NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too

+2
Ben Reilly
JulesV
6 posters

Go down

Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too Empty Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too

Post by Guest Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Laura Kipnis (born 1956) is an American cultural critic and essayist. A feminist intellectual, her work focuses on, gender issues and politics, aesthetics and popular culture. She began her career as a video artist, exploring similar themes in the form of video essays. She is professor of media studies at Northwestern University in the Department of Radio-TV-Film, where she teaches filmmaking.

In this interview, she talks about her title IX complains and the stifling culture of political correctness on college campus. Full clip, quoted under fair use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRBX1...

Back to top Go down

Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too Empty Re: Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too

Post by JulesV Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:35 pm

You've done at least four back to back threads specifically about left wing students or academics at university campuses in 24hours.  Are you suffering from a SEVERE obssessive mental disease??

Jo Johnson said this
Michael Lumish said that
Laura Kipnis said blah blah
Heather MacDonald said yak yak yak
  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Who gives a flying fuck what these fucking insignificant nonenties think about students? Campuses are too antisemitic? Antisemitic my sweet ass!!!! Of course antisemitism is wrong but jews and Zionists should be subjected to the same scrutiny as everyone else. There should be no ''sacred cows'' who are above criticism.

These students are mostly teenagers and early 20's, it's a phase in human development when they explore and question the world around them, and push boundaries.

Let them be, instead of moaning about them nonstop like a big creepy bully. The world they are forced to live in now, was messed up by people of your age!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too Empty Re: Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too

Post by Guest Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:55 pm

And there you have it.

Not only the left ignore this problem they do what they do best

Instead slur the poster with accusations, in the attempt to deligimize people.

Thank you for proving the problem with those on the left'

Now you have given a load of tripe in response, how about actually watching the video and provide some views on this, or you can jog on.

Quite simple

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:03 am

Didge wrote:
you can jog on.

I'm jogging NOWHERE!
It's ludicrous to post negatively about college campuses FOUR times, we heard you the first time.
The people in your vids whinging about students look like desperately sad misfits themselves. 

My kid was a model student, did several part time jobs, studied hard and NEVER broke the law in any way.
STOP talking about students as if it's a dirty word.   Rolling Eyes

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:05 am

Seriously, people grow out of this shit. I'm not lying awake at night worried about what a bunch of teenagers are up to now, that they won't be up to three years from now or less.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:06 am

So you clearly never watched the video and ill concerned this is effecting peoples lives and work.

Says it all

I knew you had no watched as you ranted about antisemitism on this, when this was not the case.

Its clear a number of children have been raised unable to tackle problems or issue they may face. Which when in the real world, they will be totally unprepared to challenge or deal with them.

Its the fragility of students that is creating a segregation of students based on beliefs. That is not inclusion, but exclusion.

But, if you want to place your hands over your heads and go "la la la la, Im not listening" Then I am not surpirsed, you are just one of a number who are like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:09 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Seriously, people grow out of this shit. I'm not lying awake at night worried about what a bunch of teenagers are up to now, that they won't be up to three years from now or less.

Really, they grow out of this by committing to violence on the street like Antifa?

Maybe its time you actually started to look at this problem and stop ignoring this actually effecting other people in thier jobs.

So its more about what they are doing now, not in three years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:34 am

Jules wrote:
Didge wrote:
you can jog on.

I'm jogging NOWHERE!
It's ludicrous to post negatively about college campuses FOUR times, we heard you the first time.
The people in your vids whinging about students look like desperately sad misfits themselves. 

My kid was a model student, did several part time jobs, studied hard and NEVER broke the law in any way.
STOP talking about students as if it's a dirty word.   Rolling Eyes

Your kids never broke the law in anyway?

Mine sure did. Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too 1942856362
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:37 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Seriously, people grow out of this shit. I'm not lying awake at night worried about what a bunch of teenagers are up to now, that they won't be up to three years from now or less.

Ben, if students are allowed to bring charges against professors because of a book/joke/innocent remark and have them hounded out of a job because they have said something which ''upset them'' then they will probably be up to even worse shit in 3 years time.

don't you think it's dangerous and needs to be addressed?

