NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy

+10
Lurker
veya_victaous
Syl
Cass
Maddog
'Wolfie
eddie
nicko
Victorismyhero
Original Quill
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy Empty Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Faux Noise wrote:Former Christian school teacher, 29, arrested days after being caught in bed with teen boy by husband: cops
Fox News

A former Oregon Christian school teacher was arrested after being accused of having an affair with a 15-year-old student that lasted for more than a year, authorities said Monday.

Andrea Nicole Baber, 29, was arrested at her home in Cottage Grove on Friday, the Register-Guard reported. The arrest came days after Baber’s husband allegedly walked in on her and the teen in bed, according to the News-Review.

The student’s father reported the relationship to police Dec. 12 after he and his wife received an anonymous email asking if they knew the boy and the Logos Christian Academy teacher were in a sexual relationship, authorities said.

The message was attached with photos of the teacher and the boy, according to the Register-Guard, citing an affidavit filed in Douglas County Circuit Court.

The teen told deputies that he and Baber had been in a relationship since 2017, when the boy was 15, according to the newspaper. Deputies said the teen provided him with alcohol and weed.

Baber was booked Friday at a Douglas County Jail on several charges, including sodomy, rape and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, according to the New York Post.

The sheriff’s office said Baber no longer works at Logos Christian Academy. Her profile was still featured Monday, but was taken down as of Tuesday.

“Andrea has always felt called to work with youth [in many different positions] and is very excited that God opened the door for her to be part of the Logos team,” her biography said, according to the Post. “She lives with her husband, dog and cat just south of Eugene.”

Apparently, God had help opening the door for her. No word on the safety of the dog and cat. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy Empty Re: Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:04 pm

pffft...15???

gods sake...

was she a looker?

at 15 given the chance to bed some of the younger female members of staff at my school...I'd have been up there like a ferret up a rabbit hole geek tongue

Not to mention any willing female in the year .....(this was the late 60's early 70's...a shag was the going rate for helping with homework..... elephant )
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:07 pm

I should be so lucky,..lucky....lucky.....lucky, wasn't that a song?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:34 pm

LF wrote:was she a looker?

Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy 1513672186543

I would say she is kind of a plain-Jane.  Not my type.

Most kids, girls as well as boys, enjoy the sex.  Some even think they are in love, as with these high school girls that run away with their soccer coach.

But they are under-aged and, as the theory goes, they can't make those decisions for themselves.  Therefore, it's non-consensual and against the law.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:52 pm

Why on earth would a grown woman want to have sex with a boy?
Just yuck.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:06 pm

grin angel

She claims in a bio', that she had always felt that she was called to work with children "in many different positions"...

Obviously she was simply expanding her horizons, in that quest to find both herself and a few new "positions", while helping select students out at the same time..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 pm

eddie wrote:Why on earth would a grown woman want to have sex with a boy?
Just yuck.
probably the rabbit factor.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:32 pm

Just yuck.

This is happening almost weekly here. I don't know if it's just being found out more, or if there is something about millennial women that has caused them to be attracted to teens.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:23 am

Oh yuck. Ewwwwwww. Gross. Nasty.

If this was a man, those making jokes would be screaming to lock him up or castrated.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:10 am

Cass wrote:Oh yuck. Ewwwwwww. Gross. Nasty.

If this was a man, those making jokes would be screaming to lock him up or castrated.

Absolutely right.  By now everybody has heard of Debora LaFave.  Pretty, great smile, bedding her 13-year old student from her school in northern Florada

Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy Image1428498x

She even took him across the Georgia line and bedded him there.

Result: Georgia refused to even prosecute, saying she was too pretty and a jury would acquit.  Florida did prosecute...she ended up only having to wear an ankle bracelet.

Around the same time in North Carolina, a male teacher bedding with a 16-year old student got 21-years.

Meanwhile, all the newspaper photographs got her a modeling contract.

Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy Debra-lafave-2012-4

It ain't what you did, it's who you are.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Idea

In Australia, she would be doing jail time...

People such as teachers, police, clergy, medics and the likes, are considered to be in a position of responsibility, some control and influence, so that there is that breach of trust and responsibilty when they have "affairs" with someone under their charge..

Not only would a teacher down here be charged, convicted and jailed for her/his crimes, they would also be banned from ever teaching again in Australia.

