NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From glimpses of heaven to revealing their secret regrets, nurses describe the heart-wrenching last words of dying patients

+3
SEXY MAMA
nicko
HoratioTarr
7 posters

Go down

From glimpses of heaven to revealing their secret regrets, nurses describe the heart-wrenching last words of dying patients Empty From glimpses of heaven to revealing their secret regrets, nurses describe the heart-wrenching last words of dying patients

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:30 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5076725/What-people-say-die.html

Nurses who care for the terminally ill have revealed the heart-wrenching last words of terminally ill patients before they die, including their biggest regrets, fears and witnessing glimpses of heaven.
Macmillan palliative care nurses at Royal Stoke University Hospital in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, say patients often wish to see their beloved pet one last time, while others simply request a cup of tea.
One nurse described how an unwell couple asked for their beds to be pushed together before dying within 10 days of each other.
Many patients' last words include them complaining life is too short and regretting they spent their hard-earned retirement in ill health. 
Previous research from the University of North Carolina found the terminally ill and those on death row are more positive than might be expected, with many calling on family and religion to ease the anxiety of their passing. 
In an online BBC clip 'What do people say before they die?', the nurses add it is possible to have a 'good death' and explain why people should not be afraid of passing on.

As well as some requesting a cup of tea, nurse Dani Jervis said: 'We do get people that would like their favourite tipple,' the BBC reported. 
Nurse Angela Beeson described how an unwell couple simply wanted their beds pushed together so they could lay side-by-side, holding hands, singing 'Slow Boat to China' together. 

In terms of feeling regret, Ms Jervis said: ‘One person said life is too short, do the things that you want, do the things that make you happy.' 
Ms Beeson added: ‘People will have worked really hard and found their retirement was spent in ill health, not doing the things they’d hoped to.’ 
Past research from the University of North Carolina reveals the blog posts of terminally ill patients are surprisingly uplifting, with the number of positive words increasing as they approach death. 
Many also mention family and religion, suggesting these ease their anxiety.
Lead author Kurt Gray said: 'When we imagine our emotions as we approach death, we think mostly of sadness and terror.
'But it turns out, dying is less sad and terrifying - and happier - than you think. 

'In our imagination, dying is lonely and meaningless, but the final blog posts of terminally ill patients and the last words of death row inmates are filled with love, social connection and meaning.' 

The Macmillan nurses urge people not to be afraid of death, with some patients reporting they see glimpses of heaven and describe it as 'wonderful 

Ms Beeson even said her aunt was 'talking' to her deceased grandmother moments before she died.
The team add it is possible to have a 'good death', saying communication is key, as well as being pain-free and surrounded by family.
People should openly discuss death and prepare in advance for the end of their lives, they add.  
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

From glimpses of heaven to revealing their secret regrets, nurses describe the heart-wrenching last words of dying patients Empty Re: From glimpses of heaven to revealing their secret regrets, nurses describe the heart-wrenching last words of dying patients

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:31 pm

had to laugh at this....one of the comments by the readers.

I hope when I die it will be peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather.... And not shouting and screaming like his passengers.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

From glimpses of heaven to revealing their secret regrets, nurses describe the heart-wrenching last words of dying patients Empty Re: From glimpses of heaven to revealing their secret regrets, nurses describe the heart-wrenching last words of dying patients

Post by nicko Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:16 pm

You'd be surprised how many big tough Soldiers use the word MOM in their last breath.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:17 pm

nicko wrote:You'd be surprised how many big tough Soldiers use the word MOM  in their last breath.

That just made me really sad. Sad
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:33 pm

It made me really cry when it was one of my best friends I was holding.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:30 pm

When Lisa passed away a couple of weeks ago, her daughter told me how she was sipping whiskey and coke and puffing on her e-cig. She told everyone in the room (family) she loved them and asked her daughter to text me with instructions to finish writing my book.

She handed her ecig to her daughter and left a sip of whiskey, lay back and called her own mother over to her bed,

"I can see nanny" she said.

Her mum told her to go to her nan and Lisa closed her eyes and took her last breath and went peacefully.

The nurses told her family she literally chose to go and it was one of the most peaceful deaths she'd seen, ever.

That was Lisa through and through. No one told her what to do, she did everything in her own time.