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:58 am

Oh dear I made a mistake.
I was wrong when I said you posted threads about students/college campuses four times within a day.
Actually it was at least FIVE times - I've just spotted your 5th thread, it's still scrolling.
You showed the following people criticising them ...

1. Jo Johnson  
2. Michael Lumish
3. Laura Kipnis  
4. Heather MacDonald
5. Jonathan Haidt & Frank Bruni  

JEEESUS holy CHRIST!!!  Shocked
Do you see students when you shut your eyes to sleep?? 
Goodnight Didge, merry christmas!  Laughing

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:01 am

So more examples of a poster continually buring their head in the sand.

Continually denying problems

Even worse not making a single point about the actual thread

What can i say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:13 am

Didge wrote:So more examples of a poster continually buring their head in the sand.

What can i say.

did you really expect it?

Rolling Eyes

i dont get how they can so easily brush this shit under the carpet as though it's not important

as much as i agree with your points, i fear you are wasting your time didge

it seems that certain students being such utter snowflakes that they cannot cope with differing views and on top of that, so vindictive that they can get a professor removed who has somehow upset their sensitivities is really no big deal

oh well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:43 am

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:So more examples of a poster continually buring their head in the sand.

What can i say.

Rolling Eyes

i dont get how they can so easily brush this shit under the carpet as though it's not important

it seems that certain students being such utter snowflakes that they cannot cope with differing views and on top of that, so vindictive that they can get a professor removed who has somehow upset their sensitivities is really no big deal

oh well

Of course they do not care.

Look at how Ben basically brushed the problem under the carpet. When its left wing militants destroying peoples lives he does not care.

Of course if this was Alt-right students hounding minority students or teachers, he would rightly join me and saying how wrong it is and something should be done.

It just proves the hypocrisy with those on the left, that they will ignore countless problems with the left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:

Rolling Eyes

oh well

Look at how Ben basically brushed the problem under the carpet. When its left wing militants destroying peoples lives he does not care.

Of course if this was Alt-right students hounding minority students or teachers, he would rightly join me and saying how wrong it is and something should be done.

It just proves the hypocrisy with those on the left, that they will ignore countless problems with the left.

I know, I'm actually astounded by the attitudes of ''meh'' on here with regard to this tbh.

Hypocrisy indeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:20 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

I know, I'm actually astounded by the attitudes of ''meh'' on here with regard to this tbh.

Hypocrisy indeed

and law students dont have to learn about rape and violence in case they get triggered

what kind of a sodding lawyer they going to make if they can't stand dealing with the dark side of peoples characters then they're fucked

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Jules wrote:Oh dear I made a mistake.
I was wrong when I said you posted threads about students/college campuses four times within a day.
Actually it was at least FIVE times - I've just spotted your 5th thread, it's still scrolling.

1. Jo Johnson  
2. Michael Lumish
3. Laura Kipnis  
4. Heather MacDonald

Didge was a college drop-out. He's got anger issues wrapped up in a persecution complex.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:

1. Jo Johnson  
2. Michael Lumish
3. Laura Kipnis  
4. Heather MacDonald

Didge was a college drop-out.  He's got anger issues wrapped up in a persecution complex.

that's the spirit, quill. completely ignore the content and just attack the poster

how depressingly predictable you are

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too 3489511464

I've got serious doubts that gelico herself has ever been to uni'...

Not from all of this outright and ignorant bulldust that she's shovelling around in this thread...

Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too 3359862487
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:27 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Didge was a college drop-out.  He's got anger issues wrapped up in a persecution complex.

that's the spirit, quill.  completely ignore the content and just attack the poster

Rolling Eyes

See the left are predictable as ever

They fail to tackle the contents and attack the posters

They have the mentality of children as seen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:30 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hypocrisy indeed

What do you expect

The left are the biggest proponents of authoritarianism.

It comes from years of being indoctrinated with Marxist tripe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:53 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

that's the spirit, quill.  completely ignore the content and just attack the poster

Rolling Eyes

I think Jules provided the content.  I just suggested a motive, namely that he is bitter over not making the grade. After all, the issue is why does he attack colleges so often.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I think Jules provided the content.  I just suggested a motive, namely that he is bitter over not making the grade.