However, that gender imbalance is still always there -- men are usually treated more severely, with women often only doing a quarter or a fifth of the jailtime as their male counterparts.. No doubt it's that "boys club" attitude of 14 and 15 year old boys "being so lucky.." if a female teacher decides to bonk them, whereas a male teacher chasing after a female student must be a sleaze, while that girl could have been one of their daughters or sisters..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Her looks have nothing to do with it, if a male teacher rapes a 15 year old student does anyone comment on his looks or is it his morals that are questioned?

She was in a position of trust and she abused it, I hope she is punished appropriately and is never allowed to work with kids again.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Wolf wrote:Not only would a teacher down here be charged, convicted and jailed for her/his crimes, they would also be banned from ever teaching again in Australia.

The one good thing about LaFave's sentence, she was forbidden from ever teaching again in the state of Florida.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Syl wrote:Her looks have nothing to do with it, if a male teacher rapes a 15 year old student does anyone comment on his looks or is it his morals that are questioned?

She was in a position of trust and she abused it, I hope she is punished appropriately and is never allowed to work with kids again.

In a way, I can understand the Georgia prosecutor's dilemma.  He was dealing with a decision to be made: can I convict her?

Already, you're dealing with the problem, as wolf says, of a bias in sexual matters that favor of women.  But it's exacerbated in Georgia, because you are dealing with real knuckledraggers.  These are borderline uneducables.  You can't expect them to think such things as "positions of trust" and "her looks have nothing to do with it."  Such abstractions are beyond these guys.

So I understand a Georgia prosecutor, knowing his people, having a reluctance to try the lady there.  The wonder is that a Florida prosecutor had the temerity to bring charges.

These are the chances you are up against with a jury trial.  Imagine, in Georgia, if it had been a black male teacher, who was bedding a white female student.
Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy 3018442852  

Race, like gender, is another factor in which there is a huge disparity.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Her looks have nothing to do with it, if a male teacher rapes a 15 year old student does anyone comment on his looks or is it his morals that are questioned?

In a way, I can understand the Georgia prosecutor's dilemma.  He was dealing with a decision to be made: can I convict her?

Already, you're dealing with the problem, as wolf says, of a bias in sexual matters that favor of women.  But it's exacerbated in Georgia, because you are dealing with real knuckledraggers.  These are borderline uneducables.  You can't expect them to think such things as "positions of trust" and "her looks have nothing to do with it."  Such abstractions are beyond these guys.

So I understand a Georgia prosecutor, knowing his people, having a reluctance to try the lady there.  The wonder is that a Florida prosecutor had the temerity to bring charges.

These are the chances you are up against with a jury trial.  Imagine, in Georgia, if it had been a black male teacher, who was bedding a white female student.

Makes me glad I don't live in the American South.

Having said that I have served on juries and some of the people who sat were less than equipped to be reasonable. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Yeah, good think it didn't happen in Arkansas. Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Having said that I have served on juries and some of the people who sat were less than equipped to be reasonable.  Rolling Eyes

The last person, on this forum, that I would listen too, about anything to do with the US would be Quill.

His ignorance of the US makes me doubt that he even lives here.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Having said that I have served on juries and some of the people who sat were less than equipped to be reasonable.  Rolling Eyes

The last person, on this forum, that I would listen too, about anything to do with the US would be Quill.

He makes some good observations on people in general....at least the ones I understand seem good. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

He makes some good observations on people in general....at least the ones I understand seem good. Laughing

He stereotypes people based on ethnicity and region of the country.

It would be like you saying that all Jocks wear kilts, eat haggis, drink til they puke and give each other Glaswegian smiles every Saturday night.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Aha...I'll bet what set you off was this: "... a black male teacher, who was bedding a white female student."  That's an exemplar that southerners don't want to cogitate.  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:29 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

It would be like you saying that all Jocks wear kilts, eat haggis, drink til they puke and give each other Glaswegian smiles every Saturday night.  

You don't know Scots very well do you Maddog?

Just kidding. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Razz

Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy 371740092 Being a Scot meself, I can laugh.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:33 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Married to one. A Glaswegian even. This is mostly right Wink
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Aha...I'll bet what set you off was this: "... a black male teacher, who was bedding a white female student."  That's an exemplar that southerners don't want to cogitate.  Rolling Eyes

No, it was your stereotyping of people from Georgia.

