NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'He thought it was OK because I was a glamour model': Nicola McLean reflects on her disgust at David Van Day's 'sexually inappropriate' behaviour on I'm A Celebrity in 2008

5 posters

Go down

'He thought it was OK because I was a glamour model': Nicola McLean reflects on her disgust at David Van Day's 'sexually inappropriate' behaviour on I'm A Celebrity in 2008 Empty 'He thought it was OK because I was a glamour model': Nicola McLean reflects on her disgust at David Van Day's 'sexually inappropriate' behaviour on I'm A Celebrity in 2008

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Nicola McLean has accused David Van Day of inappropriate sexual behaviour during their appearance on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here in 2008. 
The mother-of-two, 36, was seen on camera during the ITV show being smacked on the bottom by the Bucks Fizz star, 60, during a challenge where he also proceeded to plant an unwelcome kiss on her and touch her stomach in the waterfall shower. 
Reflecting back, Nicola told The Sun that she thought David deemed his 'uncomfortable' behaviour was okay because she was a glamour model who 'gets her boobs out for a living'.

In unbelievable scenes aired on I'm A Celebrity nearly ten years ago, David was seen helping his arch nemesis Nicola to wash the mud off her body after a task.
He then went on to give her a slap on the bottom and plant a kiss on her after winning a challenge.

And in light of the recent Harvey Weinstein scandal, Nicola has detailed her uneasiness at David's actions - labelling it 'very sexually inappropriate.'
Expanding on events that took place off camera, Nicola continued: 'He even said "I'm a hot blooded male and I can see two things I like." If David Van Day had done what he did to me to someone who wasn't a glamour model, there would have been uproar.'

She continued: 'His behaviour was very strange and made me feel so uncomfortable - I'd gone from arguing non-stop with this man who was old enough to be my father - to have his hands on my body when I was wearing my bikini.'
MailOnline has contacted representatives for I'm A Celebrity and David for further comment. 
At the time, Nicola revealed that ITV producers asked her if she wanted him kicked off the show after being concerned with his behaviour. 

And now she has admitted she tried to look past his actions in fear of being a labelled a 'drama queen' and not finding work after the show. 
However, this isn't the first time Nicola has spoken about David's behaviour as she opened up about it in 2008, shortly after she left the series.
‘What he did was degrading,’ she claimed at the time.. 'He touched me inappropriately. In our contract it says we are not to touch one another in a sexual way or you get a warning or even worse. 
‘The producers called me into the Bush Telegraph. I didn’t do anything about it at the time. But I am kicking myself now,’ she told the Daily Star.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5062867/Nicola-McLean-claims-David-Van-Day-inappropriate.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'He thought it was OK because I was a glamour model': Nicola McLean reflects on her disgust at David Van Day's 'sexually inappropriate' behaviour on I'm A Celebrity in 2008 Empty Re: 'He thought it was OK because I was a glamour model': Nicola McLean reflects on her disgust at David Van Day's 'sexually inappropriate' behaviour on I'm A Celebrity in 2008

Post by Syl Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:24 pm

He is a creep and his behaviour overstepped the mark, but.....she was the token totty on the show that year and did her best to get noticed in skimpy bikinis. That wasnt an invitation for anyone to manhandle her, but she had the chance to voice her complaints and stick to them at the time, she didn't, she even trawled round with him after the show to get extra publicity.
In my opinion she is just another woman desperate to jump on the bandwagon.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'He thought it was OK because I was a glamour model': Nicola McLean reflects on her disgust at David Van Day's 'sexually inappropriate' behaviour on I'm A Celebrity in 2008 Empty Re: 'He thought it was OK because I was a glamour model': Nicola McLean reflects on her disgust at David Van Day's 'sexually inappropriate' behaviour on I'm A Celebrity in 2008

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:32 am

It's like a doxing inferno now!    David Blaine's next....
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:39 am

....Now Steven Seagal...
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:52 pm

The Pope?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:51 pm

What I'm waiting for is the militant lesbian names to start dropping.

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:18 pm

This B model flaunted herself and flirted with him. It was all on camera. She was laughing and posing. She's just trying to get herself known again because she wasn't known then even less now.

Yes Van Days a jerk, but how many girls have had men make a pass at them, that doesn't make them a sex maniac.

I'm getting peed off with this all now, its making a joke of it, when real victims, abused, raped and worse wish all they had was a pass made at them.

Go away b model you lapped it up at the time, its on camera!
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:45 pm

magica wrote:This B model flaunted herself and flirted with him.  It was all on camera.  She was laughing and posing.  She's just trying to get herself known again because she wasn't known then even less now.

Yes Van Days a jerk, but how many girls have had men make a pass at them, that doesn't make them a sex maniac.

I'm getting peed off with this all now, its making a joke of it, when real victims, abused, raped and worse wish all they had was a pass made at them.

Go away b model you lapped it up at the time, its on camera!

Spot on, Magica.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:53 pm

And isn't that what the audience wants when they watch these shitty, bubblegum, made-for-idiots, shows?
You might say that the public encourage this behaviour - from both sides - viewing figures show what TV sells and what doesn't.

We are a sex-obsessed and vain society. The signs have been there for years.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down