NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bangladeshi Atheist Blogger Faces Up To 14 Years for Hurting “Religious Feelings”

5 posters

Go down

Bangladeshi Atheist Blogger Faces Up To 14 Years for Hurting “Religious Feelings” Empty Bangladeshi Atheist Blogger Faces Up To 14 Years for Hurting “Religious Feelings”

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:30 pm

An atheist blogger in Bangladesh was arrested at an airport on Monday, and he could get up to 14 years in prison because he “hurt religious feelings” with his social media posts criticizing Islam.

Immigration police detained 25-year-old blogger Asaduzzaman Noor, known as Asad Noor on Facebook and YouTube, at the Dhaka airport on Monday. Inspector Mohammad Shahidullah said hundreds of Muslims had staged demonstrations against Noor, which apparently is cause for prison time there.

‘The charge against him is that he hurt religious feeling[s] by mocking Prophet Mohammed and made bad comments against Islam, the prophet and the Koran on Facebook and YouTube,’ he said.

Noor is now facing up to 14 years in prison because a group of people were upset by his religious criticisms and rhetoric online. If I was arrested every time I offended some religious people, I wouldn’t be able to write this right now.

Continue reading by clicking the name of the source below.

SOURCE FRIENDLY ATHEIST

Back to top Go down

Bangladeshi Atheist Blogger Faces Up To 14 Years for Hurting “Religious Feelings” Empty Re: Bangladeshi Atheist Blogger Faces Up To 14 Years for Hurting “Religious Feelings”

Post by eddie Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:33 pm

That's just disgusting.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Bangladeshi Atheist Blogger Faces Up To 14 Years for Hurting “Religious Feelings” Empty Re: Bangladeshi Atheist Blogger Faces Up To 14 Years for Hurting “Religious Feelings”

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Do I even need to have a guess at which religion is involved??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:50 pm

eddie wrote:That's just disgusting.

Indeed Eddie

And what is worse is that you will see bodies like the United Nations silent on this.

And this is the joke with the United Nations

Bangladesh, is one of the nations that is part of the "Human Rights Council" at the UN

Just look at how many other human rights abusers are on that council.

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/Pages/MembersByGroup.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Poor man. Bloody disgusting that you can't say what you think.

That will be the case over here next, oh but wait ..........
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:51 pm

magica wrote:Poor man. Bloody disgusting that you can't say what you think.  

Well its funny you say that, but Muslim majority countries, have been trying to pass a resolution through the UN. That would criminalize any criticism and ridicule of Islam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation_of_religion_and_the_United_Nations

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:56 pm

Ridiculous, remember Salman Rushdie? that poor bloke had a fatwa placed on him for daring to criticise the religion. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Syl wrote:Ridiculous, remember Salman Rushdie? that poor bloke had a fatwa placed on him for daring to criticise the religion. Rolling Eyes

Do you know what was even worse about that Syl?

That some of the elite of our society condemned him, including MP's?
Instead of condemning the death threats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Didge wrote:

I hadn't seen this before Didge.

Shirley Williams was a disgrace the way she launched into Rushdies unsuitability for the award, completely ignoring the death threat against him and others...she tried to backtrack later on, but Hitchins was dead right in what he said.

I think this was recorded in 2007, I wonder if, in light of whats happened over the last few years re terrorism around the world, her response would be any different 10 years on.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

I hadn't seen this before Didge.

Shirley Williams was a disgrace the way she launched into Rushdies unsuitability for the award, completely ignoring the death threat against him and others...she tried to backtrack later on, but Hitchins was dead right in what he said.

I think this was recorded in 2007, I wonder if, in light of whats happened over the last few years re terrorism around the world,  her response would be any different 10 years on.

I can show even further back when the fatwa was issued and how Politicians condemned him.
It is appalling.

Good last point Syl and you are right, Shirley Williams is a disagrace.

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Didge wrote:
magica wrote:Poor man. Bloody disgusting that you can't say what you think.  

Well its funny you say that, but Muslim majority countries, have been trying to pass a resolution through the UN. That would criminalize any criticism and ridicule of Islam.

What about Christians being killed because they're not Muslims. Giving into this, not being allowed to criticise Islam will make any other religion open to abuse and Islam greater. It can't happen, can it? Bet it does.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:38 pm

I always liked her, and I seldom agreed with either of the Hitchins points...but they were right and she was wrong 100%.

I also agreed with the other point made... her saying his book insulted Muslims, she didn't differentiate between the millions of peaceful Muslims with the extremist terrorists who had vowed to kill him and commit other terrorist atrocities.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:38 pm

magica wrote:
Didge wrote:

What about Christians being killed because they're not Muslims.  Giving into this, not being allowed to criticise Islam will make any other religion open to abuse and Islam greater. It can't happen, can it? Bet it does.

Its not just Christians Magica

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t22982-egypt-reportedly-set-to-pass-law-criminalizing-atheism

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t22981-gunmen-attack-coptic-church-near-cairo-killing-several

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Syl wrote:I always liked her, and I seldom agreed with either of the Hitchins points...but they were right and she was wrong 100%.

I also agreed with the other point made... her saying his book insulted Muslims, she didn't differentiate between the millions of peaceful Muslims with the extremist terrorists who had vowed to kill him and commit other terrorist atrocities.

Spot on Syl, as she lumped them altogether.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:I always liked her, and I seldom agreed with either of the Hitchins points...but they were right and she was wrong 100%.

Spot on Syl, as she lumped them altogether.

She did Didge, it was interesting to watch that.

Off for the night, take care. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:29 pm

Thanx Didge I read them.

Killing over religion has gone on for many centuries. Religion causes more upset and wars in the past than anything.

Why can't people let people worship the way they want.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:34 pm

magica wrote:Thanx Didge I read them.

Killing over religion has gone on for many centuries.  Religion causes more upset and wars in the past than anything.

I agree Magica, that people should be able to worship and follow a religion without persecution.

Sadly its built into some religions with doctrines, to deny others their belief, hence the problem for thousands of years

The reality is all believers are athiests, towards other religions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:25 am

Killing over religion has gone on for many centuries.  Religion causes more upset and wars in the past than anything.

Communism and nazism killed quite a few folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:26 am

smelly-bandit wrote:

Both of which had religious people carry out those killings.

For example, most Germans were Christians.

The hate of Jews, came from lutheranism and Hitler was a Catholic

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:17 pm

'Atheist arrested'? Poor guy, he hasn't got a prayer! Suspect

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:58 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

Arrow

As did "colonial expansionism" for mainly economic gains...

E.g. the Mongols, Chinese, Indians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Saracens, Huns, Saxons, Normans,
Vikings, English, French, Turks/Ottomans, Germans, Spanish, Portuguese, Italians, Dutch, Russians (pre-Soviets..), Japanese, Javanese (Indonesia), and so on, and on..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down