I'm not a southerner either. As an American you should know better.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Just kidding. Razz

Well, not really.

I did meet one in a bar a few years ago. Thought he was being clever by asking me for a fag. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Just kidding. Razz

Well, not really.

I did meet one in a bar a few years ago. Thought he was being clever by asking me for a fag. Cool  

Haha, fag is used here a lot too ...well not so much now because most people have given up the habit.
Words and the various different meanings can get you in a lot of trouble if you are not aware. affraid
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:45 am

Rolling Eyes

This thread isn't abojt "rape"...

But a teacher having sex with her/his student(s).

Rape is a criminal assault..

A teacher having sex with a student under his/her charge is a breach of trust and responsibilty -- even where there is no suggestion of coercion, force or assault.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:34 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

A teacher having sex with a student under his/her charge is a breach of trust and responsibilty --  even where there is no suggestion of coercion, force or assault.

Well, there is no more rape.  Today it's called sexual assault.

Technically, this story is the same as sexual assault, not breach of trust.  An underage child cannot give consent.  He is beneath the age of consent.  The way the law looks at it, then, is that the adult teacher did not have the consent of the boy...he was legally incapacitated.

Sex without consent is sexual assault.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:42 am

Original Quill wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

A teacher having sex with a student under his/her charge is a breach of trust and responsibilty --  even where there is no suggestion of coercion, force or assault.

Technically, this story is the same as sexual assault, not breach of trust.  An underage child cannot give consent.  He is beneath the age of consent.  The way the law looks at it, then, is that the adult teacher did not have the consent of the boy...he was legally incapacitated.

In many states, like Texas, it's not about the age, but the student teacher relationship. 17 year olds can consent here, but a teacher still can't have sex with them.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:09 am

Arrow

Same here -- the student might be 16, 17 or 18 years old, but the teacher will still be in strife...

There's also a bit of a "grey area" when you might have a 14 or 15 year old who knows quite well what they're doing is wrong, and where a teacher/police officer/cleric is in a much worse position than simply a friend who is a little older, as that person in some kind of "authority" is considered to have that much more influence or power in the relationship..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:12 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

In many states, like Texas, it's not about the age, but the student teacher relationship.  17 year olds can consent here, but a teacher still can't have sex with them.  

Yes, there's a lot of playing around with the age, and the relative ages of both of them. But the theory is the same. If the child is legally incapacitated, there is no consent.

And I know about the prohibition for teachers engaging in sex with students. A lot of states have that. But, that's another law, for different reasons.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:43 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I agree with this, it is totally illegal down here for a teacher or even college professor to sleep with a student
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Call it what you will it should be rape. She was double his age and in a position of trust, he was underage therefore not in a position to give consent, sex without consent is rape.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Didn't she "Rape him" a dozen times and he never complained?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Arrow

In many states of America they call sex with a minor "statutory rape",  but it has never been listed as such in either Australia or the UK...

The fact that non-American people might refer to American terminology, or even refer to American laws themselves, only goes to show how much influence American movies and television have had on global communities over the years..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:36 pm

nicko wrote:Didn't she  "Rape him" a dozen times and he never complained?

Doesn’t matter at all. He was under age end of story. She’s a pedophile.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:55 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

A teacher having sex with a student under his/her charge is a breach of trust and responsibility --  even where there is no suggestion of coercion, force or assault.

There is such a thing as "statutory rape". The under age victim may have given consent but that is moot because she or he is under age. It is still rape.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Lurker wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

A teacher having sex with a student under his/her charge is a breach of trust and responsibility --  even where there is no suggestion of coercion, force or assault.

There is such a thing as "statutory rape". The under age victim may have given consent but that is moot because she or he is under age. It is still rape.
Idea

See my above earlier post --  the term "statutory rape"doesn't apply outside of the USA...

Other countries use different terminology for different kinds of sexual abuse --  the umbrella term "rape" only covers some of them (where force, violence, threats or coercion is used..),  and is therefore no longer used as a general legal term in many places..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Call it what you will it should be rape. She was double his age and in a position of trust, he was underage therefore not in a position to give consent, sex without consent is rape.