Last edited by eddie on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:33 pm

eddie wrote:When Lisa passed away a couple of weeks ago, her daughter told me how she was sipping whiskey and coke and puffing on her e-cig. She told everyone in the room (family) she loved them and asked her daughter to text me with instructions to finish writing my book.

She handed her ecig to her daughter and left a sip of whiskey, lay back and called her own mother over to her bed,

Her mum told her to go to her nan and Lisa closed her eyes and took her last breath and went peacefully.

The nurses told her family she literally chose to go and it was one of the most peaceful deaths she'd seen ever.

That was Lisa through and through. No one told her what to do, she did it everything in her own time.

Beautiful.

So many times I have heard about people and even seen people in their last moments be at such peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Yes didge. Lisa always said she'd go when she was ready. I feel so honoured to have got a text from her only two hours before she died.
I miss that girl so much.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:55 pm

eddie wrote:When Lisa passed away a couple of weeks ago, her daughter told me how she was sipping whiskey and coke and puffing on her e-cig. She told everyone in the room (family) she loved them and asked her daughter to text me with instructions to finish writing my book.

The nurses told her family she literally chose to go and it was one of the most peaceful deaths she'd seen, ever.

That was Lisa through and through. No one told her what to do, she did everything in her own time.

Words escape me and tears fill my eyes, reading that...

RIP Lisa.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Thank you, Quill x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:15 pm

You were very lucky to have known someone like her eddie x

Count your blessings rather than being upset of her absence.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Dementia patient on her death bed to her daughter...'I don't know who you are.  I just know that I love you.'
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:26 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Dementia patient on her death bed to her daughter...'I don't know who you are.  I just know that I love you.'

How sweet.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:35 pm

This thread is so touching. 
I suppose we all have a story to tell if we have lost someone we really love, its just so damn sad though to read about others.  Sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:22 pm

It's very sad Syl, but also you know they are passing over in peace and are happy.

Many people see relatives when they are ready to breathe their last, because their relatives always come and take them over.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 pm

When my dad was dying - he lost his ability to communicate apart from smiling and squeezing my hand .

I would sing the 'Lords prayer ' to him and he would squeeze my hand all the way through it . A very beautiful moment was when he looked to the door and saw something obviously out of this world because the smile on his face was radiant I've never seen a smile like it and others in the room said the same - he must have been so very happy at what he saw .

He was holding on for two of his grandchildren to visit which i arranged for it to happen and early next morning he left us , he was happy to go .

I remember climbing on his bed and lying beside him and whispering in his ear that I'm going to take care of mum and that he doesn't need to worry about that and he blinked and had tears in his eyes he loved my mum so much he just wanted to know she would be looked after , he had lost his voice but he knew everything we said to him . Saddest and most difficult week of my entire life seeing my dad fade away .

It was one of the night nurses that suggested that my dad was holding on because he hadn't seen his two grandaughters who had not seen him for 10 years Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:49 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:When my dad was dying - he lost his ability to communicate apart from smiling and squeezing my hand .

I would sing the 'Lords prayer ' to him and he would squeeze my hand all the way through it . A very beautiful moment was when he looked to the door and saw something obviously out of this world because the smile on his face was radiant I've never seen a smile like it and others in the room said the same - he must have been so very happy at what he saw .

He was holding on for two of his grandchildren to visit which i arranged for it to happen and early next morning he left us , he was happy to go .

I remember climbing on his bed and lying beside him and whispering in his ear that I'm going to take care of mum and that he doesn't need to worry about that and he blinked and had tears in his eyes he loved my mum so much he just wanted to know she would be looked after , he had lost his voice but he knew everything we said to him . Saddest and most difficult week of my entire life seeing my dad fade away .

It was one of the night nurses that suggested that my dad was holding on because he hadn't seen his two grandaughters who had not seen him for 10 years Sad

Thank you for sharing that.
It must be a real comfort to know your loved one passed peacefully.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:53 am

magica wrote:It's very sad Syl, but also you know they are passing over in peace and are happy.

Many people see relatives when they are ready to breathe their last, because their relatives always come and take them over.

I hope so Mags.
I missed my mum dying by about 10 minutes. We were dashing to be with her because we had a phone call from the nursing home to say she wasnt well, but we didnt make it on time.

The night before, as I was leaving her I said as usual...I love you mum, she replied 'I love you love'......and thats the last time I heard her voice.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down