situation. You have just posted continued misdirection, without tackling the evidence from the study or my points.  Smile

So, show me thus how your question is relevant, based on what the study was based on?

Please give yourself as much times as possible to answer.

This should be hilarious.   Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests 2984306523

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Then you clearly are very lazy, not to bother to research further, by easily looking this study up

You then make astounding claims, after admitting you have not read the study. Where are these factors, you claim it listed, affter not reading the study? Please post this up.  Laughing

Talk about a contradiction lol

What again this shows, is you are someone that does not like having people show you are in the wrong. So clearly what has happened here, is a problem that lies within yourself. You need to understand, sometimes you are in the wrong. Its quite simple really. Since I have shown what the study was about and showed why your point has no relevance, based on the mitigating situation. You have just posted continued misdirection, without tackling the evidence from the study or my points.  Smile

So, show me thus how your question is relevant, based on what the study was based on?

Please give yourself as much times as possible to answer.

This should be hilarious.   Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests 2984306523

You have already decided my question was not relevant. I know when I'm wasting my time with someone. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:31 pm

So, this whole thread has devolved into two males slagging each other off over a thread about the superiority of women. lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:50 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:So, this whole thread has devolved into two males slagging each other off over a thread about the superiority of women.   lol!

Pretty much, and asking dumb questions. I'm not sure if your question is dumb or not, I'm not in charge of declaring which questions are dumb. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:09 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:So, this whole thread has devolved into two males slagging each other off over a thread about the superiority of women.   lol!

Yup. alien
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Maddog wrote:

Pretty much, and asking dumb questions.  I'm not sure if your question is dumb or not, I'm not in charge of declaring which questions are dumb.  Wink

It wasn't a question.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:05 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Pretty much, and asking dumb questions.  I'm not sure if your question is dumb or not, I'm not in charge of declaring which questions are dumb.  Wink

It wasn't a question.

It wasn't?

Edit

My bad. Your comment wasn't a question.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Women are superior to men, if they keep their knees together, after a while a man will give them anything they want ! Smile
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:04 am

Yes women are constitutionally stronger. Right from the get go. A female newborn in intensive care stands a better chance of recovery than a male one under identical circumstances (re: degree of prematurity, illness, etc.)

In old age we have more longevity too.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:13 am

Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests Zorro1
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests Zorro1

Go, sister! tongue hi

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:42 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Women are biologically stronger than men and more likely to survive a life-threatening crisis, study suggests Zorro1

Yay! He’s back! fiesta
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:57 am

He was my dream man when I was about 12 years old.

George not Zorro. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:34 am

Does this mean that men and women are different??

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:56 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Good point, and it's not irrelevant.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:42 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

This should be hilarious, as it was idiotically irrelevant

Show me the relevance based on the study, which is not  based on on known advantages like women and children first on the Titanic? Or male soldiers advantaged with more food than the old, women or children during sieges through history?

In your own time

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:26 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Show me the relevance based on the study, which is not  based on on known advantages like women and children first on the Titanic? Or male soldiers advantaged with more food than the old, women or children during sieges through history?

In your own time

You clearly didn't appreciate the point Maddog was making, you just went off on one as usual and started getting abusive.

The study in your OP? You have to sign up to see it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

In your own time

You clearly didn't appreciate the point Maddog was making, you just went off on one as usual and started getting abusive.

So basically you are a retard

I asked you what relevance it had, based on the study and you misdirect with babble

Based on the study, Maddogs point was retarded. As with the Titanic, women had a very clear advantage to survive, based on the "women and children first" notion. The study looked at 3 aspects. Famines, epidemics and slavery. In other words 3 situations that had no clear advantage to either males or females.

You can easily look the study up on line

Try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yeah maddog does make a good point actually, social conditions could and probably do contribute to the survivability of women.

Front line troops are mostly men so the majority of battlefield deaths are men

Sewer workers

Construction workers

Miners

All dangerous fields of work and all dominated by men.

There is less support for male suicide.

Male mental issues also have less support.

Clearly the study is bollox since the playing field is anything but level

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:41 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yeah maddog does make a good point actually, social conditions could and probably do contribute to the survivability of women.

Sewer workers

Construction workers

Miners

So the bases for the study was based on events

Lets prove why smelly is a retard

1) Freed Liberian Slaves

2) Plantation slaves in Trinidad

3) The Ukranian famine

4) The Swedish famine

5) Icelandic epidemics

6) Irish Potato famine

Hence as seen, through the study women clearly have an advantage over men based more aound how they have a better survival rate around diseases and illnesses, let alone they live longer than men anyway. During all situations, many suffered from outbreaks of illnessess and diseses. Thus they have from the earliest ages a biological advantage. Which evolutionary wise makes sense.

The study already takes into account social ffactors and hence why it choose these extreme conditions, where there was little to no social factor advantage for either men or women

Hence why smelly is a complete imbicille

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:42 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So basically you are a retard

I asked you what relevance it had, based on the study and you misdirect with babble

Based on the study, Maddogs point was retarded. As with the Titanic, women had a very clear advantage to survive, based on the "women and children first" notion. The study looked at 3 aspects. Famines, epidemics and slavery. In other words 3 situations that had no clear advantage to either males or females.

You can easily look the study up on line

Try again

This is why I don't post much here any more. You're so revolting and rude, and Maddog made a very good point. I was talking to him anyway, not you.

Away with you, you horrible man ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:43 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Sewer workers

Construction workers

Miners

Exactly. All conditions and issues should be taken into account when deciding whether or not woman are naturally "stronger" than men.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next