I agree with you, Syl. We're just discussing the two different theories. Statutory rape works this way: because of the statute declaring the boy is a minor, he is not able to consent; if he can't consent, she is having intercourse with a non-consenting person; sex with a non-consenting person is rape...or sexual assault.

The breach of trust charge is a different matter. That requires a statute that says teachers should not have sex with students, of any age, because they are in a superior position. The teacher is in an authoritative position, which could be abused, and that carries with it a duty to abstain from any personal involvement.

Those are two different laws. In fact, the breach of superior status is applicable regardless of age. Some jurisdictions even apply it to lower classmen at university, showing that it has nothing to do with minority status.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Could she not then be charged with both rape (having sex with a minor who is too young to give consent) and also breach of trust.

The age of consent normally would be 16, if its a teacher or person in charge of the minor  its 18 I believe.

There are too many teachers (both male and female) having sex with their underage students, it should be dealt with more severely imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Cass wrote:
nicko wrote:Didn't she  "Rape him" a dozen times and he never complained?

Doesn’t matter at all. He was under age end of story. She’s a pedophile.

Exactly that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Syl wrote:Could she not then be charged with both rape (having sex with a minor who is too young to give consent) and also breach of trust.

Yes.  It's no longer called rape.  It's called sexual assault.

Syl wrote:The age of consent normally would be 16, if its a teacher or person in charge of the minor  its 18 I believe.

The age of consent varies with the jurisdiction.  In the US it's mostly 18.  The prohibitions on a teacher is a separate statute.

Syl wrote: There are too many teachers (both male and female) having sex with their underage students, it should be dealt with more severely imo.

I agree.  But I'm a former law enforcement officer, hugely involved fighting the FLDS in the northern strip. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Could she not then be charged with both rape (having sex with a minor who is too young to give consent) and also breach of trust.

Yes.  It's no longer called rape.  It's called sexual assault.

Syl wrote:The age of consent normally would be 16, if its a teacher or person in charge of the minor  its 18 I believe.

The age of consent varies with the jurisdiction.  In the US it's mostly 18.  The prohibitions on a teacher is a separate statute.

Syl wrote: There are too many teachers (both male and female) having sex with their underage students, it should be dealt with more severely imo.

I agree.  But I'm a former law enforcement officer, hugely involved fighting the FLDS in the northern strip. Twisted Evil

I know its called sexual assault, but to me that lessens what has actually been done here, sexual assault can be someone inappropriately grabbing or touching someone,....awful though that is it certainly isn't full blown sexual intercourse.

Whats FLDS?

edit...I googled, is it this?

The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS) is a polygamous sect straddling the Utah and Arizona state lines; the twin towns of Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Arizona, are known collectively as Short Creek (pronounced "crick").9 Mar 2016
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Cass wrote:Oh yuck. Ewwwwwww. Gross. Nasty.

Absolutely right.  By now everybody has heard of Debora LaFave.  Pretty, great smile, bedding her 13-year old student from her school in northern Florada

Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy Image1428498x

She even took him across the Georgia line and bedded him there.

Result: Georgia refused to even prosecute, saying she was too pretty and a jury would acquit.  Florida did prosecute...she ended up only having to wear an ankle bracelet.

Around the same time in North Carolina, a male teacher bedding with a 16-year old student got 21-years.

Meanwhile, all the newspaper photographs got her a modeling contract.

Teacher, 29, beds 15-year old boy Debra-lafave-2012-4

It ain't what you did, it's who you are.

So much for 'equality' eh...!?

Same sort of double standards going on here with regards to prosecution/sentencing for this type of crime...

When it is an adult female teacher and underage boy, there is very little made of it in both the media and criminal proceedings, while any cases of adult male teacher and underage girl, the media are on full out attack and criminal proceedings are vigorously pursued for maximum possible level of conviction!

Even though it would normally always be the adult female teacher doing the deliberate and targeted seducing of the underage boy, and most often being the underage girl doing the deliberate and targeted seducing of the adult male teacher...!

So why isn't it the adult females being villified and prosecuted more heavily, and the adult males given softer treatment...?

