NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

renewable power generation

2 posters

Go down

renewable power generation Empty renewable power generation

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:14 pm

OH YEAH

we got loads of coppice that is suitable as fuel wood, as well as wind blows and trees that need felling cos they are past their best, and of course we will replant the felled and blown ones and the coppice is almost infinitely self renewing (some of the coppice stools we have are 2-300 years old and still going strong...)

so wood burner at home and nuts to gas central heating
AND... cheers cheers cheers cheers  I have found another great use

thermoelectric generation  works out about 1/3rd the price of solar pv and requires little more than a funace of some sort to burn the wood in and a shed load of little TEG (thermoelectric generator) chips...ok so I gotta actually build the "genrator part from the ground up...but thats a doddle really

and its [strike]300x24 = 7.2kWW/hrs a day ....for nowt (thats almost 2 times our full electric requirements) ..so just a bit of solar to top it up and away we go...I can finally get rid of the majority of those ugly solar panels on me shed roof...

I just got to keep the burner well fed....AND figure out how to store the excess for peak needs......thats one F**k off big battery.....

SORTED

and since its coppice or replanted trees its carbon neutral and all green and eco like......... grin angel
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

renewable power generation Empty Re: renewable power generation

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Arrow

Two points :

Air Pollution :  may not be a worry out in rural areas,  but becomes more of a consideration as you move in through suburban and urban areas  --  wood fires during winter have already become a major problem in many suburban neighbourhoods..

Solar Power :  is a lot more efficient in many parts of Australia, southern parts of the USA, Africa, around the Meditteranean,   when compared to Britain, northern Europe or Russia;  (Plus:  backup generators could be run on natural gas, or with 'renewables' like biodiesel, in many areas..).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:25 pm

solar power is pants here except whan you dont really need it bad...say from april to august, the rest of the year you need 10 times as many panels (in watts) as you have in consumption to hope to make a dent.

properly designed wood burners dont present a problem, and if you use correctly seasoned/dried wood its even less of an issue, many of the problems that exist is due to uneducated green wannabe numpties burning "green wood"

as long as you burn wood at sufficient temperature with sufficient air it produces very little in the way of either gas or particulate pollution.

and besides we dont live in a smoke control area so.......but just to keep the pansies happy I will burn at high temps ...its more efficient anyway and doesnt clog you flue with tars....And i will fit a dirty nasty but effective electrostatic precipitator to remove pm 2.5s
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down