Which proves the left are also extremely paranoid

These are actual problems effecting people.

So much so in this country, the goverment is doing something about this.

Thus its a very important topic, of which the left wish to bury, as they want these problems clearly to continue

Neither of you have posted a single comment on the fact many teachers are losing their jobs to this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I think Jules provided the content.  I just suggested a motive, namely that he is bitter over not making the grade.  After all, the issue is why does he attack colleges so often.

that is as ridiculous as it is pathetic quill

have you no comment on the fact that students are hounding professors out of their jobs for saying something they disagreed with?

is this right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:24 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I think Jules provided the content.  I just suggested a motive, namely that he is bitter over not making the grade.  After all, the issue is why does he attack colleges so often.

I disagree.

gelico wrote:have you no comment on the fact that students are hounding professors out of their jobs for saying something they disagreed with?

is this right?

In this case I think it's just bilateral communication.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:26 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

have you no comment on the fact that students are hounding professors out of their jobs for saying something they disagreed with?

is this right?

Its pointless Gelico, as the left are always like this, when its points and concerns derived from the left

Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too 9k=

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

I disagree.

gelico wrote:have you no comment on the fact that students are hounding professors out of their jobs for saying something they disagreed with?

is this right?

In this case I think it's just bilateral communication.

no it is not bilateral communication. how is it? it isn't two sides sharing views, it's one side refusing to listen to a point of view and becoming vindictive and hounding people who dare to express a view that they dont like

bilateral communication my arse

you're a twat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:53 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:

is this right?

Its pointless Gelico, as the left are always like this, when its points and concerns derived from the left

Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too 9k=

they are cowards

either run away from any issue they dont like, or do like Antifa and just get violent

fucking wankers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:16 pm

1. Jo Johnson  
2. Michael Lumish
3. Laura Kipnis  
4. Heather MacDonald

I don't read his horseshit, so do tell, is that the Jo Johnson who produced Boris, who spent his time at uni burning £50 notes in front of beggers and trashing restaurants:

Laura Kipnis: Political Correctness is Now Eating the Left Too 2494667.main_image

Cos if it is, he'd really know how students should behave - NOT!!!!

On the other hand, students in the 1930s led the fight against facism. Two women from Cambridge University were at the forefront, the opposite of the despicable actions of Boris and Co. https://lostcambridge.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/eva-hartree-and-leah-mannings-fight-against-the-fascists-in-the-1930s/

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:40 pm

gelico wrote:you're a twat

So? You're a cunus.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:you're a twat

So?  You're a cunus.

ok, so how is the content in the OP any form of 'bilateral communication' then?

you will have to explain that one to me

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Isn't Laura Kipnis being sued for publishing private details about a student without her consent?

People always come up with an alternative theory when they're in trouble. "I got fired because they didn't like me, not because I drank on the job."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Isn't Laura Kipnis being sued for publishing private details about a student without her consent?

People always come up with an alternative theory when they're in trouble. "I got fired because they didn't like me, not because I drank on the job."

And nothing worse than disnhonest lefties who dont even bother watching the video

I lose all repsect for so called people who champion rights, when its clear you back the right to take away peoples jobs on a whim

Why not actually research it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Kipnis

as I say, the left would defend the worst forms of leftism, because hey, its acceptable in their authoritarian mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:42 pm

I thought university students (not "uni" students") wanted to get a degree and have a good time. Why do they waste their time getting all PC?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I thought university students (not "uni" students") wanted to get a degree and have a good time. Why do they waste their time getting all PC?

Well gee, you might actually think Kipnis did her harm or something, wouldn't you?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:57 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I thought university students (not "uni" students") wanted to get a degree and have a good time. Why do they waste their time getting all PC?

Well gee, you might actually think Kipnis did her harm or something, wouldn't you?

You mean the first time round she was wrongly accused?

You then have a second case where the girl making the claim, was in the wrong and yet still has her identity hidden after losing her case? To then attack Kipnis?

What did she do wrong and countless others that have warranted their loss of jobs?

Cannot stand people withno backbone that place this on one case ignoring how many have lost their jobs, typical marxist idiot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down