Why is it that the seduced underage boy victims are treated with the contempt of being considered as being 'lucky to have had such a good time' and the adult female considered as having 'done him a great favour by showing him such a good time' and for her to evade appropriate prosecution... while an adult male has the book thrown at him after being seduced by an underage girl, and she (the instigator) is treated as the unwilling victim of a hideous crime...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:

What if it was a white adult female teacher who seduced a black underage boy, or a black adult female teacher who seduced a white underage boy...!?

Compared with a black/white underage girl who seduced a black/white adult male teacher...!?

I reckon the result would be pretty much the same for the adult female, with little or no prosecution for either of the adult females... but if adult teacher was male, the book would be thrown heavily at him regardless of black/white...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:37 am

Maddog wrote:
Just yuck.

This is happening almost weekly here. I don't know if it's just being found out more, or if there is something about millennial women that has caused them to be attracted to teens.  

Really???  Shocked  Must be something in the water. Shocked
Deviant conduct.
Lock 'em up!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:05 am

Syl wrote:The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS) is a polygamous sect straddling the Utah and Arizona state lines; the twin towns of Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Arizona, are known collectively as Short Creek (pronounced "crick").9 Mar 2016

Really, it's not so much the polygamy, but the underaged marriage.  Fundamentalist Mormons have several beliefs, one of which is that all post-pubescent females should be married.  Having children as early as possible is a religious duty.  So the Mormon Bishop arranges marriages of 12-14 year old girls to 48-50 year old men.

When I was an Assistant Attorney General of Arizona I drew the assignment of overseeing arrests in Colorado City.  Now, get a map.  The Grand Canyon runs through Northern Arizona, so the strip between the Canyon and the Utah border is a narrow bit of land called the Northern Strip.  You don't drive there--it takes at least a day--but you take a helicopter or a small plane.

It was considered shit duty, but the FLDS chose the strip precisely because of its remoteness from outside law enforcement.  Up there, everything is Mormon, including the local sheriff, his four wives, two only 13-years old, one pregnant.  So the State would send us up there from Phoenix to enforce the law.  Anyway, drawing that duty meant I became intimately familiar with their ways...and of course, the law.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:16 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What if it was a white adult female teacher who seduced a black underage boy, or a black adult female teacher who seduced a white underage boy...!?

Compared with a black/white underage girl who seduced a black/white adult male teacher...!?

I reckon the result would be pretty much the same for the adult female, with little or no prosecution for either of the adult females... but if adult teacher was male, the book would be thrown heavily at him regardless of black/white...!

I think you are right, tommy. My point is that juries can be biased in the south, whether pro-white or pro-female.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS) is a polygamous sect straddling the Utah and Arizona state lines; the twin towns of Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Arizona, are known collectively as Short Creek (pronounced "crick").9 Mar 2016

Really, it's not so much the polygamy, but the underaged marriage.  Fundamentalist Mormons have several beliefs, one of which is that all post-pubescent females should be married.  Having children as early as possible is a religious duty.  So the Mormon Bishop arranges marriages of 12-14 year old girls to 48-50 year old men.

When I was an Assistant Attorney General of Arizona I drew the assignment of overseeing arrests in Colorado City.  Now, get a map.  The Grand Canyon runs through Northern Arizona, so the strip between the Canyon and the Utah border is a narrow bit of land called the Northern Strip.  You don't drive there--it takes at least a day--but you take a helicopter or a small plane.

It was considered shit duty, but the FLDS chose the strip precisely because of its remoteness from outside law enforcement.  Up there, everything is Mormon, including the local sheriff, his four wives, two only 13-years old, one pregnant.  So the State would send us up there from Phoenix to enforce the law.  Anyway, drawing that duty meant I became intimately familiar with their ways...and of course, the law.

I googled FLDS and that's the first paragraph that came up....I had no idea what it stood for.

Blimey.....so they live their lives according to their own laws...which some are obviously warped if they encourage child sexual abuse, and they carry on because they are so isolated from the rest of the US.
Sounds a bit like the Muslim communities which were operating here for decades, they however did it in the middle of local cities, towns and villages.

It sounds fascinating though Quill, I bet you have some good stories to tell about your duties there.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 pm

It was a losing battle until the Feds came in.  In addition to Utah (Idaho, Utah and Arizona are the three predominately Mormon states) across the border, the FLDS had a huge complex in Waco TX.  If they were really about to get pinched, they skipped town to another state.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next