NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Refuses To Listen To Doctors About Dangers Of Eye-Color Surgery And Ends Up Going Blind

+2
magica
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Man Refuses To Listen To Doctors About Dangers Of Eye-Color Surgery And Ends Up Going Blind Empty Man Refuses To Listen To Doctors About Dangers Of Eye-Color Surgery And Ends Up Going Blind

Post by eddie Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Mark appeared on The Doctors during its very first season. He always had brown eyes, and for some reason, he hated them. He wouldn’t even take out the trash without wearing blue-colored contacts.

He traveled to Panama to get a surgery to change his eye color from brown to blue. While on the show in 2009, Dr. Travis Stork and Dr. Kerry Assil warned Mark that this surgery should be absolutely avoided, as there was a 50% chance of going blind.

Mark didn’t want to hear it. He defended his decision. Now, nearly 10 years later, he’s gone completely blind in his right eye, while the vision in his left eye is slowly deteriorating. Mark admitted that the consent form he signed was in a language he didn’t speak.

“Do not do this surgery whatsoever! You will be blind 100%,” Mark warned.

While Mark will be permanently blind in his right eye, The Doctors agreed to help him save his remaining vision.

Dr. Assil compared the materials used to change Mark’s eyes with sandpaper grinding on the surface of his eye. After performing surgery to remove the materials, Mark’s left eye was salvageable.

Dr. Assil explains that the material used to change his eye color has been doing “silent damage” and says it is comparable to sandpaper grinding on the surface of the eye. Luckily, the vision in Mark’s left eye was saved.

https://www.littlethings.com/eye-color-changing-surgery-regret/?utm_source=shrd&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=health

The following video contains graphic scenes. Please be aware before watching

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Man Refuses To Listen To Doctors About Dangers Of Eye-Color Surgery And Ends Up Going Blind Empty Re: Man Refuses To Listen To Doctors About Dangers Of Eye-Color Surgery And Ends Up Going Blind

Post by magica Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:37 pm

I didn't even know you could change the colour of your eyes. The next question would be why. Very silly man to ignore doctors advice and now he's blind in one eye, and doctors have managed to save his other eye.

I'm so squeamish around eyes, couldn't have anything done to mine unless I medically have to.

Last edited by magica on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Man Refuses To Listen To Doctors About Dangers Of Eye-Color Surgery And Ends Up Going Blind Empty Re: Man Refuses To Listen To Doctors About Dangers Of Eye-Color Surgery And Ends Up Going Blind

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:38 pm

zero sympathy
I mean I fight like cat and dog with my doctor.....but at least I know what I'm talking about (diabetes meds) and since time has proved me correct the fighting has settled to "armed neutrality".

but to go against the advice of doctors over an issue like this ... Rolling Eyes he should at LEAST have researched it well on t'internet. theres enough info out there from reputabe sources.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:57 pm

I cant watch the video because I am extremely sqeamish when it comes to eyes.
The man was warned, eye sight is precious, to have dodgy surgery just to change the colour is stupid beyond belief.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:10 am

This surgery was compared to "rubbing sandpaper on your eye"....just no, no, no.

Why the hell would a doctor even consider doing a procedure like that?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:21 am

The old saying 'Vanity and happiness are incompatible', springs to mind.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:40 am

HoratioTarr wrote:The old saying 'Vanity and happiness are incompatible', springs to mind.

Spot on.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:10 am

Surprised

I can feel no sympathy for those neurotic nutters like him...

There are people out in the world with serious problems, many not of their own making..

And selfish little pricks like him will be soaking up medical and welfare resources that should be utilised elsewhere.

There are obviously quite good reasons why such insane 'vanity' procedures are outlawed in most countries --  and why those braindead morons with too much money and too little sense then have to travel to places like Panama or the Philippines..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down